The Philadelphia Eagles Players are MORONS

Paulie

Diamond Member
May 19, 2007
McNabb, and other players, admitted yesterday after the game ended in a tie, that they did not know that regular season games that go to overtime only have one extra period, and end in a tie if neither team scores.

Because of this, there was no sense of urgency on the field from the players to try and score quickly before time ran out, and they probably sealed their fate of not making the playoffs this year.

There is no excuse for such idiocy. I've heard it blamed on the coach as well, for not informing them of the rule as time was running short. That is ridiculous in and of itself. These players do this for a living and make millions of dollars, McNabb personally making over 100 Million himself in his contract.

How do you possibly justify not knowing the rules of the sport you've played your entire life and made a multi-million dollar career out of?

I swear, I feel like I'm surrounded by idiots.

McNabb, and other players, admitted yesterday after the game ended in a tie, that they did not know that regular season games that go to overtime only have one extra period, and end in a tie if neither team scores.

Because of this, there was no sense of urgency on the field from the players to try and score quickly before time ran out, and they probably sealed their fate of not making the playoffs this year.

There is no excuse for such idiocy. I've heard it blamed on the coach as well, for not informing them of the rule as time was running short. That is ridiculous in and of itself. These players do this for a living and make millions of dollars, McNabb personally making over 100 Million himself in his contract.

How do you possibly justify not knowing the rules of the sport you've played your entire life and made a multi-million dollar career out of?

Agreed-- I swear the US is getting dusted with stupid powder.
Inexcusable ignorance on the part of the whole organization.

Agreed-- I swear the US is getting dusted with stupid powder.
Inexcusable ignorance on the part of the whole organization.

Our local media during postgame was making the most ridiculous excuses for it, too.

One excuse was that the players only know the rules based on the football video games they frequently play.

Are you fucking kidding me?

Another excuse was that there hasn't been a tie since 2002, so perhaps the rule escaped their memory. :rolleyes:

I don't know which excuse was more ridiculous, especially considering the referee announces the overtime rules to the entire stadium over the PA right before the coin toss, and is standing RIGHT NEXT TO a handful of players from each team.

1 extra period
2 timeouts each team
4th quarter rules
Replays come from the booth only
Sudden Death, First team to score wins

It happens everytime a game goes OT.

Fuck me sideways man. I think I'm going to stick with just baseball from here on out.

Our local media during postgame was making the most ridiculous excuses for it, too.

One excuse was that the players only know the rules based on the football video games they frequently play.

Are you fucking kidding me?

Another excuse was that there hasn't been a tie since 2002, so perhaps the rule escaped their memory. :rolleyes:

I don't know which excuse was more ridiculous, especially considering the referee announces the overtime rules to the entire stadium over the PA right before the coin toss, and is standing RIGHT NEXT TO a handful of players from each team.

1 extra period
2 timeouts each team
4th quarter rules
Replays come from the booth only
Sudden Death, First team to score wins

It happens everytime a game goes OT.

Fuck me sideways man. I think I'm going to stick with just baseball from here on out.

You hear it a lot from announcers too these days----they are dying to say what a dumbshit thing someone did but they gotta censor themselves :lol:

You hear it a lot from announcers too these days----they are dying to say what a dumbshit thing someone did but they gotta censor themselves :lol:

They're all just a bunch of spoiled, pampered ass pussies anymore.

they lost the SB because they couldn't run the 2 min drill-why does this surprise you?

Forum List

Back