The Peso Turns Fake

Discussion in 'Economy' started by rtwngAvngr, Dec 13, 2006.

1. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511
    http://www.augustreview.com/content/view/13/5/

2. 90K

90K BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +64
    you mean NAFTA hasn't done anything for the peso?

3. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511
    You tell us. Has it? Your point seems tangential at best.

4. 90K

90K BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +64
    I was being wise for starters. And it pretty much answered itself. It is a shame that the government couldn't do something to arrange for the currency to be some what competitive even if it were with other latin American countries. I mean they have have had generations wto work on changing the ideas and concepts of being competitive. Either way with all the money being pumped into Mexico in the factories of the US companies that moved down there that money is going somewhere and it isn't on the economy.

5. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511
    Money is technically worthless when it's fiat. Fiat currency is strictly a human control mechanism. You can never get off the treadmill if the money makers don't want you to. People retiring early and not working? Devalue the currency with a massive print run, drop their life savings to zero, reopen the mill. Or if you just want to keep them on the edge of poverty just to keep them powerless, that's cool too.

6. 90K

90K BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +64
    Yeah but isn't monies value on what it provides as valuable? Like if you hold gold as the standard then it would go with the market value. If it were in say your export value and other countries bought up the money then it would hold value. Like the dollar against China since they have bought up millions of our dollars and hold it.

7. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511
    Exactly. non fiat currency has at the VERY LEAST, the redeemable face value. When it used to be backed by gold or whatever you were ALWAYS guaranteed that, plus whatever it could buy you as a currency. Now if the inflation spirals "out of control on purpose" or whatever, it can buy you little in the market place, and there is not a guarantee minimum value, like there was when it was backed by FIXED QUANTITIES OF PRECIOUS METAL.

8. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511
    Long story short. At my jobs I insist on being paid in grain, or light sweet crude. Maybe that's why I keep getting passed over.

9. 90K

90K BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +64
    And we would agree fixed precious metals isn't the answer. How can mexico be in such bad shape? Really I never paid much attention to them because other than back strokes coming across the rio grande what else do they have that I'd want? All seriousness aside they have factories, Mexico city pollution is truth about that, and they have tourism and I'm sure a lot of sweat shops with slave labor. I'd think almost they want to remain like that because of the inner wealth they get. I'm not economically strong in my thoughts here but sounds to me if it ain't broke don't fix it from a selfish point of view.

10. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511
    Actually I'm working on a quantum dollar. It contains a fixed amount of energy which can be converted into fuel or dietary protein or other matter with various adapters. It must, however, be fitted with a very strong control mechanism to contain the energy, so it can't be used for terrorism.