The Politicians don't get it about illegal aliens

No good at film posting but lets try this.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5hvuT_iEbU&feature=related]YouTube - Gibbs Lied,Backdoor Amnesty To Bypass Congress[/ame]

Policy shift may allow some illegal immigrants to stay - Yahoo! News

We appeased them in 1986 when we had maybe 3 million, now we have 10 to 20 million and they plan to appease them again.

And they plan to do it illegally by ignoring the law.

I would be in favor of Amnesty if it did not include Free Citizenship. I want them to get a green card and get in line. Not get instant citizenship after years of Thwarting our Laws.

But try and do anything with out Fully and completely securing the Southern Border which is literally bleeding illegals into this country, and I will never support it.

That would be like putting up a sign that says come on in and get in on the next Amnesty.

Completely unacceptable

Policy shift may allow some illegal immigrants to stay - Yahoo! News

We appeased them in 1986 when we had maybe 3 million, now we have 10 to 20 million and they plan to appease them again.

And they plan to do it illegally by ignoring the law.

I would be in favor of Amnesty if it did not include Free Citizenship. I want them to get a green card and get in line. Not get instant citizenship after years of Thwarting our Laws.

But try and do anything with out Fully and completely securing the Southern Border which is literally bleeding illegals into this country, and I will never support it.

That would be like putting up a sign that says come on in and get in on the next Amnesty.

Completely unacceptable

Why do you think that those that are here illegally should be able to get a green card ahead of those that have applied and are waiting in their home countries? How does that promote law and order?

WHAT IS INSANITY?

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Congress has passed 7 amnesties for illegal aliens, starting in 1986.

1. Immigration and Reform Control Act (IRCA), 1986: A blanket amnesty for some 2.7 million illegal aliens
2. Section 245(i) Amnesty, 1994: A temporary rolling amnesty for 578,000 illegal aliens
3. Section 245(i) Extension Amnesty, 1997: An extension of the rolling amnesty created in 1994
4. Nicaraguan Adjustment and Central American Relief Act (NACARA) Amnesty, 1997: An amnesty for close to one million illegal aliens from Central America
5. Haitian Refugee Immigration Fairness Act Amnesty (HRIFA), 1998: An amnesty for 125,000 illegal aliens from Haiti
6. Late Amnesty, 2000: An amnesty for some illegal aliens who claim they should have been amnestied under the 1986 IRCA amnesty, an estimated 400,000 illegal aliens
7. LIFE Act Amnesty, 2000: A reinstatement of the rolling Section 245(i) amnesty, an estimated 900,000 illegal aliens.

amnesty.jpg

Illegal immigration is hardly a new problem, Native Americans used to call it "White People."

I see no evidence we have better solutions to the problem now than they did then.

We could just crack down on the employers, they too are breaking he law. Put a few of them in jail and we would see how fast the jobs dry up.

But that won't happen. Republicans and democrats alike are committed to a policy of surplus labor to keep wages down. You saw how much the Bush administration cracked down?

So far this policy has done its job admirably.

We need to enforce the laws. Regardless of it being the employers, or closing the border it all needs done. We have got to get a handle on this before it gets much worse. And an amnesty program is not how to do it.

We need to enforce the laws. Regardless of it being the employers, or closing the border it all needs done. We have got to get a handle on this before it gets much worse. And an amnesty program is not how to do it.

This is one of those wink-wink, nudge nudge political issues that politicians give lip service to when running for election.

Fact of the matter is thaty neither party wants them to leave. There is too much money being made off of cheap labor to turn off the spigot. If politicians were serious, they would throw employers in jail not the workers.

We have fallen in love with Mexicans to pick our crops, mow our lawns and watch our children. No politician is going to turn them back

Unfortunately you are right, or almost right. There may be 5 or 6 politicians in Washington who would actually support closing the borders, maybe.........

Forum List

Back