The Pet problem really breaks my heart.

Bonnie said:
True if it absolutely comes down to someone will die than human life trumps animal life. I just think in most cases it can be avoided with a little extra work and the will. Im really not judging anyone in this situation, all Im saying is for me personally I look at my animals as my family as well and with every fibre of my being I could not leave them behind to die. It would bother me the rest of my life. I really can understand why some people don't want to leave their animals.
I understand how you feel Bon..I feel the same for the most part..That "part" would be circumstances. The ones in NO in particular...So there we go...

-=d=- said:
Duplicate accounts are in violation of the rules - User Allanon was banned...so is '68. Email the administration if you'd like to discuss the original ban, and work out a deal to 'play nicely'

Oh - so was your OTHER account: Cogline
And your OTHER account: IrishEyes
And your OTHER account: Mally

LOL. What a troll! Four accounts? Plus coming back after being banned to begin with.

My guess is its Gabby again.... But it doesn't really matter does it?

no1tovote4 said:
All I stated is that if it were me, I would put my family on the bus and then walk with my animal to shelter. I never stated that my animal should be allowed on the bus, I never stated that they should be allowed on the bus in place of a person. In fact, my place would be given to another. Even if I didn't have an animal, I am healthy enough to walk, I'll walk and allow for another to take my place.

Clearly the priority is on my family, however my responsibility to my animals is also of clear importance to me.

Never did I state that the animal has the priority over human life, nor did I say that they should be. I think that people are taking a remark out of context, applying more importance to it than I did, then judging me poorly because I would work to save my animals as well as my family.
Did someone say you did?

no1tovote4 said:
LOL. What a troll! Four accounts? Plus coming back after being banned to begin with.

My guess is its Gabby again.... But it doesn't really matter does it?

Different writing style.

-=d=- said:
Duplicate accounts are in violation of the rules - User Allanon was banned...so is '68. Email the administration if you'd like to discuss the original ban, and work out a deal to 'play nicely'

Oh - so was your OTHER account: Cogline
And your OTHER account: IrishEyes
And your OTHER account: Mally
Good work D!!! :cheers2:

Mr. P said:
Nope, didn't say you had "NO" compassion, check the context...I love animals, but I'd save a human over an animal in a second. Chill, and drop it.

Mr. P said:
Fine 20 hale Marys for you, then..Then confess you have no hope for the human race and lack compassion. :halo:

Oh, I see. It's not that I have "no" compassion, I just "lack" compassion. Big whooping difference in whose world?

Regarding this from you:
Chill, and drop it
I don't appreciate you giving me orders. And it is unseemly to get the last word in, and then tell the other person to drop it. Perhaps in the friendly spirit of the USMB, you'd like to rephrase that? :beer:

Abbey Normal said:
Oh, I see. It's not that I have "no" compassion, I just "lack" compassion. Big whooping difference in whose world?

Regarding this from you: I don't appreciate you giving me orders. And it is unseemly to get the last word in, and then tell the other person to drop it. Perhaps in the friendly spirit of the USMB, you'd like to rephrase that? :beer:

I don't see anywhere or anything to suggest that Abbey lacks compassion. In fact, I read things that tell me she is incredible passionate. About pets and people.

You both are saying the same thing...just differently. No one thinks animals should be saved before people. I, personally, would like to see more attention be given to rescuing the animals along with the people.

Yes, if I could, I would save both..my family and my dogs. Why? My dogs are my family.

If I couldn't, I would argue and right to save everyone but if I had to make a choice, then yes, people over animals. But that doesn't mean I wouldn't exhaust every effort to ensure my animals are safe so I can come back and get them.

If people weren't as passionate about animals and pets as Abbey is, why is there so much heartbreak over Snowball?

GotZoom said:
I don't see anywhere or anything to suggest that Abbey lacks compassion. In fact, I read things that tell me she is incredible passionate. About pets and people.

You both are saying the same thing...just differently. No one thinks animals should be saved before people. I, personally, would like to see more attention be given to rescuing the animals along with the people.

Yes, if I could, I would save both..my family and my dogs. Why? My dogs are my family.

If I couldn't, I would argue and right to save everyone but if I had to make a choice, then yes, people over animals. But that doesn't mean I wouldn't exhaust every effort to ensure my animals are safe so I can come back and get them.

If people weren't as passionate about animals and pets as Abbey is, why is there so much heartbreak over Snowball?
:thup: Yep..

Let's face it, it is true that animals don't have a choice if they are tied up. They basically don't have a choice regardless. The people make the choices for them.. however based on the fact that these people are on television talking about poverty and racism while they have a mouth full of gold teeth, a marijuana t-shirt on and video cell phones, I'd say the people are expendable under circumstance but a cute dogs' fate in the hands of ignorance and stupidity is therefore pre-determined. It is unfortunate but then again so are most of this country's actions and beliefs. nonetheless it's a shame that good pets had to wash with all the trash.

Mr. P said:
I agree...
Priorities...I guess human life is less of a value than animals to some.
some people jsut see pets as just that, pets. "dumb" animals. bullshit dumb animals (even though my cat, max, is trying to swipe at the cursor as i type this!). im betting there are some animals out there that need rescuing more than some of the dirt bags. and people out there that would rather rescue the animals rather thanthe people.

Mr. P said:
Fine 20 hale Marys for you, then..Then confess you have no hope for the human race and lack compassion. :halo:
but the thing is, all the manmade atrocities that have ever happened have been cause by humans. you dont see too many animal gangs or rulers or whatever out there ordering peoples deaths, or killing them

Zhukov said:
All life is precious, but not equally precious, and human life is the most precious of all. One's actions should reflect this.
life is life. nothing is more important than anything else.

New Topics

Forum List

Back