The President lied about it, so what?

Psychoblues

Nov 30, 2003
North Missisippi
This is basically what Ed Rogers, a prominent Republican strategist, just said about our reasons for going to war. He said it on "Hardball". I tried to get a transcript but it's not available at this time.

So that's it? We go to war, we kill thousands, even at least 2,000 AMERICAN patriots and many more thousands maimed, AMERICANS included, all based on lies and all this PROMINENT REPUBLICAN STRATEGIST named ED ROGERS can say is "So what?"

This vet don't cotton to that kind of crap. I put my life on the line for truth, justice and the American Way. I shudder to think that my life would be wasted away on the "lies" of GWB or any other Commander-In-Chief!!!!!

Psychoblues

Psychoblues said:
This is basically what Ed Rogers, a prominent Republican strategist, just said about our reasons for going to war. He said it on "Hardball". I tried to get a transcript but it's not available at this time.

So that's it? We go to war, we kill thousands, even at least 2,000 AMERICAN patriots and many more thousands maimed, AMERICANS included, all based on lies and all this PROMINENT REPUBLICAN STRATEGIST named ED ROGERS can say is "So what?"

This vet don't cotton to that kind of crap. I put my life on the line for truth, justice and the American Way. I shudder to think that my life would be wasted away on the "lies" of GWB or any other Commander-In-Chief!!!!!

Psychoblues

Damn he gave away our strater-gy? What kind of strater-gist is this guy? I mean he might as well tell everyone about our plan to eat babies as well. That is out ultimate plan. To eat babies. We do all this as window dressing to prepare for the baby eating. We like them smothered in oil, that was the reason for the war. Oil goes good with baby flesh. :rolleyes:

Psycho, do ever type a post sober?

Holly Shit!!! You mean Saddam really didn't break the cease fire agreements?! He did let inspectors go wherever they wanted when they wanted?? I'm outraged. Maybe we should go back and see whether or not he really invaded Kuwait too.

:gay:

Psychoblues said:

Psychoblues

So Psycho,,,you saying these were LIES:

"In the... ... years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including Al Qaeda members, though there is apparently no evidence of his involvement in the terrible events of September 11, 2001.

It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons. Should he succeed in that endeavor, he could alter the political and security landscape of the Middle East, which as we know all too well affects American security.

Now this much is undisputed. The open questions are: what should we do about it? How, when, and with whom?

Psychoblues said:

That is NOT saying "The President Lied" - it's saying 'SADDAM lied' (when he claimed to have stockpiles of WMD, and bragged about pursuing WMD). Saddam ALSO lied when he agreed to the cease-fire conditions. He ALSO lied when he said 'Sure! Send the inspectors! I'll cooperate! Saddam lied once again when he said 'Oh sure! I'll just use these oil profits for HUMANITARIAN items!'

(shrug).

If you're Mad - be mad at Saddam.

dmp said:
That is NOT saying "The President Lied" - it's saying 'SADDAM lied' (when he claimed to have stockpiles of WMD, and bragged about pursuing WMD). Saddam ALSO lied when he agreed to the cease-fire conditions. He ALSO lied when he said 'Sure! Send the inspectors! I'll cooperate! Saddam lied once again when he said 'Oh sure! I'll just use these oil profits for HUMANITARIAN items!'

(shrug).

If you're Mad - be mad at Saddam.

I just want to say, the above post is probably the coolest post i've made. :) Pretty slick, eh? How I turned the whole 'lying' thing around on him? I'd rep me if I could - but i have to spread it around some.

:D

:laugh: :dev2: :stupid: :stupid: :stupid:

dmp said:
I just want to say, the above post is probably the coolest post i've made. :) Pretty slick, eh? How I turned the whole 'lying' thing around on him? I'd rep me if I could - but i have to spread it around some.

:D

:laugh: :dev2: :stupid: :stupid: :stupid:

Is it difficult to lick yourself that way? ;)

Psychoblues said:

Psychoblues

Hey Pblues,
When it rains, do you go out and stare up with your mouth open? :eek:
Do you really think that if you repeat this same crap one more time anyone with more brain cells than a drop of water will buy it? You do realize that only works on others like yourself right?

Psychoblues said:

Psychoblues

Let's review the facts, shall we?

1. Saddam broke the 1991 Gulf War cease-fire agreement. That, alone, was legal justification to go back to war.
2. Saddam violated 16 or 17 different UN resolutions, each of which carried the threat (explicit or implied) of military action against the regime if not followed.
3. American intel, along with every other intel agency in the world, believed that Saddam had WMDs. This was partially due to the fact that he used some against various groups of Iraqis in the 1990s.
4. Saddam had well-documented ties to terrorist groups, and we are in the middle of a war against terrorism.

So I have no problems with the justification for war.

Now, given that we are now two and a half years past the invasion of Iraq, we have toppled Saddam's evil regime and replaced it with the beginnings of democracy, and have eliminated thousands of anti-American terrorists, what course of action do you propose to take?

It is too late fool! You cannot stop us! Our Master Plan is already underway! Our Lord God Grand Emperor On High George Bush (May He Live Forever) shall dominate the land! The time of the Glorious Uprising is nigh! The Infinite Empire shall reign supreme o'er the land, unto the ending of the world! Tremble, and despair!!!!

Hobbit said:
*vroom* *clack-clack-clack-clack* *vroom*

Oh, did I just hear a drive-by post?

Well... the original "drive by post" was shooting 'blanks'... so I don't know if it qualifies as a true 'drive by'.

gop_jeff said:
Let's review the facts, shall we?

1. Saddam broke the 1991 Gulf War cease-fire agreement. That, alone, was legal justification to go back to war.
2. Saddam violated 16 or 17 different UN resolutions, each of which carried the threat (explicit or implied) of military action against the regime if not followed.
3. American intel, along with every other intel agency in the world, believed that Saddam had WMDs. This was partially due to the fact that he used some against various groups of Iraqis in the 1990s.
4. Saddam had well-documented ties to terrorist groups, and we are in the middle of a war against terrorism.

So I have no problems with the justification for war.

Now, given that we are now two and a half years past the invasion of Iraq, we have toppled Saddam's evil regime and replaced it with the beginnings of democracy, and have eliminated thousands of anti-American terrorists, what course of action do you propose to take?

To add my two cents .....

Had Saddam been taken care of when he should have been in the mid 90s, we could be listening to Dems defend the actions of Clinton taking care of HIS responsibilities as President. Except for the fact that most of us would probably have supported taking out Saddam REGARDLESS who was President.

The man was a homicidal, megalomaniacal thug, completely unrepentant and unhumbled after having his ass waxed in 91. I recall at that time the left was trembling in fear of Saddam's vaunted, battle-hardened Republican Guard.

Seems like no matter what the incident, the left wants to sit quivering in the corner, paralyzed with fear of might happen. If there is no risk, there is usually nothing to gain.

GunnyL said:
To add my two cents .....

Had Saddam been taken care of when he should have been in the mid 90s, we could be listening to Dems defend the actions of Clinton taking care of HIS responsibilities as President. Except for the fact that most of us would probably have supported taking out Saddam REGARDLESS who was President.

The man was a homicidal, megalomaniacal thug, completely unrepentant and unhumbled after having his ass waxed in 91. I recall at that time the left was trembling in fear of Saddam's vaunted, battle-hardened Republican Guard.

Seems like no matter what the incident, the left wants to sit quivering in the corner, paralyzed with fear of might happen. If there is no risk, there is usually nothing to gain.

It's not that they're afraid, it's that they're stupid. The left sees geopolitics as no more than a kindergarten class on a large scale. That's why they think that if we just be nice to people they won't want to hurt us anymore.

USMCDevilDog said:
heh, fear of the Republican Gaurd? We won the ground war in 4 days! I bet the left felt like a bunch of dumbasses after that one.

No. They pulled their usual deflection tactic. Even though Bush had to agree to not take Saddam out, nor pursue him beyond the Kuwait-Iraq border in order to have unrestricted use of airspace in the ME and a base in Saudi Arabia, they began their "Bush didn't finish the job" rant that continued until his son DID "finish the job" at which time they suddenly began acting like they never heard of such a notion.

Forum List

Back