The Politics Of Forced Multilingual "Training"

TruthSeeker56

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2011
New Hampshire
This topic belongs under the "Politics" banner, because that's all this is............POLITICS and POLITICAL CORRECTNESS.

Why is it that 200 of my 700 cable channels are reserved for Spanish-speaking people?

Did Time-Warner and Comcast lose track of what COUNTRY they are servicing with their cable TV products?

This is the United States Of America. The overwhelming majority of LEGAL citizens of this country speak ENGLISH as their "main" language..........not Spanish, not French and not any other language.

I find it OFFENSIVE that when I "channel surf" on my TV, I have to sift through 200+ Spanish-language or French-language channels.

Call me "old-fashioned", but if you LIVE in the United States, either LEARN TO SPEAK ENGLISH, or accept the indignities of being limited in your abilities to communicate with the overwhelming majority of American citizens.

If somebody wants to speak Spanish, French, Russian, Portugese, Italian, German, etc. in their everyday life, then MOVE TO THE COUNTRY WHERE THEY SPEAK YOUR LANGUAGE!

OK, bring it on. I'm waiting for the bedwetting leftists to call me a "bigot", a "racist", "intolerant", "diverse-challenged", and all of their other usual blather. You are confusing me with somebody who CARES about what you think.

Last edited:
Have you talked about this with the people who bust into your home and force you to watch those Spanish-language channels?

why, cause there is a demographic market in the US for businesses to make money providing them with a product they will watch. Duh!

This topic belongs under the "Politics" banner, because that's all this is............POLITICS and POLITICAL CORRECTNESS.

Why is it that 200 of my 700 cable channels are reserved for Spanish-speaking people?

Did Time-Warner and Comcast lose track of what COUNTRY they are servicing with their cable TV products?

This is the United States Of America. The overwhelming majority of LEGAL citizens of this country speak ENGLISH as their "main" language..........not Spanish, not French and not any other language.

I find it OFFENSIVE that when I "channel surf" on my TV, I have to sift through 200+ Spanish-language or French-language channels.

Call me "old-fashioned", but if you LIVE in the United States, either LEARN TO SPEAK ENGLISH, or accept the indignities of being limited in your abilities to communicate with the overwhelming majority of American citizens.

If somebody wants to speak Spanish, French, Russian, Portugese, Italian, German, etc. in their everyday life, then MOVE TO THE COUNTRY WHERE THEY SPEAK YOUR LANGUAGE!

OK, bring it on. I'm waiting for the bedwetting leftists to call me a "bigot", a "racist", "intolerant", "diverse-challenged", and all of their other usual blather. You are confusing me with somebody who CARES about what you think.

Because cable channels are bundled that's why. It is so that poorly performing channels will be able to stay on the air and serve limited markets.

Why do you hate the free market?

Why do you hate assimilation?

Why do you believe that this country should bend over for people who refuse to learn the English language, and insist on the rest of us accommodating THEM?

What does that have to do with there being Spanish-language channels on your TV?

200 Spanish-language channels, PLUS several French-language channels (due to the fact that we live in the northeast)? I wonder what percentage of homes in Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine have SPANISH as their primary language. Is the percentage high enough to warrant 200+ Spanish-speaking cable channels?

Since Comcast and Time-Warner are both operated by huge Barack Obama supporters, and we all know that Obama is more enamored with his conversion to gay marriage than he is about border security...............makes me wonder.

I have to wonder if the cable companies in Mexico offer 200+ ENGLISH-speaking channels (assuming that Mexico has cable yet).

Maybe most Mexico residents still use rabbit ears because they can't afford cable, because they lost their illegal jobs in the USA. I don't know how "advanced" Mexico is on this sort of technology.

Maybe the drug cartels control the cable companies in Mexico, and those thousands of dead bodies scattered on their highways are people who didn't pay their cable bills on time? Who knows?

Know what you should do? Not watch those channels. That'll show 'em.

Thing is, cable companies pay for channels they offer and the cost is passed on to all their subscribers. Your monthly fee includes those channels you don't watch. So, this is a legitimate gripe because it raises costs for all who want cable. I also agree that most legal immigrants learn English. This is pandering to illegals and the cable company figures that since they are here, thanks to a government that encourages breaking immigration laws, they might as well profit.

Of course, normally the left would not like a company making money off illegals, but it's okay when it's making them more comfortable living here illegally. We also pay for all government services, including welfare. Not to mention the recordings where you click 1 for English, 2 for Spanish and now 3 for Arabic. The government also has all their publications in other languages. Got to make sure those here illegally have no trouble accessing the welfare system or anything else they desire.

It's all about the mindset and the general acceptance of our immigration laws being trampled. Cable companies will make more money and the tax payers will spend more money to offer government services. It does not help the citizens any, but then we are not on the priority list these days.

The notion that only illegal aliens watch programming in their first language is pretty stupid. Someone who has learned English very well will still enjoy watching programs in their first language. If the providers have a market for it then they will offer it.

• Thanks
Reactions: del

Why are conservatives so easily offended?

Why the conservative propensity to whine about irrelevant non-issues?

It would lead one to believe conservatives harbor some animus towards speakers of another language. The United States is a multi-cultural, multi-lingual Nation.

Is it the diversity as a conservative you despise? Or is it the lack of conformity that offends your conservative sensibilities?

And once again we have yet another example of the cult of conservative ‘victimhood.’

Why do you hate the free market?

Why do you hate assimilation?

Why do you believe that this country should bend over for people who refuse to learn the English language, and insist on the rest of us accommodating THEM?
That's funny.The Nicaraguans don't mind watching murkin TV with subtitles.
The Costa Rican's don't get upset when they have to choose English/Spanish when contacting hotels, restaurants, national parks, thrill events, fishing charters, airlines and large chain stores.
Venezuelans don't get upset when having to choose Portuguese or Spanish(or sometimes Ingles in Caracas).
Canadians don't get upset when French shows up on the Idiot box.

You already bent over. You're dumb enough to pay for TV:badgrin: :cuckoo:.

Forum List

Back