the physics of economics(on the impedance of the medium of money)

c0resonance

Rookie
Sep 17, 2012
something i was pondering today just for the sake of intrigue.

money is a representation, a medium if u will, of energy.

in physics energy is lost when transferred through a medium, and/or when the energy is changed from 1 medium to another. the amount of energy lost is dependent on the capacities of the medium of storage, and the impedance of the medium of transfer. this loss of energy phenomenon is known as entropy.

im curious on peoples opinions on the nature of entropy as it relates to money. for example, what factors define the level of impedance in the mediums of transfer?

for example, is the conversion rate of energy to money an equal conversion? and what scale of measurement is/would be used for such a task?

in physics energy is lost when transferred through a medium, and/or when the energy is changed from 1 medium to another. the amount of energy lost is dependent on the capacities of the medium of storage, and the impedance of the medium of transfer. this loss of energy phenomenon is known as entropy.

im curious on peoples opinions on the nature of entropy as it relates to money. for example, what factors define the level of impedance in the mediums of transfer?

for example, is the conversion rate of energy to money an equal conversion? and what scale of measurement is/would be used for such a task?

I feel the energy exchange when I popped from the blowjob I got in Las Vegas was a little unequal to the money paid. Does this help?:eusa_whistle: Please continue with your studies in physics between energy and matter. I would think the baseline would have too many variables for an accurate accumulation of data to formulate, as inevitable social decline will be your first troubling control point.

Last edited:

I feel the energy exchange when I popped from the blowjob I got Las Vegas was a little unequal to the money paid. Does this help?:eusa_whistle: Please continue with your studies in physics between energy and matter. I would think the baseline would have too many variables for an accurate accumulation of data to formulate, as inevitable social decline will be your first troubling control point.

im well aware of the social decline. and well aware of the unsightly flaws of fiat currency.... this is merely an entertaining intellectual endeavor.

I wanna play. Please provide a more detailed list on what's available to make this transfer. Are we talking about one transfer. Will the energy mass exist after the transfer? What percentage of transfer is required to meet desired outcome. Is there a second energy source to accomplish this transfer or is a direct only. Please provide more details on this project. I can only provide so much on my own without input, more input required..input in meaning more input please.. No output of data can happen, without more input. Energy reserves are depleting.

I wanna play. Please provide a more detailed list on what's available to make this transfer. Are we talking about one transfer. Will the energy mass exist after the transfer? What percentage of transfer is required to meet desired outcome. Is there a second energy source to accomplish this transfer or is a direct only. Please provide more details on this project. I can only provide so much on my own without input, more input required..input in meaning more input please.. No output of data can happen, without more input. Energy reserves are depleting.

i fear ive only gotten further in the specificity of my question.... here is more ive come up with to ask...

i work for 1 hour. how much money is that worth? how is that value defined? is there any loss of energy in the transformation of work energy into money medium? is the conversion ratio an even one?

in physics energy can be transferred by induction for example.

what rules in monetary policy define the rate of "induction" for money? work energy must be induced into money by some means. that action must happen in context of some set of rules. so how does the energy get into the money? and how does that transfer change the energy?

i fear ive only gotten further in the specificity of my question.... here is more ive come up with to ask...

? how is that value defined? is there any loss of energy in the transformation of work energy into money medium? is the conversion ratio an even one?

in physics energy can be transferred by induction for example.

what rules in monetary policy define the rate of "induction" for money? work energy must be induced into money by some means. that action must happen in context of some set of rules. so how does the energy get into the money? and how does that transfer change the energy?

Your example, lost energy into money medium. Completely open ended. This can fluctuate tremendously under many different conditions. I can put restrictions to force equal conversion, still lacking. To be continued.

Monetary policies to induce exchange. I got the power I can make any policy I need to produce my outcome. To be continued.

i work for 1 hour. how much money is that worth--we have limts to what that can be.
so one hour is worth a life supply of cash. dead here...

i am burning my money and have new atoms to use for many new things..

btw passing energy through paper is only 12% exchange 88% loss......

Last edited:
Money is more like an expanding universe than that of Newtonian physics.

i realize that. still it needs laws. my questions are still relevant.

I will give you $5 for that rock. Sam will give you $10 for the same rock. laws?

i deny both offers. i do not need money.

let me inject my last response from another forum i posed this question on.

(i attempted to post the URL for the other thread but apparently am not allowed to as a new user)

"=)

let me cite my previous example in another way to illustrate "what im getting at".

i spend 1 day laboring. i am offered a choice; either the fruits of my labor, or a symbolic placeholder for said fruit, that could be redeemed for said fruit, at a time of my choosing.
the obvious choice is the fruit of my labor, simple, no conversion required.
but for the sake of this conversation, lets examine how this placeholder would work...

IF i were to accept such a placeholder, i would need to to be convinced that it had the potential to represent accurately the fruits of my labor, store without loss those fruits, and be easily transferred back into them as well.

in order to be convinced of such potentials, i would need their mechanisms explained to me.

it seems strange that this is so theoretical since it is the (purported)basis of labor exchange in the world today. "

Last edited:
If you grew corn and needed corn you would eat the corn. If you grew more corn than you needed you might trade it for a chicken. If you had extra corn but there was nothing you wanted to barter for it you might take a token of worth that you could use at a later time for a chicken, a wagon, a blowjob, whatever.

If you grew corn and needed corn you would eat the corn. If you grew more corn than you needed you might trade it for a chicken. If you had extra corn but there was nothing you wanted to barter for it you might take a token of worth that you could use at a later time for a chicken, a wagon, a blowjob, whatever.

how is the value of the token defined? i get 1 token for how much corn? and how much can i then trade that token for? if i were to give you 10 corn, for 1 token, could i be assured i would receive back 10 corn for that 1 token as well?

Last edited:

how is the value of the token defined?

I will give you 5 tokens for that rock. Sam will give you 10 tokens for the exact same rock.

Night all.

Until you go into the limits of money creation and velocity in your thought experiment and use actual wages your question cannot be answered. You are trying to bring back the Ricardo/Marx labor theory of value and that has been disproven. For example, the experiment to see if a concert violinist does significantly better than any other street musician on a street corner has been answered in the negative.

Presentation makes a huge difference in product value so the question has to be restated before it can be answered.

Until you go into the limits of money creation and velocity in your thought experiment and use actual wages your question cannot be answered. You are trying to bring back the Ricardo/Marx labor theory of value and that has been disproven. For example, the experiment to see if a concert violinist does significantly better than any other street musician on a street corner has been answered in the negative.

Presentation makes a huge difference in product value so the question has to be restated before it can be answered.

i dont understand your comments regarding money creation and "velocity".. is this the speed new money is created at?

i understand your comment about performance not being related to monetary reward potential. i dont think thats in question.

which question would you like restated? there have been many in this thread....

Start with a wage, deal with money creation in the financial system and how fast money turns over. But the instability of the money system due to an impedance of about 3% was known in the 1930s. The problem area is that productivity gains in new technologies cause the supply curve to parallel the demand curve and economists don't know what to do about that.

Start with a wage, deal with money creation in the financial system and how fast money turns over. But the instability of the money system due to an impedance of about 3% was known in the 1930s. The problem area is that productivity gains in new technologies cause the supply curve to parallel the demand curve and economists don't know what to do about that.

im not trying to invent a system. im asking how the one we have works.

in the case of a wage, how would i know how much to ask for? how are the value of commodities defined?

i would need to know the "costs of living" before i could ask for how much wage i needed.

3% impedance? from what?

in physics it would be due to electromagnetic induction. what is the mechanism in economics?

i would need an example of the the concept you illustrated about supply curve and demand curves. is this relevant to my questions?

im not trying to invent a system. im asking how the one we have works.

in the case of a wage, how would i know how much to ask for? how are the value of commodities defined?

i would need to know the "costs of living" before i could ask for how much wage i needed.

3% impedance? from what?

in physics it would be due to electromagnetic induction. what is the mechanism in economics?

i would need an example of the the concept you illustrated about supply curve and demand curves. is this relevant to my questions?
The 3% was the productivity gains vs. specie of that period. The most famous case of productivity outstripping demand satiation is Moore's law. Computing costs decline by 41% per year but demand does not increase by 70% per year (the reciprocal, 1/0.59)

Forum List

Back