The President meets Moses

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
George W. Bush, in an airport lobby, noticed a man in a long flowing white robe with a long flowing white beard and flowing white hair. The man had a staff in one hand and some stone tablets under the other arm.

George W. approached the man and inquired, "Aren't you Moses."

The man ignored George W. and stared at the ceiling.

George W. positioned himself more directly in the man's view and asked again, "Aren't you Moses".

The man continued to peruse the ceiling.

George W. tugged at the man's sleeve and asked once again, "Aren't you
Moses".

The man finally responded in an irritated voice, "Yes I am".

George W. asked him why he was so uppity and the man replied, "The last
time a bush spoke to me I ended up spending forty years in the wilderness".

George W. Bush, in an airport lobby, noticed a man in a long flowing white robe with a long flowing white beard and flowing white hair. The man had a staff in one hand and some stone tablets under the other arm.

George W. approached the man and inquired, "Aren't you Moses."

The man ignored George W. and stared at the ceiling.

George W. positioned himself more directly in the man's view and asked again, "Aren't you Moses".

The man continued to peruse the ceiling.

George W. tugged at the man's sleeve and asked once again, "Aren't you
Moses".

The man finally responded in an irritated voice, "Yes I am".

George W. asked him why he was so uppity and the man replied, "The last
time a bush spoke to me I ended up spending forty years in the wilderness".
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Semper Fi said:
I dont get it... really, I dont...

Semper, haven't you heard the Bible story of Moses and the burning bush? Moses had killed an Egyptian man and run into the desert where he was working as a shepherd. Out with his flock one day, he saw a burning bush, which wasn't all that uncommon in the desert. The heat often makes dry brush burst into flames. But what interested him was that the bush wasn't being consumed by the fire. So he went to check it out. A voice spoke from the bush, telling Moses to take off his sandals; this was holy ground. It was God, and he wanted Moses to go back to Egypt and lead all the Israelites out of the slavery there to their own land. Moses did this, but bc the Israelites refused to trust/worship God, God condemned them to wander in the desert for 40 years before they could claim their land.

mom4 said:
Semper, haven't you heard the Bible story of Moses and the burning bush? Moses had killed an Egyptian man and run into the desert where he was working as a shepherd. Out with his flock one day, he saw a burning bush, which wasn't all that uncommon in the desert. The heat often makes dry brush burst into flames. But what interested him was that the bush wasn't being consumed by the fire. So he went to check it out. A voice spoke from the bush, telling Moses to take off his sandals; this was holy ground. It was God, and he wanted Moses to go back to Egypt and lead all the Israelites out of the slavery there to their own land. Moses did this, but bc the Israelites refused to trust/worship God, God condemned them to wander in the desert for 40 years before they could claim their land.

Thank you, it suddenly makes sene to me. See, I get most of my learning from school, and since 'Bible' is a cuss word in schools, I wouldnt know about that story. Thanks again.

Semper Fi said:
Thank you, it suddenly makes sene to me. See, I get most of my learning from school, and since 'Bible' is a cuss word in schools, I wouldnt know about that story.

I believe it! Pastor works as an in-school-suspension teacher at the local high. At Christmas, he had some students who didn't even realize that the holiday had anything to do with the Bible.

Thanks again.

Any time!

Forum List

Back