The Political hate for Wall Street makes no sense

This^^

There is plenty of blame to go around for the mess we are in. Ironically, the OWS idiots are blaming the group of people who actually could get us out of this mess. They are shooting themselves in the foot.

What nonsense.

The "Group of people" that could "get us out of this mess" were bailed out mainly by the "OWS". None of them were held responsible for the mess. And many of them caused the mess. And they want to do the same thing again, because they profitted handsomely from the mess.

What nonsense. The OWS crowd couldn't bail out a canoe on dry land. They weren't held responsible because they weren't the only ones responsible. But hey, don't let me rain on your blind partisan parade.

Speaking as someone from the inside looking out, because I use to work for the NYSE, the people the OWS crowd are mad at..are the ones that caused the mess. They did so with complex and hard to understand algorithms that essentially insured they would not lose money no matter how the chips crumbled. The OWS crowd are made up of people who work for a living. Those are and were tax payers. That's who bailed out the high fliers, who in return for the government bailout, awarded themselves huge bonuses.

Seriously, how do you justify a cat like Dick Fuld, who allowed Lehman to go under and took 20 million in compensation on the way out?

Did you bother to read the posts at all or is it a reading comprehension problem you have?

I read just fine thanks. Basically you are saying that we shouldn't be blaming Wall Street for the financial mess THEY created because they are the ones with all the money. :eusa_eh:

The point is they didnt create it. Our government did. They just participated.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:lmao:

Even Greenspan was amazed with the greed shown by these people..

Greenspan!

Did you bother to read the posts at all or is it a reading comprehension problem you have?

I read just fine thanks. Basically you are saying that we shouldn't be blaming Wall Street for the financial mess THEY created because they are the ones with all the money. :eusa_eh:

Bovine feces. The government did not take good loans and mash them up with bad loans. The government didn't BET on the bad loans.

They may have let it happen, but they didn't DO IT, the banks did. And when it was done, the government BAILED them out.

Why? Because our politicians are BOUGHT and PAID for by Wall Street lobbyists.

Oh look...we are back to getting the fucking money out of politics again. Whodathunk?

Greenspan!

Back on the stupid pills? I had hoped you got over that last week.

You tube tags Cuomo banks

Thank you for stepping forward as the clueless class.

Exactly.:clap2:

Ah so..the government cuts regulation and weakens regulatory agencies basically because it believed the industry could police itself and they wind up engaging in the EXACT behaviors those very regulations were meant to curb..and it's the government's fault?

Kinda pulls the rug on the ol' low regs and taxes theory as a way to prosperity..don't it? :lol:

What nonsense.

The "Group of people" that could "get us out of this mess" were bailed out mainly by the "OWS". None of them were held responsible for the mess. And many of them caused the mess. And they want to do the same thing again, because they profitted handsomely from the mess.

What nonsense. The OWS crowd couldn't bail out a canoe on dry land. They weren't held responsible because they weren't the only ones responsible. But hey, don't let me rain on your blind partisan parade.

Speaking as someone from the inside looking out, because I use to work for the NYSE, the people the OWS crowd are mad at..are the ones that caused the mess. They did so with complex and hard to understand algorithms that essentially insured they would not lose money no matter how the chips crumbled. The OWS crowd are made up of people who work for a living. Those are and were tax payers. That's who bailed out the high fliers, who in return for the government bailout, awarded themselves huge bonuses.

Seriously, how do you justify a cat like Dick Fuld, who allowed Lehman to go under and took 20 million in compensation on the way out?
First of all, they fucked up with the algorithms. Secondly, those algorithms were developed to take into account the government regulations.

The driving force is to make money. That just is. When regulations are enacted that fail to account for what the driving force will do, the regulations fail.

But, rather than listen to so many of us say, "Let them fail" because they fucked up, the Dems and some Republicans got what they wanted - bail outs without any fix of what allowed the fuck ups in the first place.

Last edited:
The working man isn't losing it all because of big business but because of the democrat government policies. It's not a mystery that this started happening when obama was elected. There is a cause and effect.

Really? Which policy? What policy has caused the income inequality in this country?

Please tell us what "income inequality" has to do with anything.

What is the cause and effect?

This is just a red herring to cover people that are envious of the successful.

Apparently you've been paying ZERO attention to OWS if you are wondering what income inequality has to do with it.

inequality-p25_averagehouseholdincom.png

inequality-page25_actualdistribwithlegend.png

Really? Which policy? What policy has caused the income inequality in this country?

Apparently you've been paying ZERO attention to OWS if you are wondering what income inequality has to do with it.

You see the only solution is Soviet-style communism and others see the only solution is smart regulation.

Greenspan!

Back on the stupid pills? I had hoped you got over that last week.

tags Cuomo banks

Thank you for stepping forward as the clueless class.
:eusa_eh:

Tube tags Cuomo banks? Is that some sort of free association poetry?

You tube it posts videos, the tags point you to those videos.

Is playing stupid your new schtick?

Bovine feces. The government did not take good loans and mash them up with bad loans. The government didn't BET on the bad loans.

They may have let it happen, but they didn't DO IT, the banks did. And when it was done, the government BAILED them out.

Oh look...we are back to getting the fucking money out of politics again. Whodathunk?

Bundling bad loans with good loans then selling them off was a government plan to use as an incentive to get lenders to make bad loans. Carrot and stick. The stick was that unless banks made their quota of bad loans they wouldn't be able to open new branches, they couldn't merge, or acquire assets. Banks that refused to make bad loans were automatically engaging in discriminatory practices.

There were banks, small ones, that refused to make bad loans and didn't need bail out money. They were healthy banks. Last year when the government was seizing hundreds of banks a week, these healthy banks were taken over by govenment regulators for engaging in discriminatory practices and making a profit due to those discriminatory policies.

First of all, they fucked up with the algorithms. Secondly, those algorithms were developed to take into account the government regulations.

The driving force is to make money. That just is. When regulations are enacted that fail to account for what the driving force will do, the regulations fail.

But, rather than listen to so many of us say, "Let them fail" because they fucked up, the Dems and some Republicans got what they wanted - bail outs without any fix of what allowed the fuck ups in the first place.

That's nuts. The Algos were developed to make money..they did just that. Not only did they create derivatives, they took out insurance against them because they knew they were going to collapse. So when they did fail, the high rollers were ready to take their cash and high tail it out of town because they basically couldn't give a fuck. Unfortunately, the government has a great deal of capital invested in companies like Goldman, Citigroup, AIG and many others. Some Republicans? Republicans AUTHORED TARP and the GM bailout.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVOS1CC6V5I]THE BAILOUT: GOP Leader John Boehner - Put Country First - Vote Yes - YouTube[/ame]

I suggest you also go to you tube and use the tags Cuomo and banks. Watch the videos and you will see just how wrong you have it.

Bundling bad loans with good loans then selling them off was a government plan to use as an incentive to get lenders to make bad loans. Carrot and stick. The stick was that unless banks made their quota of bad loans they wouldn't be able to open new branches, they couldn't merge, or acquire assets. Banks that refused to make bad loans were automatically engaging in discriminatory practices.

There were banks, small ones, that refused to make bad loans and didn't need bail out money. They were healthy banks. Last year when the government was seizing hundreds of banks a week, these healthy banks were taken over by govenment regulators for engaging in discriminatory practices and making a profit due to those discriminatory policies.

That's absolutely untrue. Once Freddie and Fannie were taking out of the equation so was due diligence. Predatory lending outfits like Quick Loan Funding were swarming around getting people to sign things they didn't understand without doing any actuarial work on the loans. Heck, they even lied to them about what they were signing and lied on the paperwork about actual incomes. And it was encouraged by financial institutions like Goldman Sachs because they were looking for volume. Heck..it was even John Thane that was one of the first to come up with the idea.

That's nuts. The Algos were developed to make money..they did just that. Not only did they create derivatives, they took out insurance against them because they knew they were going to collapse. So when they did fail, the high rollers were ready to take their cash and high tail it out of town because they basically couldn't give a fuck. Unfortunately, the government has a great deal of capital invested in companies like Goldman, Citigroup, AIG and many others. Some Republicans? Republicans AUTHORED TARP and the GM bailout.

You didn't read that article at all, obviously, and you make some counterpoint to a point I never made.

:cuckoo:

I'm sorry. I worded my question poorly. I wasn't refering to why smelly, spoiled children are protesting, I was asking what income equality has to do with the economy.

Are you suggesting in order for the upper 20% to make more money they have to take it from the bottom 20?

Do you believe because rich people make a lot of many they should be forced to turn in over to losers?

Do you think it's the government's responsibility to ensure there are jobs for everyone?

The working man isn't losing it all because of big business but because of the democrat government policies. It's not a mystery that this started happening when obama was elected. There is a cause and effect.

The one where Obama signed an executive order that gave government employees a 6% raise while the rest of us took a major hit on our incomes. Obama also signed EO-13496 that forces Government Employees onto Unions to increase Government pay to extort more money from US citizens.

Exactly.:clap2:

Ah so..the government cuts regulation and weakens regulatory agencies basically because it believed the industry could police itself and they wind up engaging in the EXACT behaviors those very regulations were meant to curb..and it's the government's fault?

Kinda pulls the rug on the ol' low regs and taxes theory as a way to prosperity..don't it? :lol:

The Government cut regulations that led to the housing bubble? I can't wait to hear this. Proof?

Forum List

Back