The People Who Organized Occupy Wall Street Are Now Suing Each Other

This is such a big delicious slice of Schandenfreude! The OWS moonbats are suing each other over ownership of the Twitter account. Bwahahaha!

Weren't they supposed to be anti private property and stuff?

Considering how the head organizers hung out in luxury hotels instead of the fetid tent swamp...I guess this descent into who gets control of the assets is all too predictable.

Activists who organized the dormant Occupy Wall Street movement are suing another activist for control of the main Twitter account, and one of the plaintiffs says there was no other option but to turn to litigation to solve the dispute.

The conflict centers around @OccupyWallStNYC, one of the main Twitter feeds that distributed information during the movement’s heyday in 2011. The OWS Media Group filed a lawsuit against organizer Justin Wedes on Wednesday, which is also the third anniversary of the beginning of Occupy Wall Street. The group, led by activist Marisa Holmes, is seeking control of the Twitter account as well as $500,000 in damages.

The Twitter account, which used to be shared among several activists, is now under the control of Wedes, who explained his decision to take over the Twitter feed in a blog post in August:

"A thread about “self-promotion” became just another shaming session. If we start from a place of assuming bad intentions – i.e. discouraging “self-promotion” over encouraging solid, relevant content – we will end up with rules that shame rather than empower. Group members took on the task of limiting others to “1 to 2 tweets per day” (or week) on a topic, a form of censorship that would never have been allowed in the earlier days of the boat. I had to say enough!"...

Thank you for brightening my day!!!

I never paid any attention to them. The fact that they aren't aware there isn't an American owned bank within miles of Wall Street points to general ignorance and 'Stuck In The '60's' dumbassery, not to mention they should be 'Occupying Greenwich, Conn.', where their alleged 'targets, PE and hedge fund types, actually live if they want to cause any inconvenience to those looting the economy. Of course, those people generally commute by helicopter these days, so all they would really accomplish is annoying their maids and gardeners trying to get to work.

Last edited:
This is such a big delicious slice of Schandenfreude! The OWS moonbats are suing each other over ownership of the Twitter account. Bwahahaha!

Weren't they supposed to be anti private property and stuff?

Considering how the head organizers hung out in luxury hotels instead of the fetid tent swamp...I guess this descent into who gets control of the assets is all too predictable.

Activists who organized the dormant Occupy Wall Street movement are suing another activist for control of the main Twitter account, and one of the plaintiffs says there was no other option but to turn to litigation to solve the dispute.

The conflict centers around @OccupyWallStNYC, one of the main Twitter feeds that distributed information during the movement’s heyday in 2011. The OWS Media Group filed a lawsuit against organizer Justin Wedes on Wednesday, which is also the third anniversary of the beginning of Occupy Wall Street. The group, led by activist Marisa Holmes, is seeking control of the Twitter account as well as $500,000 in damages.

The Twitter account, which used to be shared among several activists, is now under the control of Wedes, who explained his decision to take over the Twitter feed in a blog post in August:

"A thread about “self-promotion” became just another shaming session. If we start from a place of assuming bad intentions – i.e. discouraging “self-promotion” over encouraging solid, relevant content – we will end up with rules that shame rather than empower. Group members took on the task of limiting others to “1 to 2 tweets per day” (or week) on a topic, a form of censorship that would never have been allowed in the earlier days of the boat. I had to say enough!"...

Thank you for brightening my day!!!

My pleasure! It brightened my day too!

The people who started OWS were not the bums and losers in the media. Many worked at places like Wall Street

They were spoiled brats, thugs, and anarchists.
Yup, losers of "life's lottery" who wanted someone else to pay for their shit decisions. Some of the "I am the 99%" selfies with the sob story on cardboard made me want to send them ricin covered cookies.
Idle yet bizarre threats from an internet nobody?

OMFG somebody call Bill O'Reilly -- quick!

OWS was an ineffective movement, much like the riots were in the UK. If they actually had their own political party and tried to enter politics they would have been more effective, as the US needs a third party. But OWS rage quit, and it is as if they were never there.
Please, Occupy would have been taken over by the powers that be -- just like the Tea Party was.

There was no way in HELL the Occupy movement could have gotten a consensus on something as simple as a party affiliation. Occupy was made up of all kinds of people who had a shared interest or two, but had much more in opposition than in common

Forum List

Back