The perversion of rights

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
“I leave it up to the government to make good decisions for Americans.”

Has anyone ever heard anything more terrifying than this?

CNN’s John King did his best the other night, producing a question from one of his viewers:

“Since birth control is the latest hot topic, which candidate believes in birth control, and if not, why?”

To their credit, no Republican candidate was inclined to accept the premise of the question. King might have done better to put the issue to Danica Patrick. For some reason, Michelle Fields of the Daily Caller sought the views of the NASCAR driver and Sports Illustrated swimwear model about “the Obama administration’s dictate that religious employers provide health-care plans that cover contraceptives.” Miss Patrick, a practicing Catholic, gave the perfect citizen’s response for the Age of Obama:

The Perversion of Rights - Mark Steyn - National Review Online

They sound like words straight out of liesmatters mouth.

Kind of sounds like she is too busy making money and having a good time to give a shit, we should all be so lucky. Silly thing to launch a much too general and rambling attack on democrats, regulation, the welfare state, Obama, Canada, Britain, ............

Crappy article, probably think you learned something.

They sound like words straight out of liesmatters mouth.

:cuckoo:

The only thing cuckoo here is you think TM ever tells the truth. Hell she claimed I lied because I ask her if she lived in Wisconsin.

Huh? find a link of me saying she tells the truth? :lol: I just think a few people are unhealthily obsessed with her, and that's whack. :cuckoo:

The perversion of rights

Interesting the right’s talent to whine and complain yet offer no solutions; this ‘ain’t it awful’ opinion piece is no different – full of hysteria and hyperbole, drama and dogma, but devoid of fact or reason.

The last paragraph is particularly inane and idiotic:

I used to think that the U.S. Constitution would prove more resilient than the less absolutist liberties of other Western nations. But the president has calculated that, with Obamacare, the First Amendment and much else will crumble before his will. And, given trends in U.S. jurisprudence, who’s to say he won’t get his way? That’s the point about all this “free” stuff: Ultimately, it’s not about your rights, but about his.

‘Crumble before his will’ – he’s got to be kidding.

And of course it’s all hopeless, we’re doomed – ‘given trends in U.S. jurisprudence,’ those evil, liberal, activist judges legislating from the bench (the great bulk of whom appointed by republican presidents…) won’t give a god-fearing, literalist Constitutional fundamentalist conservative an honest hearing in court, so we won’t even bother to challenge the president concerning his ‘transgressions.’

Conservatives are not only whiners, they’re cowards.

The perversion of rights

Interesting the right’s talent to whine and complain yet offer no solutions; this ‘ain’t it awful’ opinion piece is no different – full of hysteria and hyperbole, drama and dogma, but devoid of fact or reason.

I used to think that the U.S. Constitution would prove more resilient than the less absolutist liberties of other Western nations. But the president has calculated that, with Obamacare, the First Amendment and much else will crumble before his will. And, given trends in U.S. jurisprudence, who’s to say he won’t get his way? That’s the point about all this “free” stuff: Ultimately, it’s not about your rights, but about his.

And of course it’s all hopeless, we’re doomed – ‘given trends in U.S. jurisprudence,’ those evil, liberal, activist judges legislating from the bench (the great bulk of whom appointed by republican presidents…) won’t give a god-fearing, literalist Constitutional fundamentalist conservative an honest hearing in court, so we won’t even bother to challenge the president concerning his ‘transgressions.’

Feel better for having expounded? You really crack me up with your 'from the mount' pronunciations, like anyone around here gives you credit for being anything other than liberal windbag. You got some 'case law' for that?

I wish John King had asked candidates if they supported taxpayer funded birth control and a government mandate that religion based organizations be required to fund birth control for their employees. That would be more honest but left wing "reporters" are more interested in muddying up the issue than clarifying it.

The perversion of rights

Feel better for having expounded? You really crack me up with your 'from the mount' pronunciations, like anyone around here gives you credit for being anything other than liberal windbag. You got some 'case law' for that?

This board is lucky to have such a literate and knowledgeable poster. The article was crap, there are people out there getting paid to write slop like that and here he is giving his brilliantly rational thoughts for free.

This board is lucky to have such a literate and knowledgeable poster. The article was crap, there are people out there getting paid to write slop like that and here he is giving his brilliantly rational thoughts for free.

Yeah, I know... We're so BLESSED!! :cuckoo:

Kind of sounds like she is too busy making money and having a good time to give a shit, we should all be so lucky. Silly thing to launch a much too general and rambling attack on democrats, regulation, the welfare state, Obama, Canada, Britain, ............

Crappy article, probably think you learned something.

I learn things from everything I read. Including your writing. Though probably not the things you want me to learn.

The perversion of rights

Huh?

Literate and knowledgeable? Jones? Do you have any idea how stupid saying that makes you look? He actually thinks the Supreme Court writes the constitution.

From the OP link......

That’s the real “hot topic” here — whether a majority of citizens, in America as elsewhere in the West, is willing to “leave it up to the government” to make decisions on everything that matters.

Now his primary topic was Obamacare. But contrast that with the desire of Conservatives who want to “leave it up to the government” to trample the rights of people to get an abortion, euthanasia, gay marriage and whether or not a family can make the decision to pull the plug on a comatose loved one.

“I leave it up to the government to make good decisions for Americans” is indeed a scary quote.

But not as scary as "I want the government to force the rest of Americans to follow my moral compass".

I wish John King had asked candidates if they supported taxpayer funded birth control and a government mandate that religion based organizations be required to fund birth control for their employees. That would be more honest but left wing "reporters" are more interested in muddying up the issue than clarifying it.

What's the matter? Question not leading enough? How about, should all Americans have option to put together the health pacakge they need, regardless of employer? They're being asked to offer insurance, NOT funding anything.

Has anyone ever heard anything more terrifying than this?

CNN’s John King did his best the other night, producing a question from one of his viewers:

“Since birth control is the latest hot topic, which candidate believes in birth control, and if not, why?”

To their credit, no Republican candidate was inclined to accept the premise of the question. King might have done better to put the issue to Danica Patrick. For some reason, Michelle Fields of the Daily Caller sought the views of the NASCAR driver and Sports Illustrated swimwear model about “the Obama administration’s dictate that religious employers provide health-care plans that cover contraceptives.” Miss Patrick, a practicing Catholic, gave the perfect citizen’s response for the Age of Obama:

The Perversion of Rights - Mark Steyn - National Review Online

Anyone who says that is no patriot..

In reality it is the progressives who look towards government to regulate their lives.

Forum List

Back