The Politics of..." Ka CHiNG"

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2009
:eusa_eh:

One mans political bribe, payoff, kickback, taxpayer extortion, special interest favor is another mans way of thinking....

No problem, that is how the political system should work, that's how votes are acquired and legislation gets past.

It all depends on which side of the fence your on... I suppose??

$ 1 2 , 3 0 6 , 4 7 3 , 7 2 9 , 2 9 3 . 2 8 ........ National Debt 7:30 pm 1/7/2010

We're getting screwed folks...:mad:

One mans political bribe, payoff, kickback, taxpayer extortion, special interest favor is another mans way of thinking....

No problem, that is how the political system should work, that's how votes are acquired and legislation gets past.

$ 1 2 , 3 0 6 , 4 7 3 , 7 2 9 , 2 9 3 . 2 8 ........ National Debt 7:30 pm 1/7/2010

Is it the way it should be? No.

Is it the way it is, and always has been? Yes.

Deal with it, this is reality. The most ridiculous claims I hear from the right are the extreme level of faux outrage about "the most corrupt administration ever". Every administration since the birth of this country has been corrupt, has done pay-to-play politics.

Historians give the title of "Most corrupt administration" to Ulysses S. Grant.

Deal with it, this is reality. The most ridiculous claims I hear from the right are the extreme level of faux outrage about "the most corrupt administration ever". Every administration since the birth of this country has been corrupt, has done pay-to-play politics.

You seem a tad edgy there Doc.. You'll notice I didn't name names...:eusa_angel:

I think term limits could go a long way in reducing some of the corruption. What other profession allows people to stay in positions of power into their 90's? I believe that in the beginning, there were term limits and it wasn't a full time job. Most reps had real jobs in the real world.

I think term limits could go a long way in reducing some of the corruption. What other profession allows people to stay in positions of power into their 90's? I believe that in the beginning, there were term limits and it wasn't a full time job. Most reps had real jobs in the real world.

Maybe teabaggers & 2 X 4 ers might help...

You mean good ol' regular Americans whom liberals look down on? I have to credit Obama for bringing out people who never paid much attention to politics before. Eventually, some of them will decide to run, now that we've gone so far left. The pendulum has already started to swing back. And quickly.

Before the '08 election, I predicted that Obama would be our generation's Jimmy Carter. I just never thought it would happen so fast.

You mean good ol' regular Americans whom liberals look down on? I have to credit Obama for bringing out people who never paid much attention to politics before. Eventually, some of them will decide to run, now that we've gone so far left. The pendulum has already started to swing back. And quickly.

Before the '08 election, I predicted that Obama would be our generation's Jimmy Carter. I just never thought it would happen so fast.

I started last year with an open mind, I hoped for success, I was wrong..wrong..wrong.

you didnt start last year with an open mind.....dont lie to us....and both sides drink deeply from the pork barrell...i forget the new name for pork....that is what i love the semantics of politics

It is not for you, or anyone else, to decide what is or is not 'faux' outrage.

What really depresses me is that whichever 'side' is 'in', justifies the continuing fraud by saying that it has always been this way. Why is it acceptable when it is your 'side' in power?

Is it not time that we demanded that this behavior stops?

Yup.

By BOTH parties.

Term limits would nopt be nearly as effective as changing the way we finance campaigns and severely limiting the amount of money any person or group could contribute to either party or person.

We live in a corrupt nation because the Supreme Court decided that MONEY= FREE SPEECH.

Hence it is now impossible to clean up politics.

We are no less a BANANA REPUBLIC that any third world nation that we've learned to mock as corrupt.

We live in the BANANAMERICAN REPUBLIC, citizens.

you didnt start last year with an open mind.....dont lie to us....and both sides drink deeply from the pork barrell...i forget the new name for pork....that is what i love the semantics of politics

With every new President and Congress I believe, me included, that most people are willing to give them a shot that they'll live up to the campaign promises, alas every time it's ends up rhetoric and we're duped again.

Your damn right that both sides drink deeply from the pork barrel and now all where left with is who drinks the deepest. It just simply sucks for all of us. Starting late in 08 until now it's obvious that Government is going out of their way to waste money, payoff special interests, bail out losers, promote policies that the majority of people don't want, screw up our children's future, take more control for government. There doing it and mashing it right in our faces worse than I can ever remember.

The people need a solution to this crap..

Term limits would nopt be nearly as effective as changing the way we finance campaigns and severely limiting the amount of money any person or group could contribute to either party or person.

We live in a corrupt nation because the Supreme Court decided that MONEY= FREE SPEECH.

Hence it is now impossible to clean up politics.

We are no less a BANANA REPUBLIC that any third world nation that we've learned to mock as corrupt.

We live in the BANANAMERICAN REPUBLIC, citizens.

I agree with all you say and I'm fairly certain that you would agree there's a hell of allot more going wrong.

We need term limits the same way we need Food Expiration dates. People left in government too long, spoil, go rotten and become dangerous. They are not Twinkies, they're fresh produce, and if you don't have a stockboy called 'the law' coming along, pulling bad merchandise, you're going to hurt people.

Not only do we need positional term limits, we need TOTAL time in government limits to cover elected officials AND bureaucrats. There are too many career political appointees and bureaucrats who have been in the machine so long, they believe they are entitled to a life insulated from being... a 'commoner'. This needs to be destroyed as well.

Lastly, you need a barricade for politicians in becoming lobbyists or members of the media for a short period of time. Say 4-8 years in which they can't work for any firm contracting or lobbying with the government, OR a media company. This will go a long way to prevent payola type corruption of "well when you get out of office, we'll take care of you."

These are things that need to be done to clean up our political system. It won't be till we have a political revolution and can draft the U.S. Constitution 1.1, but I can dream till then.

We need term limits the same way we need Food Expiration dates. People left in government too long, spoil, go rotten and become dangerous. They are not Twinkies, they're fresh produce, and if you don't have a stockboy called 'the law' coming along, pulling bad merchandise, you're going to hurt people.

Not only do we need positional term limits, we need TOTAL time in government limits to cover elected officials AND bureaucrats. There are too many career political appointees and bureaucrats who have been in the machine so long, they believe they are entitled to a life insulated from being... a 'commoner'. This needs to be destroyed as well.

Lastly, you need a barricade for politicians in becoming lobbyists or members of the media for a short period of time. Say 4-8 years in which they can't work for any firm contracting or lobbying with the government, OR a media company. This will go a long way to prevent payola type corruption of "well when you get out of office, we'll take care of you."

These are things that need to be done to clean up our political system. It won't be till we have a political revolution and can draft the U.S. Constitution 1.1, but I can dream till then.

You ever get the feeling that the Government is completely out of our hands and we're just kidding ourselves?

You ever get the feeling that the Government is completely out of our hands and we're just kidding ourselves?
Not yet...

... but it's their goal. Neo-Feudalism... on the march.

What really depresses me is that whichever 'side' is 'in', justifies the continuing fraud by saying that it has always been this way. Why is it acceptable when it is your 'side' in power?

People did in the last election, they went with the guy who promised it would stop.

He lied.

People did in the last election, they went with the guy who promised it would stop.

He lied.

I didn't think it was possible but he's making Bill Clinton look like your average piker.

Forum List

Back