The Pelosi premium...

FYI

Nancy did NOT stop anyone from voting, Charles.

The Republicans did.

They filbustered to prevent the energy bill from being voted upon, because the bill before their consideration did NOT include drilling provisions that the R's wanted.

That is a blatant Lie. The republicans Filibustered because Nancy refused to allow and Up or Down Vote on Expanded drilling. You can color it how ever you want bud, Fact is Nancy is standing in the way of a vote she knows she can not win.

That is a blatant Lie. The republicans Filibustered because Nancy refused to allow and Up or Down Vote on Expanded drilling. You can color it how ever you want bud, Fact is Nancy is standing in the way of a vote she knows she can not win.

Shes kind of earned that perogative...and I agree with her. No Lame duck group of shmucks should have a say so in laying the ground work for a policy in energy, especially when they did NOTHING over the last 4-6+ years.. Kudos Nancy.. keep up the good work... btw.. how many times did pubs use the same tactics? How many unofficial hearings were Democrats forced to have in the basement? We are roughly six months away from the need for obstructionist policies.

you need to stop thinking people lie when they tell you things you don't like.

why should she have given them an up or down on drilling? Did the repubs do that for the dems for 6 years? That's politics. Tough....

The repubs filibustered for drilling ....

now why do you think they're so anxious to do that now?

hint: they know they're screwed after November, at least in Congress, and they want to make sure the oil companies pull out the last drop of money...

don't you wonder why McCain's position changed at about the time he got $313,500 from the Hess Oil folk?

N.Y. couple’s donations to McCain raise questions - BostonHerald.com

That makes about 1.2 million from the oil industry for the Hess Express....

And just on a purely sociological note, and this IS surmise.... I have nothing to back it up, but don't you think there's something really creepy about Baby Bush trying to undo all of his Daddy's stuff? First he went to Baghdad which Daddy didn't because he was smart enough not to; now he's determined to get rid of his Daddy's offshore drilling prohibitions...

some weird psychological stuff going on there.

no.

amendments were NOT ALLOWED to the energy bill. Republicans wanted to be able to add such things, which never made it through the committee creating the energy bill for the house to vote on in the first place, from my understanding Charles? thus the protest, i believe?

i was showing where scientists said species were rapidly becoming extinct due to human activity. those includes many activities, not just drilling. the problem is the actual use of the fuels which caused pollution, etc. and nowhere did anyone say we should kill off ourselves so other species can live. but we can live and be more environmentally friendly. like paris hilton said, drill with environmental safeguards :redface:
but thats just one example.

I don't think the Republicans or anyone else that is reasonable is saying that enviromental standards shouldn't be upheld, just that they should be allowed to drill.

no.

amendments were NOT ALLOWED to the energy bill. Republicans wanted to be able to add such things, which never made it through the committee creating the energy bill for the house to vote on in the first place, from my understanding Charles? thus the protest, i believe?

I think the bipartisan proposal looks pretty sound, hopefully Pelosi feels the pressure and allows a vote on it. Maybe she will come back from her planet saving crusade. Don't know if anyone heard about this, she was traveling the world sabotaging offshore drilling platforms, to save the planet?.....LOL
While Obama was in Hawaii healing the planet and causing the ocean levels to recede....LOL

Last edited:
your negative impact statement sure sounds stupid. would you like to elaborate? i ask because nature is in a state of balance. if everything had a negative impact, nature would be destroying itself. or are you saying something different?

youre right, i dont know the rate. i let the scientists do that work for me. and yes, extinction happened before us and will happen after us, but the scientists say it is happening a hell of a lot faster due to the actions of humans. i dont dismiss what the phd says because i dont agree with it.

Let's just say we are making the planet more and more "uninhabitable" for us. So what? We will go extinct some day just like the dinosaurs did. I fail to see that as a problem. And the dinos lasted about 130,000,000 years, we've been around maybe 3,000,000 or so... So we've got a way to go yet.

you need to stop thinking people lie when they tell you things you don't like.

why should she have given them an up or down on drilling? Did the repubs do that for the dems for 6 years? That's politics. Tough....

The repubs filibustered for drilling ....

now why do you think they're so anxious to do that now?

hint: they know they're screwed after November, at least in Congress, and they want to make sure the oil companies pull out the last drop of money...

don't you wonder why McCain's position changed at about the time he got $313,500 from the Hess Oil folk?

N.Y. couple’s donations to McCain raise questions - BostonHerald.com

That makes about 1.2 million from the oil industry for the Hess Express....

And just on a purely sociological note, and this IS surmise.... I have nothing to back it up, but don't you think there's something really creepy about Baby Bush trying to undo all of his Daddy's stuff? First he went to Baghdad which Daddy didn't because he was smart enough not to; now he's determined to get rid of his Daddy's offshore drilling prohibitions...

some weird psychological stuff going on there.

Funny thing is the bill she is refusing to allow a vote on is a hard-crafted BIPARTISAN bill that will easily PASS if voted on. A lot of her own party fully support it. In the end we are going to have it a lot of it all, the Repubs will get their drilling and relaxed nuclear power standards and the Dems will get their tax incentives for wind and other green stuff.......which is what we really need...all of it...or we will not get anything that crisis will just get worse.

the offshore lifting of the moratorium areas can be debated and voted on ALONE as a separate bill....

this is how it should be voted on, so that nothing else gets in the way of this issue and they can be "smart" about it....

THEN SEE who really supports it when voted on, if it passes great, if it doesn't great...

the offshore lifting of the moratorium areas can be debated and voted on ALONE as a separate bill....

this is how it should be voted on, so that nothing else gets in the way of this issue and they can be "smart" about it....

THEN SEE who really supports it when voted on, if it passes great, if it doesn't great...

But when dems add things to Republican bills then they should be voted on with the additions, got ya Care, can we say partisan?

But when dems add things to Republican bills then they should be voted on with the additions, got ya Care, can we say partisan?

ummmmm, please...explain yourself, please link up how the Republicans when controlling congress for the previous 6 years let all of "this Dem stuff" get in to their agenda and bills that they brought up....

Let's just say we are making the planet more and more "uninhabitable" for us. So what? We will go extinct some day just like the dinosaurs did. I fail to see that as a problem. And the dinos lasted about 130,000,000 years, we've been around maybe 3,000,000 or so... So we've got a way to go yet.

go put a golf club through your TV. it will break eventually, so it doesnt matter if you break it now.

stop maintaining your car. it will break down eventually, so why dont you save your money now and not get oil changes or tuneups.

go jump off a cliff. you will die eventually, so it doesnt matter if you kill yourself off early.

go put a golf club through your TV. it will break eventually, so it doesnt matter if you break it now.

stop maintaining your car. it will break down eventually, so why dont you save your money now and not get oil changes or tuneups.

go jump off a cliff. you will die eventually, so it doesnt matter if you kill yourself off early.

So do you really really think your car is comparable to the enviroment?
Or your TV, or committing suicide?

Evidently Pelosi says F@#k the enviroment.....
TheHill.com - Pelosi indicates openness to offshore drilling vote
Republicans, reacting to high gas prices, have demanded a vote on additional oil exploration in the Outer Continental Shelf, where drilling is currently blocked by a moratorium. Until now, Pelosi (D-Calif.) has resisted the idea as a “hoax.” But in an interview on CNN’s Larry King Live, she indicated that she was open to a vote.

Seems as though the poll numbers have gotten to her...

do you really want to ruin the environment just to keep your car and tv?

stupid question

Last edited:
do you really want to ruin the environment just to keep your car and tv?

stupid question

:clap2: way to deflect. It doesn't change the fact you were comparing throwing a golf club through your TV screen and destroying the enviroment through drilling and other human activity. The difference between the two is that one is completely under your control(TV) while the environment is only remotely controllable.

:clap2: way to deflect. It doesn't change the fact you were comparing throwing a golf club through your TV screen and destroying the enviroment through drilling and other human activity. The difference between the two is that one is completely under your control(TV) while the environment is only remotely controllable.

you deflected as well. thats why you asked a stupid question. ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer

you deflected as well. thats why you asked a stupid question. ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer

It was a legit question, what you did is called a false analogy.

False analogy is an informal fallacy applying to inductive arguments. It is often mistakenly considered to be a formal fallacy, but it is not, because a false analogy consists of an error in the substance of an argument (the content of the analogy itself), not an error in the logical structure of the argument.
False analogy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In an analogy, two concepts, objects, or events proposed to be similar in nature (A and B) are shown to have some common relationship with another property. The premise is that A has property X, and thus B must also have property X (due to the assumed similarity of A and B). In false analogies, though A and B may be similar in one respect (such as color) they may not both share property X (e.g. size). [1] Thus, even if bananas and the sun appear yellow, one could not conclude that they are the same size. Many languages have culturally idiosyncratic idioms for invalid analogies or comparisons. Such false analogies are likened to "comparing apples and oranges" in English and to "comparing apples and péars"[2] in Dutch. In Serbian, a false analogy is likened to "comparing grandmothers and frogs."[citation needed]

It was a legit question, what you did is called a false analogy.QUOTE]

the anaology i gave had the exact same line of thinking as whatever poster used to show his level of care for the environment. i wasnt saying a tv is the same as the planet with respect to ownership, and that is obvious.

Forum List

Back