The Politically Correct Destruction Of Words

Billy_Kinetta

Paladin of the Lost Hour
Mar 4, 2013
‘The Eleventh Edition is the definitive edition,’ he said. ‘We’re getting the language into its final shape—the shape it’s going to have when nobody speaks anything else. When we’ve finished with it, people like you will have to learn it all over again. You think, I dare say, that our chief job is inventing new words. But not a bit of it! We’re destroying words—scores of them, hundreds of them, every day. We’re cutting the language down to the bone. The Eleventh Edition won’t contain a single word that will become obsolete before the year 2050.’

‘Don’t you see that the whole aim of Newspeak is to narrow the range of thought? In the end we shall make thoughtcrime literally impossible, because there will be no words in which to express it. Every concept that can ever be needed, will be expressed by exactly one word, with its meaning rigidly defined and all its subsidiary meanings rubbed out and forgotten.’

- Symes, regarding Newspeak, Nineteen Eighty-Four

I was pretty gay when I started to burn that fagot. But I'm sure you can relate in your neck. Later, have to go take off my thongs and put on my rubbers now.
With the deluge of putting out the flare one would need rubbers as thongs just would not do.

Forum List

Back