The President is pushing his new "Homestar" Energy Efficiency Retrofit Program.

mal

Diamond Member
Mar 16, 2009
Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde™
The President is pushing his new "Homestar" Energy Efficiency Retrofit Program.

Here's some Details for those of you who are Interested:

03-02-2010-Homestars.jpg

^The Czar... Homestar Runner.

More on the Czar heading up this Program:

Homerun Hitter!!

Some details at the White House website:

Fact Sheet: Homestar Energy Efficiency Retrofit Program | The White House

Obama at an Event:

Obama-HomeDepot-Homestar-CashforCaulkers_full_600_180.jpg

Thoughts on this Program?...

:)

peace...

Last edited:
Can you imagine the scam artists just waiting for this chump to become reality. I can't wait for 2010 and 2012 to get these criminals out of the Whitehouse.

Can you imagine the scam artists just waiting for this chump to become reality. I can't wait for 2010 and 2012 to get these criminals out of the Whitehouse.

2010 is almost Certainteed...

2012... Depends.

If Unemployment Improves to 7ish%, then he's Probably back in.

:)

peace...

I'm in construction, and it ain't so rosey right now

What i see brewing with the green machine is a double edged sword

On one hand, we've been down this road since Carter's fireside chat. There's been much ado, as well as legislation (like EPACT) that didn't fly because we didn't have energy cops (oversight, per se') across the board. And to be honest, the general public really only pays attention when they're hit in the wallet. Amortize the alt energy retro's and or energy saving retro's out and the numbers rarely work out. BUT, offer Joe average a tax break , a rebate, or some other incentive, and he's off to save the planet.

The only elements out there that maintain an altruistic stance are living off grid imho, and we're lousey with limo lib's investing all kinds of $$$ into the green machine for show and tell, without ever really changing their wasteful lifestyle.

Add to this the spectre of more governmental oversight and/or government jobs. Imho, big government never saved anything but itself, and usually provided itself a detriment to even it's honest stabs at creating a market of any kind

OTOH, we need jobs. Jobs are the numero uno element i see that are going to lift us out of our economic situation. Even if these jobs are government subsidized , they're still jobs

Where much of that can be said to be just more big government, and just more of our tax $$$ being pissed away, it can also be viewed as a 'bottom up' stimulus here, and can spawn many new service , or even manufacturing entities.

If it's done in the right manner (and i've sat the fence on this for years) it could be seen as another CCC, just a lotta greenshirts to put up with this time around

~S~

Forum List

Back