The Photo Dems Fear Most: Kerry with 'Hanoi Jane'

Brinkley Details Kerry's Meetings With 'Hanoi Jane'

Presidential historian Douglas Brinkley revealed Sunday that Democratic presidential front-runner John Kerry personally met with "Hanoi Jane" Fonda at least twice during the days when the two played leading roles in the group Vietnam Veterans Against the War, including a never-before-detailed 1971 meeting in Detroit.

"The Jane Fonda incidents occurred in two places, one on a march from Morristown to Valley Forge, when they shared a platform at Valley Forge," Brinkley told WABC Radio's Steve Malzberg.

"Then he met her in the more troubling Detroit Howard Johnson's Comfort Center [event], where there was this thing called the Winter Soldier Investigation."

It had been known that Fonda and Kerry had both helped organize the Winter Soldier protest at a time when he served as the VVAW's National Coordinator and she held the title Honorary National Coordinator.

But Brinkley, who wrote the definitive chronicle of Kerry's war years, "Tour of Duty," is the first authoritative source to suggest that Kerry and Fonda had a face-to-face meeting while organizing the event.

Brinkley's account of Kerry's contacts with Fonda suggests they had a much more extensive relationship than either of them are now willing to admit.

The activist and the top Democrat both offered accounts last week that minimized their contact during the 1970s, with Fonda describing efforts to link her to Kerry as part of a "big lie" campaign to discredit the presidential front-runner.

Of the Valley Forge protest, Fonda told CNN, "I don't know if we even shook hands."

For his part, Kerry said through a spokeswoman, "John Kerry and Jane Fonda were just acquaintances."

During Winter Soldier Fonda and Kerry solicited testimony from alleged combat veterans detailing U.S. atrocities, though many of the accounts were later completely discredited.

The Kerry campaign has refused to return multiple phone calls from NewsMax requesting details of the senator's interaction with Fonda during the February 1971 Winter Soldier event.

On a related subject, Brinkley said that Kerry's Vietnam War wounds, for which he received three Purple Hearts, were not particularly serious.

Asked about the severity of Kerry's injuries, Brinkley told Malzberg, "They were minor wounds."

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/2/15/121232.shtml

I am 30 and I can't stand Hanoi Jane !! My Father told me about her actions in her earlier years and I refuse to support her or any one affiliated with her !! Kerry bites and he doesn't have my vote !! He also looks like "Where's Waldo"....

Hopefully more people see these articles and we can get the message out....
Kerry is not the man hes say's he is, he is a lier, he is a hypocrite, and he is the worst man for the job of president.
I'm pretty sure that Jane Fonda thrown support Kerry's way though.
OH, P.S
Go to Bushes offical re-election site
www.BushCheney2004.com
and check out how John Kerry takes "no money from special intrest." I'm sure you all heard about the video. Check it out it's good.

Bush in '04

Oh I just can not wait for the Bush PR machine to kick in ! I want to see some of my soft money well spent crushing the hope of the Dems !:laugh:

fast and painless or slow an let em scream....dont matter....they are doomed and to frikkin blind to realize it....said just now on the news that kerry wants to retool the economy...WTF...he cant do his own economy...ie..loans that cant be paid back, not enough income........

The man is a protectionist. Who in the hell does that help the economy. If free trade exists it helps America it doesn't hurt us.
But the Dem's can't say that.... They have to say the economy is in the dumps. That Bush is to Blam(LOL) and that only they can fix it.
By Rainsing taxes and Attacking Corperations... The good old American way!!LOL:p:

Forum List

Back