The Pelosi premium...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jreeves, Aug 5, 2008.

1. jreeves

jreeves Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +315
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5UYNX_XGQA&feature=related]YouTube - The Pelosi Premium[/ame]

Now she's decided she's going to save the planet...:cuckoo:
    Pelosi: 'I'm trying to save the planet' - David Rogers - Politico.com
    With fewer than 20 legislative days before the new fiscal year begins Oct. 1, the entire appropriations process has largely ground to a halt because of the ham-handed fighting that followed Republican attempts to lift the moratorium on offshore oil and gas exploration. And after promising fairness and open debate, Pelosi has resorted to hard-nosed parliamentary devices that effectively bar any chance for Republicans to offer policy alternatives.

“I’m trying to save the planet; I’m trying to save the planet,” she says impatiently when questioned. “I will not have this debate trivialized by their excuse for their failed policy.”
    And after promising fairness and open debate, Pelosi has resorted to hard-nosed parliamentary devices that effectively bar any chance for Republicans to offer policy alternatives.

“I respect the office that I hold,” she says. “And when you win the election, you win the majority, and what is the power of the speaker? To set the agenda, the power of recognition, and I am not giving the gavel away to anyone.”

2. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,618
    Saving the planet does seem like a good idea.

After all, we might need it someday.

3. DiamondDave

DiamondDave Army Vet

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,816
    Kind of egotistical to think that we have the power to destroy this planet... this planet will go on with like and continue to cycle itself long after we're gone... the planet don't need "saving"

But then again... uber-libs like Pelosi are so big headed with delusions of grandeur, this is actually not a real shock

4. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,847
    Destroy the planet? Perhaps not. Make it uninhabitable, easily.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2008
  5. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,618

Kind of childishly pendant of you to pretend that you thought that when nancy used the term "saving the plant" in that context, they implied anything other than saving it from becoming uninhabitable for us and our way of life, isn't it?

Or were you just trying to be ironicly amusing?

6. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,993
    Well except for the whole concept that there is no evidence we are doing any such thing as making the planet uninhabitable. But do drone on and advocate we all move into caves after we find a way to kill off about 5 and half billion people.

7. busara

busara wanasiasa wapumbava

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +87
    maybe not uninhabitable, but thousands of species have gone extinct or are close to it due to human activity. so humans are having a negative impact. probably not as much as the environuts would like us to believe, but still an impact. i wish christians would take a stand on environmental sustainability. it is what God called on them to do

8. DiamondDave

DiamondDave Army Vet

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,816
    1) MILLIONS upon MILLIONS have gone extinct without man
    2) Every living thing will have a negative impact on it's environment... the only way to have no impact is to be non-existent

9. busara

busara wanasiasa wapumbava

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +87

"That's sort of a 1 million to 4 million year process, and yet we are causing species to be lost at rates of 100 to 1000 times faster," he says.
    MPR: Species extinction rate speeding up

and 2 is completely false. ecosystems are sustainable. to say otherwise makes you look a fool. the exception is when invasive species or something outside the system interferes and changes it. like humans overfishing, or Nile Perch being put in lake victoria.

10. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,215

Republicans shut the Dems out of the process for 6 years. Fuck em. And they don't have any alternative policies. They just obstruct progress.