The Perry Cleanup: Walking back Secession and Ponzi.

You're kidding right?

He walked back the ponzi scheme thing from the first debate to the second debate. In the first debate he was very strong on his initial statement. He said that SSI was a Ponzi scheme and that people today shouldn't expect it to be there when they retired.

In the SECOND debate, he said it wanted to REFORM it. This time, he said he wanted to make it a STATE issue.

I can't wait for the THIRD iteration! :lol:

You didn't mention the debates in your OP. Your assertion was about the Hannity interview. I didn't click on your link because I watched the interview and didn't need a bloger to tell me what I saw.

If you didn't watch the debates..well my bad.

In any case..it's seems to be part of a general strategy to make Perry more electable.

The thing is...as I put in another thread, this guy has said and done so many things that are on record..it's going to be a tough sell.

I had thought seeing the first debate..he was going to "stick by his guns". Not that I agree with him at all..but heck..that's somewhat admirable.

But he's not going to do that.
every politician says stupid shit at some point that comes back on them. Obama is well known for it. Why don't you call him on it? I can pull up any number of YouTube videos if you require further proof.

Besides if these two issues are all you have that's quite a stretch. Perry didn't himself call for a split, someone else did and he didn't distance himself from the comment to your satisfaction. Big deal. And as far as the scheme goes tell me this. How is a system that was implimented to pay out at 62 when life expectancy was 60 not a scheme? Huh?

Yeah, that's really going to endear him the US public...calling them stupid for supporting one of the most beloved and successful programs to come out of the United States. A program that, by the way, (and according to both the SSA and the CBO) will be able to pay ALL of its promised benefits for the next quarter of a century and after that would be able to pay around 78% of promised benefits. Do you know what the definition of a scheme is, especially a Ponzi scheme?

You think it is going to serve Mr. Perry well to call people stupid for not wanting to see a program destroyed that has kept our elderly population from poverty and starvation for 75 years? Really?

Comments on its management should be welcomed by everyone.

The discussion is on its management.

But hey add some emotion Im just not feeling your position.

And Perry's ideas on its "management" are ludicrous, unworkable and will lead to its destruction.

What are Perrys destructive ideas you speak of? As far as I can tell his current position is that it needs to be thoroughly debated and solved as a result of that debate. So do tell what management proposals has he made that are crazy?

You didn't mention the debates in your OP. Your assertion was about the Hannity interview. I didn't click on your link because I watched the interview and didn't need a bloger to tell me what I saw.

If you didn't watch the debates..well my bad.

In any case..it's seems to be part of a general strategy to make Perry more electable.

The thing is...as I put in another thread, this guy has said and done so many things that are on record..it's going to be a tough sell.

I had thought seeing the first debate..he was going to "stick by his guns". Not that I agree with him at all..but heck..that's somewhat admirable.

But he's not going to do that.
every politician says stupid shit at some point that comes back on them. Obama is well known for it. Why don't you call him on it? I can pull up any number of YouTube videos if you require further proof.

Besides if these two issues are all you have that's quite a stretch. Perry didn't himself call for a split, someone else did and he didn't distance himself from the comment to your satisfaction. Big deal. And as far as the scheme goes tell me this. How is a system that was implimented to pay out at 62 when life expectancy was 60 not a scheme? Huh?

You could probably pull up flubs and campaign promises that didn't pan out because of political reality.

What you can't pull up is policy that was reversed on the campaign trail.

And before.

Perry said in his book..SSI is a ponzi scam..and essentially was calling to end it. He said the same thing in the first debate. The second debate..on the very same issue..he was calling on reform. But Romney did something very smart. He made him articulate the policy he wanted to follow. But I am sure..that's going to change too.

Yeah, that's really going to endear him the US public...calling them stupid for supporting one of the most beloved and successful programs to come out of the United States. A program that, by the way, (and according to both the SSA and the CBO) will be able to pay ALL of its promised benefits for the next quarter of a century and after that would be able to pay around 78% of promised benefits. Do you know what the definition of a scheme is, especially a Ponzi scheme?

You think it is going to serve Mr. Perry well to call people stupid for not wanting to see a program destroyed that has kept our elderly population from poverty and starvation for 75 years? Really?

Comments on its management should be welcomed by everyone.

The discussion is on its management.

But hey add some emotion Im just not feeling your position.

And Perry's ideas on its "management" are ludicrous, unworkable and will lead to its destruction.

What are they?

The current dem plan is there is nothing to see and its fine.

So please try and be specific. No guess work.

He's too late...the campaign commercials have already been made. He wants to be President of the United States of America...but doesn't believe in the United part.

I personally can't wait to see the campaign ads against him that include all of the extremists who attended his "prayer rally" in Texas. Those should be very entertaining!

Forum List

Back