The perversion of rights

The perversion of rights
Interesting the right’s talent to whine and complain yet offer no solutions; this ‘ain’t it awful’ opinion piece is no different – full of hysteria and hyperbole, drama and dogma, but devoid of fact or reason.

The last paragraph is particularly inane and idiotic:

I used to think that the U.S. Constitution would prove more resilient than the less absolutist liberties of other Western nations. But the president has calculated that, with Obamacare, the First Amendment and much else will crumble before his will. And, given trends in U.S. jurisprudence, who’s to say he won’t get his way? That’s the point about all this “free” stuff: Ultimately, it’s not about your rights, but about his.
‘Crumble before his will’ – he’s got to be kidding.

And of course it’s all hopeless, we’re doomed – ‘given trends in U.S. jurisprudence,’ those evil, liberal, activist judges legislating from the bench (the great bulk of whom appointed by republican presidents…) won’t give a god-fearing, literalist Constitutional fundamentalist conservative an honest hearing in court, so we won’t even bother to challenge the president concerning his ‘transgressions.’

Conservatives are not only whiners, they’re cowards.

Huh?
We get the the government we deserve.

Alexis de Tocqueville

Suffering is the only source of "Rights"....................to each according to his need..............lol

From the OP link......

That’s the real “hot topic” here — whether a majority of citizens, in America as elsewhere in the West, is willing to “leave it up to the government” to make decisions on everything that matters.

Now his primary topic was Obamacare. But contrast that with the desire of Conservatives who want to “leave it up to the government” to trample the rights of people to get an abortion, euthanasia, gay marriage and whether or not a family can make the decision to pull the plug on a comatose loved one.

“I leave it up to the government to make good decisions for Americans” is indeed a scary quote.

But not as scary as "I want the government to force the rest of Americans to follow my moral compass".

this clueless fool has it bass ackwards, he's the one inventing govt rights ................to abortion, euthanasia, gay marriage and whether or not a family can make the decision to pull the plug on a comatose loved one."

The perversion of rights
Interesting the right’s talent to whine and complain yet offer no solutions; this ‘ain’t it awful’ opinion piece is no different – full of hysteria and hyperbole, drama and dogma, but devoid of fact or reason.

I used to think that the U.S. Constitution would prove more resilient than the less absolutist liberties of other Western nations. But the president has calculated that, with Obamacare, the First Amendment and much else will crumble before his will. And, given trends in U.S. jurisprudence, who’s to say he won’t get his way? That’s the point about all this “free” stuff: Ultimately, it’s not about your rights, but about his.

And of course it’s all hopeless, we’re doomed – ‘given trends in U.S. jurisprudence,’ those evil, liberal, activist judges legislating from the bench (the great bulk of whom appointed by republican presidents…) won’t give a god-fearing, literalist Constitutional fundamentalist conservative an honest hearing in court, so we won’t even bother to challenge the president concerning his ‘transgressions.’

Huh?
Feel better for having expounded? You really crack me up with your 'from the mount' pronunciations, like anyone around here gives you credit for being anything other than liberal windbag. You got some 'case law' for that?
CASE LAW is the term used(.)

From the OP link......

That’s the real “hot topic” here — whether a majority of citizens, in America as elsewhere in the West, is willing to “leave it up to the government” to make decisions on everything that matters.

Now his primary topic was Obamacare. But contrast that with the desire of Conservatives who want to “leave it up to the government” to trample the rights of people to get an abortion, euthanasia, gay marriage and whether or not a family can make the decision to pull the plug on a comatose loved one.

“I leave it up to the government to make good decisions for Americans” is indeed a scary quote.

But not as scary as "I want the government to force the rest of Americans to follow my moral compass".

this clueless fool has it bass ackwards, he's the one inventing govt rights ................to abortion, euthanasia, gay marriage and whether or not a family can make the decision to pull the plug on a comatose loved one."
It was Bush that supported the FEDERAL DOMA; the right is working hard to prevent equal rights to marry. The support of euthanasia is untrue, abortion, see Roe v. Wade. "Pull the plug" refers to what?

From the OP link......

Then why don't you speak out about it when the dems are doing it?

The government has been forcing the people to follow its moral compass for a long time now.

From the OP link......

Which is why COTUS was written.

Huh?
Feel better for having expounded? You really crack me up with your 'from the mount' pronunciations, like anyone around here gives you credit for being anything other than liberal windbag. You got some 'case law' for that?
CASE LAW is the term used(.)

Case law for what? Saying huh?

From the OP link......

Then why don't you speak out about it when the dems are doing it?

Because he wants the government to enforce his morality.

“I leave it up to the government to make good decisions for Americans.” Has anyone ever heard anything more terrifying than this?

Holocaust at Mount Carmel

51PG27100ZL._SS500_.jpg

Forum List

Back