The Politics of Pregnancy.

Should the states decide on slavery, as in the past?
This abortion issue is at the basis of liberty.
Who has more claim to liberty: mother or fetus?
I'm not going to derail the thread by talking about slavery, but if you want to talk about that privately I'm all for it.

Who has more of a claim? That depends on the beliefs of local culture. In New York, the mother does. In Alabama, the fetus does.

End Roe v. Wade,
Let local culture decide what to do,
Case closed,
Move on to gun control.
I agree that politics and religion are related to culture.
However, my focus in this thread is on individual liberty.
If under a Muslim theocracy (or Christian or Jewish or other), the individualā€™s rights are restricted in favor of the culture.
I prefer the culture (local OR national) to have minimum impact on an individualā€™s freedom, as is more likely the case in the USA.
My definition of ā€œindividualā€ is one who is born, who is biologically independent.

"...Alabama passed the countryā€™s most restrictive abortion law. It bans abortion in all cases, including incest and rape, except if the motherā€™s life is in danger. Although the woman would not be penalised, the doctorā€™s role becomes a criminal offence, with a maximum penalty of 99 years in jail.

This is the latest in a wave of anti-abortion laws passed by state legislatures. Earlier this month Georgia passed a ā€œheartbeat billā€, making abortion illegal once the foetal heartbeat is detected. This effectively pushes back the time limit for an abortion to six weeks ā€“ when many women are still unaware that they are pregnant. Ohio and Mississippi have passed similar laws.

The heart of this bill is to confront a decision that was made by the courts in 1973 that said the baby in the womb is not a person," says Alabama Representative Terri Collins, the sponsor of the bill. "This bill addresses that one issue. Is that baby in the womb a person? I believe our law says it is. I believe our people say it is. And I believe technology shows it is."
BioEdge: Alabama passes most restrictive abortion law in US

IMG_580220190516040427.jpg

1.A perennial mistake that folks make is awarding an undeserved objectivity, trustworthiness and/or ability to make decisions for the entire public. Nowhere is this more evident that that awarded to politicians, economists, bureaucrats, and weathermen. But awarding same to those nominally known as ā€˜scientistsā€™ is surely a close second. Biases, preferences, politics and credit card debt all enter ā€˜scientistā€™sā€™ claims as do they any average citizen.

If all of the above named functionaries were as honest and reputable as claimed, abortion would not even be an issue: it would not be an option.

2.For context, it is a tenet of faith for every Liberal/Democrat/Progressive, that women have the right to exterminate the unique, separate, living human being that, under their own auspices, now absorbs nourishment in said womanā€™s body.

And, as we have learned in recent weeks, Democrat controlled legislative bodies have determined that not only is said murder a ā€˜right,ā€™ but should the baby actually be born, it can be set aside and be allowed, if they so consider, to pass away.

Savages cheered when the New York State government passed such a bill into law.

And another savage: ā€œā€˜It was the best decision I have ever madeā€™: Actress Jameela Jamil defends her abortion, criticizes bansā€
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...es-bans/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.e72235056612

And more: ā€œOprah Winfrey Promotes ā€œShout Your Abortionā€ Movement Where Women Brag About Their Abortionsā€
Oprah Winfrey Promotes ā€œShout Your Abortionā€ Movement Where Women Brag About Their Abortions | LifeNews.com

3. The questions that surround the issue are largely political, rather than scientific. Is it a living thing that is to be made non-living? Of course. "Development of the embryo begins at Stage 1 when a sperm fertilizes an oocyte and together they form a zygote."
[England, Marjorie A. Life Before Birth. 2nd ed. England: Mosby-Wolfe, 1996, p.31]

Is it a human being? I will no doubt be a Homo sapiensā€¦if you keep your hands off.

Is it part of the womanā€™s body? Nayā€¦.it has entirely different DNA, fingerprints, and, often, a different gender.

Letā€™s get to the lawā€¦..

Next.

ā€œNew Study Shows Link Between Sex, Pregnancy

June 7th, 2016

article-240.jpg

ANN ARBOR, MIā€”Researchers at the University of Michigan announced Tuesday that a comprehensive, decade-long study has discovered a strong correlation between sexual intercourse and pregnancy in womenā€”a groundbreaking conclusion that is sure to have far-reaching implications.

According to Dr. Michael Citino, who led the study, nearly every one of the tens of thousands of test subjects had engaged in sexual intercourse at least once in the several months immediately preceding pregnancy.

ā€œThe correlation is dramatic and astounding, and gives us fresh insight into how and why women become pregnant,ā€ Citino said at a press conference, noting also that the results of this study can be immediately beneficial for humankind, especially in the area of family planning.

ā€œFor instance, extrapolating the data would seem to indicate that for anyone who wishes to avoid becoming pregnant with a childā€”or impregnating someone elseā€”abstaining from sexual intercourse should, according to the study, be one very effective way to achieve that result.ā€

New Study Shows Link Between Sex, Pregnancy

If these people want fertilized eggs so badly, and fetuses, why don't they just come take them? This will relieve the women who have them, but don't want them, and satisfy those who want them.

If these people want fertilized eggs so badly, and fetuses, why don't they just come take them? This will relieve the women who have them, but don't want them, and satisfy those who want them.

What is amusing is the idea that you re-read your post....and still imagined (I almost said 'thought') it made sense.

Should the states decide on slavery, as in the past?
This abortion issue is at the basis of liberty.
Who has more claim to liberty: mother or fetus?
I'm not going to derail the thread by talking about slavery, but if you want to talk about that privately I'm all for it.

Who has more of a claim? That depends on the beliefs of local culture. In New York, the mother does. In Alabama, the fetus does.

End Roe v. Wade,
Let local culture decide what to do,
Case closed,
Move on to gun control.
I agree that politics and religion are related to culture.
However, my focus in this thread is on individual liberty.
If under a Muslim theocracy (or Christian or Jewish or other), the individualā€™s rights are restricted in favor of the culture.
I prefer the culture (local OR national) to have minimum impact on an individualā€™s freedom, as is more likely the case in the USA.
My definition of ā€œindividualā€ is one who is born, who is biologically independent.

Theocracy???

It appears you have imagined your bete noire into a reality.....

Hopefully, your physician can find the right sort of medication for you.

Best of luck.

1.A perennial mistake that folks make is awarding an undeserved objectivity, trustworthiness and/or ability to make decisions for the entire public. Nowhere is this more evident that that awarded to politicians, economists, bureaucrats, and weathermen. But awarding same to those nominally known as ā€˜scientistsā€™ is surely a close second. Biases, preferences, politics and credit card debt all enter ā€˜scientistā€™sā€™ claims as do they any average citizen.

If all of the above named functionaries were as honest and reputable as claimed, abortion would not even be an issue: it would not be an option.

2.For context, it is a tenet of faith for every Liberal/Democrat/Progressive, that women have the right to exterminate the unique, separate, living human being that, under their own auspices, now absorbs nourishment in said womanā€™s body.

And, as we have learned in recent weeks, Democrat controlled legislative bodies have determined that not only is said murder a ā€˜right,ā€™ but should the baby actually be born, it can be set aside and be allowed, if they so consider, to pass away.

And another savage: ā€œā€˜It was the best decision I have ever madeā€™: Actress Jameela Jamil defends her abortion, criticizes bansā€
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...es-bans/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.e72235056612

And more: ā€œOprah Winfrey Promotes ā€œShout Your Abortionā€ Movement Where Women Brag About Their Abortionsā€
Oprah Winfrey Promotes ā€œShout Your Abortionā€ Movement Where Women Brag About Their Abortions | LifeNews.com

3. The questions that surround the issue are largely political, rather than scientific. Is it a living thing that is to be made non-living? Of course. "Development of the embryo begins at Stage 1 when a sperm fertilizes an oocyte and together they form a zygote."
[England, Marjorie A. Life Before Birth. 2nd ed. England: Mosby-Wolfe, 1996, p.31]

Is it a human being? I will no doubt be a Homo sapiensā€¦if you keep your hands off.

Is it part of the womanā€™s body? Nayā€¦.it has entirely different DNA, fingerprints, and, often, a different gender.

Next.

The Republican Party wants to strip women of their Constitutional right to the security of their own body, and the freedom to decide when to have a baby.

To do so, they are prepared to give MORE rights to a developing fetus, than the child will have AFTER itā€™s born.

Next.
Well if it is not part of her body it does not belong in her body.

Next.

The Republican Party wants to strip women of their Constitutional right to the security of their own body, and the freedom to decide when to have a baby.

To do so, they are prepared to give MORE rights to a developing fetus, than the child will have AFTER itā€™s born.

"The Republican Party wants to strip women of their Constitutional right to the security of their own body,...."

Are you saying that the separate, unique, distinct human being that the mother is temporarily nourishing is 'her body'???

Work the idea through that 'easy bake oven' of your mind before you try to answer.

Next.
Well if it is not part of her body it does not belong in her body.

And you became God......when?

Even a dunce like you knows that the separate, distinct, unique human being that she is temporarily nourishing is not 'her body.'

should the baby actually be born, it can be set aside and be allowed, if they so consider, to pass away.

You are of course dishonestly talking about terminally ill babies.

You might have mentioned that of you were being honest...but you're not even trying

Anti-abortion zealots rarely are honest

Next.

This simple question...

Are you saying that the separate, unique, distinct human being that the mother is temporarily nourishing is 'her body'???

....sure put a cork in your pie-hole, huh?

Silence becomes you.

Next.

This simple question...

Silence becomes you.

The fetus is NOT a human being. Until the fetus becomes a fully developed human being capable of living outside of its mothers' womb, it is a part of her body, and as such, the decision as to whether the pregnancy continues and the fetus becomes a fully developed human being, it her choice to make. The state has no compelling interest in her child. It will not support her or her child, so the decision to bring this life into the world is hers and hers alone.

If you disagree, don't have an abortion. The rest of it is none of your business. To state otherwise, is to deny women the right that God them when He created miscarriage and the means to induce it.

Again the party which claims freedom of religion and personal responsibility, will gladly strip women of both.

Yet the child can't survive out of the womb until labor is triggered and then the child has to be taken care of to survive. You people are trying to claim there is no need for support during development..

Non-sequitur

Guess you have never heard of a cesarean section.
Children can survive outside the womb without traditional labor and many do.

And likewise, if you were left isolated without the ability or knowledge to feed yourself you would die too.
You're not that different from the unborn child given the same conditions.

No one is making false claims except you.

The United States has highest rate of infant mortality and the highest rate of maternal death in the First World. These are living breathing babies, and women, who are loved and wanted, and who die because of lack of resources for these very real people who are suffering. Why are you posting thread after thread decrying the deaths of babies who never were, while being stone cold silent on the very real deaths of these cherished children and their mother?

Next.

This simple question...

Silence becomes you.

The fetus is NOT a human being. Until the fetus becomes a fully developed human being capable of living outside of its mothers' womb, it is a part of her body, and as such, the decision as to whether the pregnancy continues and the fetus becomes a fully developed human being, it her choice to make. The state has no compelling interest in her child. It will not support her or her child, so the decision to bring this life into the world is hers and hers alone.

If you disagree, don't have an abortion. The rest of it is none of your business. To state otherwise, is to deny women the right that God them when He created miscarriage and the means to induce it.

Again the party which claims freedom of religion and personal responsibility, will gladly strip women of both.

Actually, it is you who is not a human being.

I prefer to think of human beings as aware, sentient, and educated.

Here....let's prove that you are none of these things:

Are these accurate quotes of yours?

ā€œIt's not a child, and it's not alive. To refer to a zygote or a fetusā€¦.ā€

Pro-abortion? Why?

ā€œā€¦pretend that those who are not yet living, are alive and have rights.ā€

"My Body, My Choice": The Worst Abortion Talking Points

ā€œā€¦a zygote is not a human being.ā€

ā€œ It's not a "human being", until it's sentient, aware, and able to breathe on its own. ā€œ

Which should have first priority: The woman, the fertilized egg, or the fetus?

Seriously consider changing your avi to ā€˜DeadLizard.ā€™

The United States has highest rate of infant mortality and the highest rate of maternal death in the First World. These are living breathing babies, and women, who are loved and wanted, and who die because of lack of resources for these very real people who are suffering. Why are you posting thread after thread decrying the deaths of babies who never were, while being stone cold silent on the very real deaths of these cherished children and their mother?

They are human beings, and you wish to excuse their execution....in fact, encourage it.

Do you prefer 'good day,' or would you rather stick to the more appropriate Sieg Heil?

The idiocy the right.

When you see something YOU donā€™t like, like abortion, things that have NO impact on your life whatsoever, you want to pass laws to ban it and suddenly the party which says universal health care is too much government, is building a whole huge bureaucracy to police whether women who have miscarriages actually induced an abortion. They even want to pursue women who travel to jurisdictions where abortion is legal, and prosecute them.

Tell us again about how this is all about innocent lives. Especially when women start abandoning their genetically damaged offspring that require 24 hour care off for the state to care for at the rate of $100,000 a year of more for basic medical needs.

They are human beings, and you wish to excuse their execution....in fact, encourage it.

Do you prefer 'good day,' or would you rather stick to the more appropriate Sieg Heil?

You can stamp your little foot and scream till the cows come home but these are not human beings these are developing fetus. You keep trying to humanize the previable pregnancy in an effort to make terminating the pregnancy seem evil. Itā€™s not.

What is the evil is what happens to women and jurisdictions where abortion has been banned. As the old chat goes ā€œcampaign life your nameā€™s a lie, you donā€™t care if women dieā€.

When you start caring about maternal death and infant mortality rates, Iā€™ll start believing you give a shit about babies. Until youā€™re just some lying bitch who is trying to use the abortion debate to achieve government control of womenā€™s lives.

And in the meantime Trump is still killing children on the border.

The idiocy the right.

When you see something YOU donā€™t like, like abortion, things that have NO impact on your life whatsoever, you want to pass laws to ban it and suddenly the party which says universal health care is too much government, is building a whole huge bureaucracy to police whether women who have miscarriages actually induced an abortion. They even want to pursue women who travel to jurisdictions where abortion is legal, and prosecute them.

Tell us again about how this is all about innocent lives. Especially when women start abandoning their genetically damaged offspring that require 24 hour care off for the state to care for at the rate of $100,000 a year of more for basic medical needs.

So you admit that these are your quotes???

Are these accurate quotes of yours?

ā€œIt's not a child, and it's not alive. To refer to a zygote or a fetusā€¦.ā€

Pro-abortion? Why?

ā€œā€¦pretend that those who are not yet living, are alive and have rights.ā€

ā€œā€¦a zygote is not a human being.ā€

ā€œ It's not a "human being", until it's sentient, aware, and able to breathe on its own. ā€œ

Which should have first priority: The woman, the fertilized egg, or the fetus?

ā€œThe fetus is NOT a human being. ā€œ

The Politics of Pregnancy.

Therefore you are admitting that you are the idiot, as science finds each and every one of them the mark of an idiot.

From the instant the male and female DNA strands unite, a new and distinct human being has been created.
Insane homicidal maniacs.....Liberals/Democrats.....demand the right to execute that innocent defenseless human.

Go wash the blood off your paws.

Forum List

Back