The Personhood of the unborn needs to be settled

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012
With the recent ruling in Alabama regarding abortion, and the eventual path towards SCOTUS to settle the issue, the obvious thing to do is to define what exactly the unborn is, something Roe vs. Wade shied away from doing. After all, the reason blacks were mistreated under the Constitution was because they were not identified as equals, they were 3/5 a human being.

There are but two possibilities from my vantage point.

1. They are a parasite, defined as an organism living in, with, or on another organism in parasitism

2. Or they are a human being.

Which camp do you fall in?

With the recent ruling in Alabama regarding abortion, and the eventual path towards SCOTUS to settle the issue, the obvious thing to do is to define what exactly the unborn is, something Roe vs. Wade shied away from doing. After all, the reason blacks were mistreated under the Constitution was because they were not identified as equals, they were 3/5 a human being.

1. They are a parasite, defined as an organism living in, with, or on another organism in parasitism

Neither. I see the question as irrelevant. We're talking about the contents of a woman's body. It doesn't matter to me whether that's a "person" or a "tribe" or an entire civilization of microbial "people" that someone thinks they need to save. The bottom line is that it's no one else's business.

Neither. I see the question as irrelevant. We're talking about the contents of a woman's body. It doesn't matter to me whether that's a "person" or a "tribe" or an entire civilization of microbial "people" that someone thinks they need to save. The bottom line is that it's no one else's business.

Your response is akin to the slave owner saying that the slave is his property, thus the slave can be treated only as 3/5 of a person.

You are dismissed. I did not think you dare answer the question.

Laughable.

It is a human being, but one must be careful of absolutes.

If we assign full “personhood” should every miscarriage be investigated to determine the cause and if the mother is at fault?

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Blacks were not identified as human beings at all. They had no more constitutional rights than an animal

The 3/5 was for a states representation in the House. They got more political power because of slaves, but that power was used against slaves

Your response is akin to the slave owner saying that the slave is his property, thus the slave can be treated only as 3/5 of a person.

I guess you missed the "contents of woman's body" part of my post. If the slave owner created their slaves and kept them in their body, you might have a point. You don't have point.

Since time immemorial the answer to this question has been known. Only the most vile of radical ideologies continue to apply moral relativism to this "issue". Seems the brainwashing has switched to the spin cycle and even somewhat decent folk have found their minds circling the wash basin. There's no excuse for pretending not to know the answer and yet groupthink is a great place to hide from the truth. Recursively asking the same question even while knowing the answer will take us straight to hell.

Blacks were not identified as human beings at all. They had no more constitutional rights than an animal

The 3/5 was for a states representation in the House. They got more political power because of slaves, but that power was used against slaves

Are you applying slave status to a human being in the womb? Y'all never have gotten away from slavery and segregation. Its like its in your dna.

Are you applying slave status to a human being in the womb? Y'all never have gotten away from slavery and segregation. Its like its in your dna.
To allow abortions to continue without first assessing their humanity, or lack thereof, is unconscionable.

Ownership of one's own body is the most fundamental of individual rights.

I'm a big fan of the abortionists withholding sex from men as a protest on the issue.

That is called having control over your reproduction. If only more would follow suit we could end abortion altogether.

I see a business opportunity here. Let's call it "Abortion Tourism".

Little Ellie Mae gets herself in trouble and for one low fee, gets a Greyhound to a big, bad Liberal city where she gets her problem taken care of, gets to stay overnight at a Motel 6, and has a full Grand Slam breakfast at Denny's the next morning before heading back to Gooberville.

Forum List

Back