The Political War

Adam's Apple

Apr 25, 2004
Waging a war against politics--what a novel idea.

The War Against Politics
By Kathleen Parker, Real Clear Politics
September 14, 2007

Politics is ever the enemy of judgment, and perspective gets lost in the hysteria that inevitably builds when large numbers of politicians and media gather too tightly in a room. The whir of cameras and the flash of bulbs alter the human ecosystem somehow and interfere with the brain's circuitry, it would seem.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2007/09/the_war_against_politics.html

Who said that?

Waging a war against politics--what a novel idea.

The War Against Politics
By Kathleen Parker, Real Clear Politics
September 14, 2007

Politics is ever the enemy of judgment, and perspective gets lost in the hysteria that inevitably builds when large numbers of politicians and media gather too tightly in a room. The whir of cameras and the flash of bulbs alter the human ecosystem somehow and interfere with the brain's circuitry, it would seem.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2007/09/the_war_against_politics.html

It won't last.

The impression I get from reading the article is that Bush is holding onto the bag but he won't open it. He'll hand it over at the end of his term and it will still be unopened.

Good interpretation, doc!!!!!!!!

The impression I get from reading the article is that Bush is holding onto the bag but he won't open it. He'll hand it over at the end of his term and it will still be unopened.

On the other hand, I don't think the man has a freaking clue as to what he is doing and his aids are even more deficient. The big picture will become more evident and understandable as historians properly reflect the idiocies, atrocities, misunderstandings and actions of the current CIC, Chimp In Chief. He is certainly a trained monkey but monkeys are only good for just so much. Can you dig it?

I think the main reason Parker wrote this article is stated in the last four paragraphs of her article. Any comments on those paragraphs?

I think the main reason Parker wrote this article is stated in the last four paragraphs of her article. Any comments on those paragraphs?

Yes, they're pretty lame. She's trying to draw non-existent parallels in reference to the the distance between the Declaration of Independence to the ratification of the Constitution. From memory I think the Federalist Papers were part of the argument to convince the states to ratify? But the US - in its infancy I admit - wasn't then an occupied state which had the previous (odious) regime overthrown, it was a state which had thrown out its imperialist oppressors and was merely arguing about how it should structure itself (and a fine argument it was too).

The rest of it is a merely lame attempt at post-facto justification.

Forum List

Back