The Pope accepts Big Bang Theory?

G.T.

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2009
God was behind Big Bang, universe no accident: Pope - Yahoo! News

So now he says that God was behind the Big Bang.

This is telling to me, in that he's by proxy dismissing Biblical timelines and also the Creation story. No?

Anyways, I though that it was pretty intriguing.

I will edit to add, for clarity, that this question does pre-suppose that you're one of those that believes the Bible actually has a time-line in regards to Creation.

Last edited:
God was behind Big Bang, universe no accident: Pope - Yahoo! News

So now he says that God was behind the Big Bang.

This is telling to me, in that he's by proxy dismissing Biblical timelines and also the Creation story. No?

Anyways, I though that it was pretty intriguing.

At least in my lifetime the RCC hasn't demanded belief in the literal meaning of Genesis. That has been left up to one's personal feelings. The RCC isn't real big word-for-word acceptance of everything written, therein. The church compiled the book and rather early realized there were problems. That's why you get kooks like Koresh et al. taking the book into the their own hands and drawing wierd conclusions. That's the major reasom IMO for a priesthood, i.e. someone trained in biblical interpretation who sift the wheat from the chaff.

I always thought that if the Bible was full of metaphorical anecdotes, then the Miracles of Jesus could have perhaps just been anecdotes and not true stories(Parable), and the actual existence of God, in General, could be the same.

Gen 1:1 In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.

Nothing here says that God did not create the universe using the big bang method. And who's to say that God did not create evolution as the method of creating mankind, animals and plants? The timeline for God is different than our timeline as is our ability to perceive Gods true power and abilites. We were made in his image just as we are making robots in our image. Yet robots do not have the emotional and intellect that we do.

Nothing here says that God did not create the universe using the big bang method. And who's to say that God did not create evolution as the method of creating mankind, animals and plants? The timeline for God is different than our timeline as is our ability to perceive Gods true power and abilites. We were made in his image just as we are making robots in our image. Yet robots do not have the emotional and intellect that we do.

The descriptions of how he created things, like weather, floods, etc. are all now known science (how they happen). How rain comes about, how droughts come about, etc. etc.

Also, his Adam and Eve story doesn't really jibe with Evolution.

It's nothing more than human arrogance to think that a human-like being created all this.

The descriptions of how he created things, like weather, floods, etc. are all now known science (how they happen). How rain comes about, how droughts come about, etc. etc.

Also, his Adam and Eve story doesn't really jibe with Evolution.

Question: Why has no evolutionary evidence been found to support mankinds evolutionry jump from chimps to human? We've found all kinds of skulls and skeletons but none that show a defintive evolution of mankind. It is all a theory. No skeletons or skulls showing the jump. Did it all happen like "Puff" there was mankind?

Gods time line and our time line are different.
Is it possible the age of the universe is Dependant on the observer ?
The]The Science of God - Dr. Gerald Schroeder Science of God - Dr. Gerald Schroeder

God would speak to his Human profits in a God time-line, I don't think so.

I don't think so, I think that Religion conveniently *shrugs* away any inconvenient discrepancies and explains them with other Mythologically-driven rhetoric.

fwiw, science sometimes does that also.

Sorry bout that,

1. I think the Pope is just throwing you all some crumbs.
2. I could be wrong, but I usually am not.
3. I'm going, *with not*.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sorry bout that,

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

An immature person would be "throwing you all some crumbs," a pius person speaks the truth as he knows it, or is supposed to anyways. We all know how Pius Radical Muslims and Pedofilic Christians can be.

They get CBS at the Vatican?

You know, it's weird. The Vatican is glorious and covered in all kinds of marvelous Gold and architecture.....you wouldn't think the Bible would uh.....nevermind.

Sorry bout that,

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

An immature person would be "throwing you all some crumbs," a pius person speaks the truth as he knows it, or is supposed to anyways. We all know how Pius Radical Muslims and Pedofilic Christians can be.

Do you believe that they're pedofiles because of christianity?

Sorry bout that,

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Do you believe that they're pedofiles because of christianity?

That has nothing to do with my point. My point was not that being Christian leads them to being pedofiles, at all.

Nah, Big Bang Theory is very popular in Germany. He thinks Sheldon is great, Penny is cute and worth a great deal of penance for thinking of her, and women like Amy make the priesthood tolerable.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cujdrWbc9k"]Shise sein paper[/ame]

Sorry bout that,

1. I think The Pope, is just reaching across the great devide with people of science.
2. Why not, throw them a bone? :eusa_hand:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Forum List

Back