The People Get It, The Parties Don't

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Annie, Jun 15, 2006.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Seems there is more and more dissent within both parties, I am going to be very surprised if there isn't a new party on the horizon soon. When I read pieces like this, I remember why I've voted nearly consistently GOP for many years.

Then I read about Hastert's million, look at the administration's plays with immigration, gay marriage amendments and I get all pissed off again:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2006/06/why_i_left_the_left.html

2. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    pretty good read. I think thats where alot of people are headed from the Democrats. Either Democrats will become the ultra Hardcore Left and a new party will form for moderate Dems or the Hardcore will leave the party and start their own radical party.

Unfortunately i see the same for Republicans. Republicans are becoming more and more moderate by the day. There is a great majority that dont embrace the wishy washy views of the politicians. While i doubt everyone would up and become a libertarian, there will be a big backlash if something isnt done about immigration and spending. I dont think that will mean starting a new party but there will be major splits over ideology. Even Rush and Hannity have been extremely critical of the Repubs (which they do throw some criticism here and there, they often don't level these types of attacks on Republicans).

3. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Yep, that's why I think within 12 years or so, there will be another party.