The "Perks" Of The Death Penalty?

Mr. Shaman

May 4, 2010
Right-wingers like to brag about it's FINALITY!!
ugly_man_laugh.gif

"This is a damning indictment of the entire serology section," said Mary Pollard, executive director of Prisoner Legal Services. Her agency will begin reviewing the cases of 80 defendants who are currently in prison. "It is absolutely horrifying."

The criminal convictions or sentences of three people who have since been executed in North Carolina, and four more cases in which the defendants are now on death row, are may be in doubt because of flawed reports."

*​

"Special Agent Duane Deaver was placed on leave while the investigation continues and it was Deaver's testimony in the case of Greg Taylor that started it all.

Taylor was exonerated in February for a 1991 murder after Deaver admitted he reported a substance was blood when tests later showed it wasn't."

Last edited:
And not because occasionally the wrong person gets killed, either. I think all humans have value to God, and I think all humans should have every opportunity to repent and be saved.

They can't do that if they're dead.

death penalty pro: should scare people into not killing other people
death penalty con: making mistakes and killing innocent people happen

personal verdict: undecided.

I don't understand the OP's point...

Right now there isn't much of one. There's an ongoing investigation that "may" have some relation to three executed people and four on death row. May not have any bearing on them either. But they should put a moratorium in until they find out.

And not because occasionally the wrong person gets killed, either. I think all humans have value to God, and I think all humans should have every opportunity to repent and be saved.

most death row inmates have decades before the switch is flipped.

plenty of time to repent and be saved.

Right now there isn't much of one. There's an ongoing investigation that "may" have some relation to three executed people and four on death row. May not have any bearing on them either. But they should put a moratorium in until they find out.
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.....let's just ignore the fact there're law-enforcement folks & prosecutors who take a few liberties, when Life In Prison or Death are the final-verdict.

It's kinda like Constitutional Rights, where.....when Homeland Security was first-invented, there were those who suggested some Rights were being jeopardized/suspended (for "security"-reasons), and more-"conservative" people insisted "If you're doing nothing wrong, what're you worried-about????"

:rolleyes:

most death row inmates have decades before the switch is flipped.

plenty of time to repent and be saved.
Ah, yes.....especially since "conservatives" are such big fans o' unlimited-appeals (you know....because they're such big fans o' justice for those-people).....right?

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.....let's just ignore the fact there're law-enforcement folks & prosecutors who take a few liberties, when Life In Prison or Death are the final-verdict.​

You should read the sources you link too. An investigation, does not a guilty party make. It seems like you would be all for 'innocent until proven guilty,' but when it comes to these North Carolina crime labs you're taking the completely opposite view. Why is that?​

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.....let's just ignore the fact there're law-enforcement folks & prosecutors who take a few liberties, when Life In Prison or Death are the final-verdict.​

You should read the sources you link too. An investigation, does not a guilty party make. It seems like you would be all for 'innocent until proven guilty,' but when it comes to these North Carolina crime labs you're taking the completely opposite view. Why is that?​

Not at all! Everyone deserves their day-in-Court.....but, when someone (who's supposed to be a professional) falsifies/misrepresents evidence.....that could lead to an execution....the line between criminal/agent-of-the-Court gets MORE-than-blurred!!!!

The perk of the death penalty. They're dead. End of.

If I was Gunny, I'd sentence Mrs to cyber death. But he's a lot nicer than I am.

Not at all! Everyone deserves their day-in-Court.....but, when someone (who's supposed to be a professional) falsifies/misrepresents evidence.....that could lead to an execution....the line between criminal/agent-of-the-Court gets MORE-than-blurred!!!!

According to the OP, that is all conjecture. One analyst may have withheld some evidence, and all cases in North Carolina which used blood tests to arrive at a verdict (i.e. virtually all of them) are under investigation. However, it is a wide chasm between investigating whether they falsified or misrepresented evidence... And actually have done it.

At the end of the day, I'd be much more impressed with a verdict... Instead of your and the Newsobserver's shallow sensationalism.​

You should read the sources you link too. An investigation, does not a guilty party make. It seems like you would be all for 'innocent until proven guilty,' but when it comes to these North Carolina crime labs you're taking the completely opposite view. Why is that?

According to the OP, that is all conjecture. One analyst may have withheld some evidence, and all cases in North Carolina which used blood tests to arrive at a verdict (i.e. virtually all of them) are under investigation. However, it is a wide chasm between investigating whether they falsified or misrepresented evidence... And actually have done it.
Yeah....right....what're the chances, huh?

Mistakes happen, right? :rolleyes:

You folks with limited points-o'-reference....much like any Teabagger who (just) recently discovered politics....need to keep your opinions in-check.....until you know what-the-Hell you're talkin'-about.

Just because you agree with your chosen-majority, doesn't make you right.....or, anywhere NEAR right!!!

Mr. Shaman - so far your posts have been the most unreasonable and ad hom laden of any in the thread. if anyone is demonstrating a limited intellect or frame of reference, it is you. Seems like someone else sharing your viewpoint could present the case in a more intelligent fashion.

Given the questions that arise as a result of the investigation, a moratorium is in order. It make no sense to carry out any executions with this question lingering. Of course, given the possibility of mistake, capital punishment should be severely limited or abolished to begin with.

Unless you're sitting on any other sources, there is no evidence of mistakes beyond one staffer. Please don't respond, again, unless you are willing to show additional evidence of mistakes beyond one individual or you're willing to admit that this lab is perfectly innocent until proven guilty.

You folks with limited points-o'-reference....much like any Teabagger who (just) recently discovered politics....need to keep your opinions in-check.....until you know what-the-Hell you're talkin'-about.

Where is your evidence? I see your OP has only referenced one analyst.

Just because you agree with your chosen-majority, doesn't make you right.....or, anywhere NEAR right!!!

Just because you disagree with your chosen majority, doesn't make your right or, anywhere near right.

Unless you're sitting on any other sources, there is no evidence of mistakes beyond one staffer. Please don't respond, again, unless you are willing to show additional evidence of mistakes beyond one individual or you're willing to admit that this lab is perfectly innocent until proven guilty.

Where is your evidence? I see your OP has only referenced one analyst.

Just because you disagree with your chosen majority, doesn't make your right or, anywhere near right.

So.....until these issues are settled.....we should carry-on as "conservatives".....and, pretend no innocent-people could POSSIBLY have been executed, before 1973????

:confused:

Given the questions that arise as a result of the investigation, a moratorium is in order. It make no sense to carry out any executions with this question lingering. Of course, given the possibility of mistake, capital punishment should be severely limited or abolished to begin with.
ooooooooooooooooooooooooo.....a more intelligent fashion!!!

Is that the atta-boy your ego required?

Forum List

Back