The politics of net racism

I'm researching and writing a story (I'm a journo, btw) about racism on the internet, and would like some comments from users and moderators about racism.

Firstly, how much racism have you noticed on this board, and do you find it disturbing?

Secondly, is it part of any kind of trend?

Lastly, why do people seem to be more racist online than offline?

Thanks!

We have a few racists on this board, at least 2 white Supremacists, a Couple black guys that hate whites, a few anti semites as well.

Most of them are smart enough to get their message across but dumb enough to not be able to hide the absolute hate they have for their subject.

No trend here that I see.

As to why more racist on the Internet? Because you can be anonymous and not face ridicule anywhere but on a faceless, nameless board.

:clap2: For actually answering his question, and for pretty much being spot on.
I would POS rep you, but I have been maxed out for awhile.

It might be the biggest topic, but it is not the most important issue regarding racism.

No, I don't think so either - it is one thing that is happening in one country at one time - I'm more interested in trends and patterns.

I've got a lot of good answers to my questions on other forums, hopefully here too.

Si Modo -

PLEASE stop spamming the thread. Really.
whine-1.jpg

You are a hack at research.

It might be the biggest topic, but it is not the most important issue regarding racism.

No, I don't think so either - it is one thing that is happening in one country at one time - I'm more interested in trends and patterns.

I've got a lot of good answers to my questions on other forums, hopefully here too.

Si Modo -

PLEASE stop spamming the thread. Really.

I don't think there is any trend or pattern to racism.
I think the only pattern these days, is people hide their racism a lot better.

We have a few racists on this board, at least 2 white Supremacists, a Couple black guys that hate whites, a few anti semites as well.

Most of them are smart enough to get their message across but dumb enough to not be able to hide the absolute hate they have for their subject.

No trend here that I see.

As to why more racist on the Internet? Because you can be anonymous and not face ridicule anywhere but on a faceless, nameless board.

Thanks for the answers, Sgt! I totally agree about being dumn enough not to hide the hate - that's very well put.

Well...that's that, then. Folks on the net are more likely to be racist because they aren't being racist in person, so it's safer for them to do so.

What a fucking revelation!!!

Last edited:
I'm researching and writing a story (I'm a journo, btw) about racism on the internet, and would like some comments from users and moderators about racism.

Firstly, how much racism have you noticed on this board, and do you find it disturbing?

Secondly, is it part of any kind of trend?

Lastly, why do people seem to be more racist online than offline?

Thanks!

Because the biggest racist on the net wont go up to a black guy and call him a name. Simple really.

Because the biggest racist on the net wont go up to a black guy and call him a name. Simple really.

I agree - but let's take it a little further - should we be worried about this?

Do you think we will see more extremists and racists becoming active and gaining confidence because of the support they find on the net?

I agree - but let's take it a little further - should we be worried about this?

Do you think we will see more extremists and racists becoming active and gaining confidence because of the support they find on the net?
76e5c03b96de79747129eeea3447aed3.jpg

Yeah in 2012 will see more of this i'm sure

I know how you feel Ms. California, I was labeled a racist for not wanting to sleep with the Rev Al Sharpton.

Last edited:
I offered to suck it up and do Oprah as a substitute but Spike Lee had already written the script.

This place is overrun with overt racists.

I don't say that as an insult because they are proud of it.

I strongly disagree with the Obamacare bill. I think Obama is a disaster in foreign relations and on Defense. I think Obama is growing an already huge and inefficient government into a huger and more inefficient government. I must be a racist.
Interesting. Questions asked about racism and you immediately bring up Obama. :eusa_eh:

New Topics

Forum List

Back