The “pesky little nation”

Rehmat

Rookie
Mar 28, 2010
“The only enemy Israel is talking about now is Iran. Friends who know nuclear weapons tell me there is no reasonable proof Iran is developing weapons at all and that the news stories we see are “plants,” misrepresentations of fact just like all the Bush era terror alerts and the phony bin Laden tapes,” Gordon Duff, Vietnam War veteran and senior editor ‘Veterans Today’.

“We possess several hundred atomic warheads and rockets and can launch them at targets in all directions, perhaps even at Rome. Most European capitals are targets for our airforce……. We have tha capability to take the world down with us, and I can assure you that that will happen before Israel goes under,” Martin van Creveld, Israeli historian.

The power lies in the perception of power, and no organization in Washington is perceived to wield more power than AIPAC (Jewish Lobby). For proof, look no further than after Benjamin Netanyahu’s almost spitting on Joe Biden, a true friend of Zionist regime if ever there was one, the AIPAC had the audacity to demand from Barack Obama to mend American relations with the Zionist entity in relation with PA, Iran, Lebanon and Syria.

As Alexander Cockburn, America’s best known journalist and author, wrote in CountrPunch Diary (March 19-21, 2010): “My fellow Americans, tonight I’m going to talk frankly about a pesky little nation called Israel…..” Don’t get excited. It will never happen. Is there really a crisis in US-Israeli relations? Yes and No. Yes, because the world’s premier power doesn’t care to have its vice-president publically humiliated by a midget of a nation whose entire population is smaller than that of Las Angeles county. No, because the elected politicians nominally running the government of the world’s premier power live in mortal fear of Israel lobby in the United State.This time, as always, No will carry the day.

Alexander Cockburn’s view of AIPAC sword hanging over Obama’s head, was proved by Obama’s New Year (Nauroz) messagae to Iranian people on Friday: “We are working with the international community to hold the Iranian government accountable because they refuse to live up to their international obligations”.

So what is holding back both Washington and Tel Aviv to send Iran back to the ‘Middle Ages’ as they did to Aghanistan and Iraq? It’s not the religious morality or the international laws holding them back – because both imperialist entities have never cared for those two. The reality is that the Zionist entity, though considered to be the 5th world’s military power – its soldiers have proven (in 2006) to be no match for the morally-inspired fighters of Hizb’Allah, Hamas and Iran. Tel aviv, as usual, needs Americans to fight its wars in Muslim lands. Americans, on the other hand, are already tied up in both Afghanistan and Iraq – and don’t have the necessary military manpower to open a major third war front. Furthermore, Pentagon doesn’t know the exact locations of Iran’s underground nuclear facilities. And even if the American air-raids succeed to knock down a few of those facilities – there is good possibility that Iran will target the US forces in Iraq, Afghanistan, Qatar and at Persian Gulf. The Iranian forces would certainly Israeli favor by its rockets hitting Tel Aviv, Haifa and other Jewish-populated towns. The attack will also push Tehran to go in full-speed in developing a nuclear deterrent.

The Israeli hero who lead the attack on Iraq’s unfinished nuclear plant in June 1981, Zeev Raz, in an interview with The Economist, has this advice for extremists Jewish leaders like Benjamin Netanyahu, Lieberman and Ehud Barak: “Israeli air power could, at the most, set the Iranian nuclear program back by a year or two – not enough to be worth the inevitable Iranian retaliations, which might includes rockets fired at Israeli cities by Iran and its allies, Hizb’Allah in Lebanon and Hamas in the Gaza Strip”.

Alexander Cockburn has no credibility and Counterpunch is a rag.

No serious person denies Iran's intent to acquire a nuclear bomb.

I have absolutel;y no doubt that Iran is working on becoming still another nuclear power.

If you were Iran, wouldn't you?

Iran is probably trying to get the bomb, as editec said "wouldn't you?" The Americans, with a history of aggression against Iran, surround it on both sides, with Israel behind the lines foaming at the mouth (and most importantly, foaming at the mouth whilst sitting on an unknown arsenal of their own nukes, to compound the hypocrisy).

I don't personally see acquiring nukes as a good idea for anybody ever, but I can understand why Iran would. The Iranians have also learned from Israel's bombing of Syrian reactors back in the day, so they put 'em deep in the giant mountains that dot the entire country. It will not be easy to destroy these, should they really exist. It would also require explicit American/Iraqi consent for the use of Iraq's airspace, which seems unlikely. The Iranians probably fear that once the Americans withdraw, Israel will simply violate Iraqi airspace for the strikes. This might be a real fuse waiting to blow, and Iran is probably rushing development right about now.

As shitty as it is, unless both Iran AND Israel AND the US place the area under a Nuclear-Free-Zone type treaty (which will never happen, though it has been done in many regions like Latin America, Southeast Asia, and Africa), the world will likely just have to deal with the fact that Iran will be the 10th state to join the nuclear club. I mean, think about it: it's almost certain that even starving, poor North Korea will keep its miserable nukes and that's an even crazier regime than Iran's or Israel's. The future is grim.

Forum List

Back