The politics of division can't last

Wrong. Liberalism has always been classically about the individual, progressive Statism most certainly isn't.
Liberalism is about trying to find a balance between the needs of the individual and those of the state required to protect them. They both pose a threat to each other. The game is - balance, and you people suck at that.
Wrong. "Liberalism" is no longer "classic liberalism, which would be a libertarian today. Libs today are leftists, and as such are totalitarian power freaks. The want the state to control every aspect of our lives. The "needs" of the individual are not up to people like you, you make my point.

The state's function is to serve the people, not make sure it's employees needs are taken care of. You're government drone, I'm sure of it now.

The State grants and protects rights. It can also abuse them. See liberalism.
Another smidgen of honesty. The Declaration of Independence and the Constitution make it clear that rights are not the government's to grant. They work for us. We the people. Liberalism very much operates from the standpoint of granting rights here and there as the state dictates.

Your rights are amendments, to the founding document of the nation AKA, the State.

And that is your issue, you see State first, people second.

b7670e41-a66e-4115-8ee5-05b3576fd82f.jpg

I don't think this is fair. several of us are trying to make valid points with Righty, and he's/she's/it's trying to respond with standard progressive trope.

Ah, no.

I don't think this is fair. several of us are trying to make valid points with Righty, and he's/she's/it's trying to respond with standard progressive trope.
It's just my general take on contemporary American political discourse.

Everyone is screaming and attacking, no one is listening.

Noted, but even by this board's standards, this thread isn't at the screaming level.

I mean, it will reach it, but not yet.

Classical Liberalism, not the current Progressive Statism that masquerades under the title of "Liberal"
Liberalism is liberalism. Who you people call liberals - aren't.

Wrong. Liberalism has always been classically about the individual, progressive Statism most certainly isn't.
Liberalism is about trying to find a balance between the needs of the individual and those of the state required to protect them. They both pose a threat to each other. The game is - balance, and you people suck at that.
Wrong. "Liberalism" is no longer "classic liberalism, which would be a libertarian today. Libs today are leftists, and as such are totalitarian power freaks. The want the state to control every aspect of our lives. The "needs" of the individual are not up to people like you, you make my point.

The state's function is to serve the people, not make sure it's employees needs are taken care of. You're government drone, I'm sure of it now.

Our rights are granted by God. Not government

Another smidgen of honesty. The Declaration of Independence and the Constitution make it clear that rights are not the government's to grant. They work for us. We the people. Liberalism very much operates from the standpoint of granting rights here and there as the state dictates.

Your rights are amendments, to the founding document of the nation AKA, the State.
Wrong. The constitution limits government, not the people.

Except with regards to owning slaves and transporting booze into localities that ban it.

A technical quibble, I know, something that will go over the head of RightyTighty.

Except with regards to owning slaves and transporting booze into localities that ban it.

A technical quibble, I know, something that will go over the head of RightyTighty.
Slavery, segregation, illegal interracial marriage, prohibition, etc. were legal due to government overreach.

I see what all liberals see, the problem of how to both have rights and the protection of said rights from others and the State. Balance is the key.

I see what all liberals see, the problem of how to both have rights and the protection of said rights from others and the State. Balance is the key.

Stop calling yourself a liberal.

And you are not about balance, you are about getting your way, from now on, forever.

Bake that cake, peasant
Ignore that dude in the ladies room, or else
Keep your religion behind closed doors, or else
Feel bad about yourself if you aren't a "protected" class
Call that guy/girl by their preferred pronoun, or else

There is no way this country can survive the undermining by liberals. To take Trump down, they are quite happy to take everything down and there is really no way internal rot can be overcome.

I learned a valuable lesson when I was in high school. In an effort to improve my behavior, if not my disposition, the school had a plan to put me on a team. Once I had team spirit and worked with other team mates, there would be a turn around. I would finally cooperate. What I learned was that the entire team, working together, as hard as they could, could not overcome my sabotage. They could play magnificently, better than they ever did, and still could not overcome what I was doing. One person. That's all it took. One person.

There are hundreds of democrats working to destroy this country, to sabotage it, to undermine it, in every way possible. There is no way out. Even if Trump were to disappear today and a democrat miraculously take his place, the rot in the foundation would remain.

This nation has always been divided and always will be. Let's look at all the ways it is divided 1) race 2) religion 3) nationality 4) socioeconomic class 5) sex 6) location 7) political stance

these are just a few.....and the diviion within these is going to grow. that's reality. We never really have been United in a sense and the division chasm shall continue to grow as political stances become more polarized and the class divisions become farther apart. No president is going to fix it. It's simply the way this nation works. it's a division type of nation.

Forum List

Back