"The "POOR" a profile : free cell phone, free rent, free food,

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
free internet, free health care!

YES the POOR are so down trodden!
Absolutely NO OTHER country offers these luxuries to the "POOR"!!!
a) Free Cell phone (my cell phone I PAY is about $100/month)
if the poor person receives just one of the below:
Food stamps * Medicaid * Section 8 * Supplemental Security Income * National School Lunch Program
THEY GET A FREE CELL PHONE PAID BY ME FROM TAX ON MY CELL PHONE!
b) 40 million Americans on food stamps get $200/month in free food.
c)FREE RENT...
about 2.1 million households (6 million) use Section 8 the Housing Choice Voucher program, pays a large portion of the rents and utilities of or the Housing Choice Voucher Program up to $1,000 /month in FREE housing...

So these people get
=== $ 5,666 in EIC cash,
=== $12,000 free housing ,
=== $ 2,400 free food,
=== $ 1,200 in free cell phone plus
=== $ 5,000 a year in free health care from Medicaid.
So this is about $26,000 a year in FREE MONEY, free goods and free services...

THE '"POOR"!!!

Last edited:
I guess this thread is part of the "Let Them Die" Republican policy. "Let them die" is only half of it. They have to starve first.

I guess this thread is part of the "Let Them Die" Republican policy. "Let them die" is only half of it. They have to starve first.

I was not aware you could eat a house,cell phone or a wifi connection.

Are they tasty?

Food stamps * Medicaid * Section 8 * Supplemental Security Income * National School Lunch Program
c)FREE RENT...
about 2.1 million households (6 million) use Section 8 the Housing Choice Voucher program, pays a large portion of the rents and utilities of or the Housing Choice Voucher Program up to $1,000 /month in FREE housing...

So these people get
=== $ 5,666 in EIC cash,
=== $ 2,400 free food,

THE '"POOR"!!!

Ridiculous, of course. That's a $6 phone, 250 minutes a month. No camera, etc etc etc. TO GET A JOB.
If you get food stamps, you have to look for a job and prove it. And $200 is the max.

Medicaid only for those making $0-800/ mo. or less, depending on state. When Obamacare starts sick people will get off Welfare and WORK- if there are any jobs.

If you don't like letting people survive a depression, don't vote for Pubs who start them...

Now wait just a gol-darn minute. I expect that I qualify as "poor".
I don't get any of those things. I have never gotten any of those things. I have never asked for any of those things nor do I want them. I consider myself very fortunate and certainly do not blame anyone for my lack of wealth. I take offense at the implication that I have not earned what I have worked for.

c)FREE RENT...

So these people get
=== $ 5,666 in EIC cash,
=== $ 2,400 free food,

THE '"POOR"!!!

Just looking at your estimate of the cell phone service, the poor and elderly may get a phone but it only allows you to call in emergencies. It is nowhere near the kind of service you get.

Seeing the false numbers you have worked up, I doubt that you have any clue at all about how the poor in America survive. It is not lucrative to be poor in America, it is not fun and it isn't a joyful way to get up and face the world everyday.

I hope you don't ever have a circumstance where you are broke and expecting handouts like this pack of lies you have posted. You will be in for a rude awakening.

Now wait just a gol-darn minute. I expect that I qualify as "poor".
I don't get any of those things. I have never gotten any of those things. I have never asked for any of those things nor do I want them. I consider myself very fortunate and certainly do not blame anyone for my lack of wealth. I take offense at the implication that I have not earned what I have worked for.

Nobody does. The OP should apologize for his stupidity.

We republicans couldn't care less about the worthless fucking poor that sits on your ass and expects the world to help them. Seriously, you either work and pull your own weight or starve! No one should have to pay for your worthless lazy fucking ass, ever. The rich are rich because they are intelligent and know how to save and invest every penny they EARN. They have every right to make MONEY...All these worthless leftist idea's do is drain the nation of its resources for worthless lazy bums.

Some of us Republicans would love to see a end of all this welfare, food stamps, section 8, ssi on down the list! No more free education either. If you give a damn about your child, you should get a fucking JOB and pay for that yourselfs. We're sick of seeing free shit(ssi, ssd, welfare, ect) being more then the defense budget. Where is the consitutional mandate?

If you're poor you better get a job or have a loving family. No one gives a damn about your worthless ass outside of that.

Limited government!!! CUT, CUT, CUT!

I'm voting for Newt Gingrich as he will end all this crap!

Last edited:

c)FREE RENT...

So these people get
=== $ 5,666 in EIC cash,
=== $ 2,400 free food,

THE '"POOR"!!!

Bitter, bitter, bitter. It's understandable when you see someone who is taking advantage of the system. That is totally understandable.

I won't pretend to understand how Medicaid works, as I've only had to be on it once....and that was when I was ill....for about 3 months. I couldn't get off it quickly enough, as it was mortifying to me. Not that there's any shame in needing help. I just have a difficult time asking others to help me. But $5,000/year in free healthcare? Can someone tell me...what happens when that 5k is spent? I was recently diagnosed with multiple sclerosis, and the diagnosis alone was over $10K. With the treatments, medications, and hospitalization since then, we're up to about $50k now. What do these people do if they get really ill and need treatment for a disease, such as I have? Medicare? I honestly don't know.

Working with the public, I've been into a LOT of housing projects. MOST of them are not a place you would want to live; I promise you. They usually have 3D wallpaper-in other words, they cohabitate with a large population of cockroaches. The areas are usually crime-ridden. It's not a plesant lifestyle.

You're not the only one paying taxes, so please...it's difficult to feel sympathy for you. Empathy, yes. But I pay more than my share of taxes, as do most of us in here.

Try something-sit down and talk to some of these people when you get a chance. Listen to their life stories. You will be shocked by most of them. Unfortunately, some simply cannot rise above it. It's much easier to be angry and bitter. So why not try harder. Try empathy. Listen to their stories, and find out how they ended up despondent.

We republicans couldn't care less about the worthless fucking poor that sits on your ass and expects the world to help them. Seriously, you either work and pull your own weight or starve! No one should have to pay for your worthless lazy fucking ass, ever. The rich are rich because they are intelligent and know how to save and invest every penny they EARN. They have every right to make MONEY...All these worthless leftist idea's do is drain the nation of its resources for worthless lazy bums.

Some of us Republicans would love to see a end of all this welfare, food stamps, section 8, ssi on down the list! No more free education either. If you give a damn about your child, you should get a fucking JOB and pay for that yourselfs. We're sick of seeing free shit(ssi, ssd, welfare, ect) being more then the defense budget. Where is the consitutional mandate?

If you're poor you better get a job or have a loving family. No one gives a damn about your worthless ass outside of that.

Is this a joke?

Is this a joke?

Nope,

If you want smaller government VOTE Republican. We will cut all this shit in 2013!

I was just remembering the time, oh....about 12 years ago, when I went on a housecall to a trailer park. These people were so poor, that they couldn't afford any kind of phone. The only means of communication they had, was a CB radio. They raised a trucker who called 911.

I will never forget that call. I literally cried afterward, as this was a single-wide trailer with two bedrooms...and these two IRRESPONSIBLE parents had six children, who were about 10 and under, living in that filthy dump. The home was filthy....the children were filthy. I mentioned it to the hospital staff, but never heard whether or not DCS got involved. So sad.

Forum List

Back