The President Puts His Foot In His Mouth...Again...

1. "President Obama appeared to take a new jab Wednesday at likely Republican opponent Mitt Romney -- and his wealth.

2. In discussing government support for schools, Obama said:

"Somebody gave me an education. I wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth. Michelle wasn't."

3. Obama and aides figure to spotlight Romney's wealth repeatedly as they debate what he calls very different visions for the future."
Obama: I wasn't born with 'silver spoon'

So...what is the political import....that because Romney was born wealthy, somebody else was able to offer him an education???

Could the teleprompter-President be so tone deaf that he doesn't realize that "Somebody gave me an education" is exactly the same as the situation in which Romney found himself???

Doesn't this ...I almost called the President a 'bonehead'....guy realize that "Somebody gave me an education" means, rather, that everybody in the United States was born with a silver spoon in their mouth???

'Somebody' gave each of them an education.

The real difference is that we know who paid for Romney's education.
Obama won't reveal who paid for his.

I wonder why......don't you?

On the surface it does appear odd to criticize someone who was given an education and at the same time announce that you were given one too but once you look at the source it all becomes clear.

True, Obama was far from poor growing up, EXCEPT when he lived with his mother alone.

Was that in Kenya ?

1. "President Obama appeared to take a new jab Wednesday at likely Republican opponent Mitt Romney -- and his wealth.

"Somebody gave me an education. I wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth. Michelle wasn't."

3. Obama and aides figure to spotlight Romney's wealth repeatedly as they debate what he calls very different visions for the future."

So...what is the political import....that because Romney was born wealthy, somebody else was able to offer him an education???

Could the teleprompter-President be so tone deaf that he doesn't realize that "Somebody gave me an education" is exactly the same as the situation in which Romney found himself???

Doesn't this ...I almost called the President a 'bonehead'....guy realize that "Somebody gave me an education" means, rather, that everybody in the United States was born with a silver spoon in their mouth???

On the surface it does appear odd to criticize someone who was given an education and at the same time announce that you were given one too but once you look at the source it all becomes clear.

True, Obama was far from poor growing up, EXCEPT when he lived with his mother alone.

yeah.....the welfare queen of the family....

ps: evidently his mother got food stamps while working on her PhD.....Barry was not living with her at that time however....

http://sweetness-light.com/archive/when-was-obamas-mom-on-food-stamps

Last edited:
Well, Mr. Obama, we can also say Mitt Romney wasn't born with a half-black skin color that he could use to his advantage anytime he needed special treatment, like you got.

So is Obama arguing that Mitt was born with an Ivy League education already? That little 8 pound 2 ounce Mitt was way smarter than little 8 pound 2 ounce baby Barack?

I wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth either. I did get one later. My dad worked his ass off and built his private business into a fine small company that afforded him the opportunity to send his children to college. He paid every dime that was paid for three formal educations. In my case, he paid for graduate school. I was blessed in this regard.

However, I grew up amongst many that did not have as much money or fine clothes as we did. I had many friends growing up whose family fortunes varied from filthy rich to dirt poor. I gravitated toward the poor ones because they seemed to make better, more sincere friends.

SO....just because a person grew up well monied does not mean they cannot identify with those who have less to spend. Part of what has made me a charitable person is that knowledge of those great, poor friends I had as a teenager. Consequently, I have given away more in my lifetime than a lot of people will earn in theirs.

I wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth either. I did get one later. My dad worked his ass off and built his private business into a fine small company that afforded him the opportunity to send his children to college. He paid every dime that was paid for three formal educations. In my case, he paid for graduate school. I was blessed in this regard.

However, I grew up amongst many that did not have as much money or fine clothes as we did. I had many friends growing up whose family fortunes varied from filthy rich to dirt poor. I gravitated toward the poor ones because they seemed to make better, more sincere friends.

SO....just because a person grew up well monied does not mean they cannot identify with those who have less to spend. Part of what has made me a charitable person is that knowledge of those great, poor friends I had as a teenager. Consequently, I have given away more in my lifetime than a lot of people will earn in theirs.

Thanks for making the case for Mitt R.

Thanks for making the case for Mitt R.
I didn't think a case had to be made. I have several filthy rich friends that are fully aware of the needs of those that wonder where their next meal will come from.

First off, Obama sounds like a whining idiot loser jerk baby when he says shit like this, it's so unbecoming.

Secondly, Romney made most of his fortune on his own. His father was successful but nothing like Mitt. And Mitt Romney's grandparents arrived in the united states with just the clothes on their back.

The Kennedy's, all but the father, Joe, have all been born with spoons in their mouths. Liberals never complain about that.

i love when the o/p intentionally misses the point of a statement just so she can go off on an obama-deraged rant.

fauxrage is so entertaining

:popcorn:

well, did somebody give the asshole an education or knot?

At least we know who paid for Romney's education... who again was it that paid for Obama's Ivy League education?

Scholarships.

His background is sealed at last report, IIRC.

Occidental College records
Columbia College records
Columbia Thesis paper
Harvard College records
Selective Service Registration
medical records
Illinois State Senate records
Illinois State Senate schedule
Law practice client list
A Certified Copy of original Birth certificate
embossed, signed paper Certification of Live Birth
Harvard Law Review articles that were published
University of Chicago scholarly articles
Record of baptism
His first day in office he signed an Ex. Order# 13489 that sealed his records. Google Executive Records and see that order.

Silver spoon, as in the $40,000 per plate fundraisers? :lol:

Forum List

Back