"The "POOR" a profile : free cell phone, free rent, free food,

free internet, free health care!

YES the POOR are so down trodden!
Absolutely NO OTHER country offers these luxuries to the "POOR"!!!
a) Free Cell phone (my cell phone I PAY is about $100/month)
if the poor person receives just one of the below:
Food stamps * Medicaid * Section 8 * Supplemental Security Income * National School Lunch Program
THEY GET A FREE CELL PHONE PAID BY ME FROM TAX ON MY CELL PHONE!
b) 40 million Americans on food stamps get $200/month in free food.
c)FREE RENT...
about 2.1 million households (6 million) use Section 8 the Housing Choice Voucher program, pays a large portion of the rents and utilities of or the Housing Choice Voucher Program up to $1,000 /month in FREE housing...

So these people get
=== $ 5,666 in EIC cash,
=== $12,000 free housing ,
=== $ 2,400 free food,
=== $ 1,200 in free cell phone plus
=== $ 5,000 a year in free health care from Medicaid.
So this is about $26,000 a year in FREE MONEY, free goods and free services...

THE '"POOR"!!!

You should be thankful to live in a nation so prosperous and generous that it can indeed make life a little better for the poor.

Perhaps you didn't get the memo...

WE'RE BROKE.

Then stop spending money defending South Korea and Europe for free. Stop letting the defense lobby bleed us dry.

OR, let's see the GOP nominate a candidate who will end all 'poverty' programs, period. Let's see the GOP try to win that election.

They do pay, you idiot. They pay every other tax known to man other than Federal Income Tax....they even pay into that out of their miniscule paychecks and the government gets to collect interest on that money throughout the year until refund time.

You assholes turn a blind eye to all the other forms of taxation and focus on the ONE that they don't end up paying. Big fucking deal.... they get a break on that one because they are barely making it. No, you'd rather take the food out their kids' mouths and the clothing off their backs because YOU feel so entitled to pay less.

Selfishness....the Republican Mantra.

Hey fucknut, for the fucking umpteenth time the 47% number is referring to FEDERAL INCOME TAX.

How many times does it take to get that simple fact into your thick ovine skull?

Ovine? Is that cross between Oval and Cow-like?

Hey cumlips... for the umpteenth time... I WAS referring to FEDERAL INCOME TAX. It's the only tax that matters to your ilk....because it's the ONLY TAX THEY GET A BREAK ON... guess why? They're fuckin' broke! Without that tax break they'd be moreso.

The minimum tax rate in the US for 2012 is 10%. So for that poor single dude that's making $14k...that's $1400.... when you factor in the cost of rent, food, clothing etc....that $1400 means a hell of a lot. Same with the families trying to live on $22k.

IIRC, the 47th percentile of income is around $30k. For a Family of four, that's not much.

Why don't you grow a sack and question why so many people are that fucking broke in the richest country in the world? Why don't you question why so many people can't afford to live in their own country?

Why? because you're too fucking stupid. Ovine, my ass.

Too stupid to look up a word?

Ovine - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

of, relating to, or resembling sheep

Now wait just a gol-darn minute. I expect that I qualify as "poor".
I don't get any of those things. I have never gotten any of those things. I have never asked for any of those things nor do I want them. I consider myself very fortunate and certainly do not blame anyone for my lack of wealth. I take offense at the implication that I have not earned what I have worked for.

Nobody does. The OP should apologize for his stupidity.

You should eat your words. Here is a link to a free cell phone for people on welfare or food stamps LiveLeak.com - Got Food Stamps? Here's Your Free Cell Phone!

On the other hand, being loquacious doesn't make you intelligent either.

If someone throws a word out that I am not familiar with, I look it up.

At least I'm intelligent enough to do that.

I'm guessing you're busy looking up "loquacious" right now, since you couldn't actually give a response that was relevant to my comment. :lol:

On the other hand, being loquacious doesn't make you intelligent either.

If someone throws a word out that I am not familiar with, I look it up.

At least I'm intelligent enough to do that.

I'm guessing you're busy looking up "loquacious" right now, since you couldn't actually give a response that was relevant to my comment. :lol:

Didn't have to look up loquacious.

I was precocious as a child

Now wait just a gol-darn minute. I expect that I qualify as "poor".
I don't get any of those things. I have never gotten any of those things. I have never asked for any of those things nor do I want them. I consider myself very fortunate and certainly do not blame anyone for my lack of wealth. I take offense at the implication that I have not earned what I have worked for.

You should eat your words. Here is a link to a free cell phone for people on welfare or food stamps LiveLeak.com - Got Food Stamps? Here's Your Free Cell Phone!

What part of: "I have never gotten any of those things." are you having trouble understanding?

What part of: "I have never gotten any of those things." are you having trouble understanding?

Lovebear was responding to Sarah G....what part of the format of this forum are you having trouble understanding?

I was referring my post to Sarah G who says NO body gets those things:cuckoo:

Then you should have indicated what part of her post you were refrencing.

I was referring my post to Sarah G who says NO body gets those things:cuckoo:

Then you should have indicated what part of her post you were refrencing.

I put it in the quotes. The last person to respond is who I was referring too.. :cuckoo: That is how it usually works around here. IF I was referring to you. I would have found your post alone and just quoted your post.:eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back