THE President Obama Education Speech Transcript

not that you wouldn't end up babbling anyway. Clearly, you would. But, dude, seriously. It's called "punctuation." it makes it much easier for us, your would-be readers, to "get" whatever the hell it is you think you're trying to spew.

unlike how repbulicans are trying to cause stuff or wait fox.... Helping you i dont need help i know the truth and i know the bias from each channel.

Msnbc- dem
fox-repulican
myfoxboston-local diffrent opioions in new enlgand
wmur news 9- local in state have there share of diffrent opioions
cnn- fair

random wait i dunno what well sure but as then whatever fox and also too to be it might not on the other and you hand it well it shouldnt but ... Not need help and capitalizashun is for republicans and wait fox and i sure wish i knew how to yuz a dickshunary or maybe even what punctuation was for then dem and fox repulican spelling opshunel and opionons are not what they seem too bee some are diffrent opioioioions somewhere in americuh and even in new enlgand

rofl.

My friend, tha malcontent, had a problem with the speech that was prepared as spelled out in the OP (again tipping the cap to Bodey who got the link out there for us to peruse)? Really?

He might have had a problem with the prospect of THE speech before it got posted. Before it got posted the hub-bub had been about how far the President was willing to go to use the public school system to engage in his typical propagandizing.

It is believed that President Obama was compelled to change what he was GOING to say (and no, I don't actually have any concrete proof that he did). And that might mean that the ensuing hub-bub WORKED. Maybe.

But that's a pretty much different question than whether the malcontent had any real problems with the final version of THE speech as pre-released by the White House.

Limiting my comment to just THAT sppech, I still say I see nothing offensive in it and I have difficulty believing that tha malcontent has a problem with the final version of that prepared written effort. If I'm wrong, please show me where tha malcontent criticized the merits of that final draft.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/revie...speech-to-the-children-and-my-commentary.html

Thanks for the link. I had not seen that post. I see, now, what Xotoxi was referring to.

For what it's worth, yeah. I guess there may be some conservatives (I think I allowed-for room for some disagreement) who do not share my point of view on this one.

And that means that this is one of the instances where tha mal and I are not exactly on the same page.

A President exhorting school kids to accept responsibility and to work hard -- a bit of a rah-rah speech though it might be -- is HARDLY something I disagree with. SUBSTANTIVELY, tha malcontent may not disagree with what the President said, either. On a quick scanning of the mal's points, it appears that he is objecting to the manner in which the President chose to go about it and objecting to timing and issues of style. But on substance? I dunno. What is there to object to?

It's Hackery... And he's Targeted Children Politically since his Campaign for Glorious Leader began...

From a Rant of mine:

For those of you who felt we were being ridiculous about Barry's Intrusion into Schools this week... I underlined some of the more Disturbing Requests by the Obama Campaign of Children and Specifically how it Relates to Schools:

Organizing for America | Kids for Obama

Welcome to Kids for Obama

In the words of Senator Barack Obama, the "Obama for America Campaign is a different type of campaign". For the first time in campaign history, children ages 12 and under, have a place to go and actually vote—through their voice. What a great way to be introduced to politics and to express your support for Senator Obama.

Check out the Kids for Obama
Starter Kit!

Below you will find a list of activities children 12 and under can do to get involved. To start, print out our Logo Coloring Sheet, color it in and display at your house or in your school.

10 Ways Kids for Obama can get involved:

Create a Kids for Obama Group on My.Barackobama.com. For example, Chicago Kids for Obama or DC Kids for Obama and throw a party!

Write a letter or editorial to your local news paper, expressing "Why Barack Obama should become the next US President".

Find a Pen Pal - it could be in your school, city, state, or another state. Write and discuss different ways you can get involved.

Draw a picture of Senator Barack Obama or "an expression of Democracy". For example, the Senator sitting in the White House or working on Capitol. Hill. You can send your drawing to the Obama for America Campaign Headquarters in Chicago and it will be posted for the Senator to see.

Implement T-Shirt Thursday. Get friends to wear an official Obama for America T-Shirt to school.

Take an adult (voting age) to the polls on Election Day and encourage them to vote for you, by voting for Senator Obama.

Post an official Obama for America Campaign sticker/logo on your school bag.

Wear an Obama for America Campaign button and/or clothing.

Host a Senator Barack Obama House Party or sleep-over.

Contribute to the Kids for Obama Blog .

How many times did he Request 12 and Under Children to Pimp his Campaign at School in that List?...

Or how about Guilting Adults into Voting for him by Using the Children?...

This SHOULD Disturb anyone who Reads it, but the Bots have long been Unreachable with the Truth.

Drunk on the Kool-Aid, they are.

:)

peace...

President Bush asked kids to write him when he gave his speech to the school children. He asked them how they could "help". When Obama does it, it's different. He's black and he was born in Hawaii, which many Republicans know isn't a state. Perhaps if they didn't "drop out"?

Bullshit.

Today's speech was fine. Not a problem However, the lesson plans were rewritten twice, do you really have a question that the speech too was rewritten?

Bush 41 also addressed kids, guess what? His speech was nearly identical to the one today. Guess how Democrats reacted?

When Bush spoke to students, Democrats investigated, held hearings | Washington Examiner

When Bush spoke to students, Democrats investigated, held hearings

By: Byron York
Chief Political Correspondent
09/08/09 7:11 AM EDT

George H. Bush, 41st President of the United States (Photo by Logan Mock-Bunting/Getty Images)
The controversy over President Obama's speech to the nation's schoolchildren will likely be over shortly after Obama speaks today at Wakefield High School in Arlington, Virginia. But when President George H.W. Bush delivered a similar speech on October 1, 1991, from Alice Deal Junior High School in Washington DC, the controversy was just beginning. Democrats, then the majority party in Congress, not only denounced Bush's speech -- they also ordered the General Accounting Office to investigate its production and later summoned top Bush administration officials to Capitol Hill for an extensive hearing on the issue.

Unlike the Obama speech, in 1991 most of the controversy came after, not before, the president's school appearance. The day after Bush spoke, the Washington Post published a front-page story suggesting the speech was carefully staged for the president's political benefit. "The White House turned a Northwest Washington junior high classroom into a television studio and its students into props," the Post reported.

With the Post article in hand, Democrats pounced. "The Department of Education should not be producing paid political advertising for the president, it should be helping us to produce smarter students," said Richard Gephardt, then the House Majority Leader. "And the president should be doing more about education than saying, 'Lights, camera, action.'"

Democrats did not stop with words. Rep. William Ford, then chairman of the House Education and Labor Committee, ordered the General Accounting Office to investigate the cost and legality of Bush's appearance. On October 17, 1991, Ford summoned then-Education Secretary Lamar Alexander and other top Bush administration officials to testify at a hearing devoted to the speech. "The hearing this morning is to really examine the expenditure of $26,750 of the Department of Education funds to produce and televise an appearance by President Bush at Alice Deal Junior High School in Washington, DC," Ford began. "As the chairman of the committee charged with the authorization and implementation of education programs, I am very much interested in the justification, rationale for giving the White House scarce education funds to produce a media event."

Unfortunately for Ford, the General Accounting Office concluded that the Bush administration had not acted improperly. "The speech itself and the use of the department's funds to support it, including the cost of the production contract, appear to be legal," the GAO wrote in a letter to Chairman Ford. "The speech also does not appear to have violated the restrictions on the use of appropriations for publicity and propaganda."

That didn't stop Democratic allies from taking their own shots at Bush. The National Education Association denounced the speech, saying it "cannot endorse a president who spends $26,000 of taxpayers' money on a staged media event at Alice Deal Junior High School in Washington, D.C. -- while cutting school lunch funds for our neediest youngsters."...[/quote]

Cut shool funding and then use what little money they have left over to give a speech? Republicans can't see anything wrong with this picture?

Thanks for the link. I had not seen that post. I see, now, what Xotoxi was referring to.

For what it's worth, yeah. I guess there may be some conservatives (I think I allowed-for room for some disagreement) who do not share my point of view on this one.

And that means that this is one of the instances where tha mal and I are not exactly on the same page.

A President exhorting school kids to accept responsibility and to work hard -- a bit of a rah-rah speech though it might be -- is HARDLY something I disagree with. SUBSTANTIVELY, tha malcontent may not disagree with what the President said, either. On a quick scanning of the mal's points, it appears that he is objecting to the manner in which the President chose to go about it and objecting to timing and issues of style. But on substance? I dunno. What is there to object to?

It's Hackery... And he's Targeted Children Politically since his Campaign for Glorious Leader began...

From a Rant of mine:

For those of you who felt we were being ridiculous about Barry's Intrusion into Schools this week... I underlined some of the more Disturbing Requests by the Obama Campaign of Children and Specifically how it Relates to Schools:

Organizing for America | Kids for Obama

Welcome to Kids for Obama

In the words of Senator Barack Obama, the "Obama for America Campaign is a different type of campaign". For the first time in campaign history, children ages 12 and under, have a place to go and actually vote—through their voice. What a great way to be introduced to politics and to express your support for Senator Obama.

Check out the Kids for Obama
Starter Kit!

Below you will find a list of activities children 12 and under can do to get involved. To start, print out our Logo Coloring Sheet, color it in and display at your house or in your school.

10 Ways Kids for Obama can get involved:

Create a Kids for Obama Group on My.Barackobama.com. For example, Chicago Kids for Obama or DC Kids for Obama and throw a party!

Write a letter or editorial to your local news paper, expressing "Why Barack Obama should become the next US President".

Find a Pen Pal - it could be in your school, city, state, or another state. Write and discuss different ways you can get involved.

Draw a picture of Senator Barack Obama or "an expression of Democracy". For example, the Senator sitting in the White House or working on Capitol. Hill. You can send your drawing to the Obama for America Campaign Headquarters in Chicago and it will be posted for the Senator to see.

Implement T-Shirt Thursday. Get friends to wear an official Obama for America T-Shirt to school.

Take an adult (voting age) to the polls on Election Day and encourage them to vote for you, by voting for Senator Obama.

Post an official Obama for America Campaign sticker/logo on your school bag.

Wear an Obama for America Campaign button and/or clothing.

Host a Senator Barack Obama House Party or sleep-over.

Contribute to the Kids for Obama Blog .

How many times did he Request 12 and Under Children to Pimp his Campaign at School in that List?...

Or how about Guilting Adults into Voting for him by Using the Children?...

This SHOULD Disturb anyone who Reads it, but the Bots have long been Unreachable with the Truth.

Drunk on the Kool-Aid, they are.

peace...

And again...

peace...

Forum List

Back