The Pope accepts Big Bang Theory?

1. I just wanted to point out that i created this account for the purpose of only posting on this thread.
2. The bible is not proof that god exists, it is a book written by man that tells a story of "god". EX: Harry Potter is not a real being.
3. Somehow religious people will eventually incorporate Evolution and the Big Bang into the bible or "Interpret" certain lines as such, when the meaning is not actually there. Before the acceptance of the theories, they were thought as far fetched. Now that there is acceptance, they a reinterpreted in the bible.
4. The pope says that science still leave questions unanswered, and that's why god exists. As it seems science continuosly and eventually gives logical reason to why and how things happen. Just because some questions are still unexplainable, does not mean that there is no explaination or that there is something supernatural behind it. EX: Greek and Roman Mythology.
5. Why does there have to be a god? Just because we as humans can't quite comprehend something does not mean that there has to be a god behind events. I know this is redundant, but "Why does there have to be a god."
6. If the chance that we are here is 1:1,000,000,000,000(1 in a trillion) and there are more than 1,000,000,000,000,000 planets, odds are very good that life will happen, and we will come into existence. There does not need to be any intelligence behind it just because we can't comprehend it.
7. No one had made any of these points yet so i felt the need to state them. Thank you.

Sorry bout that,

1. I just wanted to point out that i created this account for the purpose of only posting on this thread.
2. The bible is not proof that god exists, it is a book written by man that tells a story of "god". EX: Harry Potter is not a real being.
3. Somehow religious people will eventually incorporate Evolution and the Big Bang into the bible or "Interpret" certain lines as such, when the meaning is not actually there. Before the acceptance of the theories, they were thought as far fetched. Now that there is acceptance, they a reinterpreted in the bible.
4. The pope says that science still leave questions unanswered, and that's why god exists. As it seems science continuosly and eventually gives logical reason to why and how things happen. Just because some questions are still unexplainable, does not mean that there is no explaination or that there is something supernatural behind it. EX: Greek and Roman Mythology.
5. Why does there have to be a god? Just because we as humans can't quite comprehend something does not mean that there has to be a god behind events. I know this is redundant, but "Why does there have to be a god."
6. If the chance that we are here is 1:1,000,000,000,000(1 in a trillion) and there are more than 1,000,000,000,000,000 planets, odds are very good that life will happen, and we will come into existence. There does not need to be any intelligence behind it just because we can't comprehend it.
7. No one had made any of these points yet so i felt the need to state them. Thank you.

1. Nice list, where did that come from? just one thread, you are a under acheiver eh pal??
2. The Bible doesn't have to be written by God, no one ever said it did, but many people who had contact with God, the apostles and others, wrote it for our bennefit, as a guide, or a road map to better understand God, which it worked for those, it was meant to work for, seems you got left at the train station again eh bud?
3. Well, in my opinion, *The Pope* is just throwing you heaterns a bone, just so you don't feel totally left out, I myself can't give the big bang theory any foot hold, its basically clinging to straws.
4. There will always be some unanswered questions, get used to it, but don't put hope in somethings that hopeless, is my advice.
5. There has to be a God, because you are being subjected to evil times, when you start to ask why does evil exsist, then the answer has to come to mind, why does God allow evil to exsist, and then when you start to learn about the Garden of Eden, you will discover why evil exsists, it is written of, by men who knew God, but the problem still remains, are you one of the chosen or called who can find the right path?
6. So your a gambling man, and want to place odds on Gods exsistance?
7. And the shear amount of some unknowable planet count has gotten the best of your reasoning capabilities, you sure thats the answer your ready to follow?
8. I see nothing concrete in your list, just questions, and confusion, but you are young, and should try and reflect, on where you stack up in creation, not where you think you stack up in evolution, the main reason why I would advise this is, is this, I'm offering you an eternal escape clause from the evils of this world, while evolutions offers you nothing but a grave, and a box, with emptyness and dispare, if you take what evolutions offering, its your choice, but taking what I offer is true, and awaits you, but if you decline it, then all the love God could of had prepared for you won't be there, after you leave this world.
9. This world is a place of confusion, if you fail to choose God, and go about doing what you're doing, living seperated of God, then by default, you end up following Satan, and Satan wants to sift your soul like grain, unfortunatley you won't like the outcome of what happenes to you, so think about it, its your choice, choose wisely.:cool:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Thank you for your sub par reply. I really appreciate how you criticize the way i present my info rather than the info itself. I also love how you try to knock my personal self down a notch by calling me young and a gambler, as if it diverts any credibility to the facts presented. I think its great that you try to rationalize the pope's decision because it doesn't coincide with your own. Just because I am good with numbers and odds does not mean I gamble (which i don't). It looks like, with the way things are going with science, my odds are better than yours. You should also stop trying to worry about "Good" and "Evil" and just try to be a good person yourself. I understand that a grave awaits me in the end. So I will do the best I can to be a good person to others, and make this life everything it can be, since it's the only one I get.

New Topics

Forum List

Back