The Pill!

Interesting possibility. No moe insurance coverage so the cost would have to stay on the low side for those who have money it seems for everything but BC.

Another potential pitfall below:

Even if a company were to step forward, this would be "uncharted territory" for the FDA, Grossman notes. The agency has never approved a chronic over-the-counter medication -- one that's taken daily for an unlimited amount of time. (Although consumers sometimes take aspirin or antacids daily, they are not labeled for that kind of use.)

The only reason its not OTC is that would cut into the profits of the big business drug pushers.

Lol!

Actually that's not true. The doctor can and often does prescribe over the counter medicine.

Mine has suggested more than prescribed OTC too but my health insurance generally does not pay for OTC.

Lol!

Actually that's not true. The doctor can and often does prescribe over the counter medicine.
You're missing the point.

When medications like Lotrimin and Claritin were floated as being moved from prescription-only to over-the-counter, there were legions of people who protested because they would no longer fall under insurance.

The same will happen in this instance.

I would say many drugs should be over the counter. Why should a parent lug their child inti the doc only to pay a fee for a script of the same antibiotics the child had been prescribed each time his throat flares up?

The Sandra Flake moochers of the world will bitch to high Heaven, because over-the-counter means that you have to pay for it yourself.

Mark my words.

First I disagree with the federal government mandating any requirements for insurance coverage as it is not their role. Insurance coverage is a contract between two private entities and should be between them except of their is a condition of one side not holding up to their end of the contract under contract law. The "Fluke" issue was not about religious freedom, it was about government encroachment that would apply to everyone.

With that said, how was she a "moocher" because she wanted coverage in an insurance policy she was paying for, just like coverage was available to Georgetown University (A Catholic School) employees. If you are paying for it, then it's not mooching.

But I do agree, hormonal contraceptives as OTC will be opposed by many and characterized as part of the "War on Women".

>>>>

I would say many drugs should be over the counter. Why should a parent lug their child inti the doc only to pay a fee for a script of the same antibiotics the child had been prescribed each time his throat flares up?

The worst part of that is there are actually some doctors who will prescribe antibiotics for "throat flareups" that are viral in origin.

The worst part of that is there are actually some doctors who will prescribe antibiotics for "throat flareups" that are viral in origin.

If you have a sore throat, it doesn't matter where it originated, it's indicative of an infection, and an infection is treated with antibiotics. Sore throats are not caused by a virus. They're caused by irritation, and infection.

And strep can kill you. So shut the hell up.

Forum List

Back