"The Pedophile’s Orientation"

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
Surprised to see this on a conservative site, but given the date, assume it's in response to HLN's show about it.

The Pedophile’s Orientation

Very lengthy piece so some excerpts:

"This is fascinating stuff. Repulsive, at first, but I think about what it must be like to live with this tormenting desire, but not be able to act on it, and I pity the man. We are more than our desires. This man needs people to help him bear his cross.

That said, it is worth considering how the way we think and talk about sexuality, desire, and identity in our culture blurs the lines for this man. He says he cannot help desiring who he does, and I believe him. He recognizes that his desire is disordered, and he needs help refraining from indulging it. This VirPed (his word) group is all about helping him live a moral life despite this hated disorder.

If Todd Nickerson’s desire was for people of the same sex, this piece would never have been published, obviously. There is a Catholic group called Courage, for gay men and women who want to live celibately, in obedience to Catholic teaching — and they are often criticized, even within the Church. In our contemporary culture, most people do not believe sexual desire towards someone of one’s own sex is disordered. Almost everybody believes sexual desire towards a child is disordered. Similarly, almost everyone believes sexual desire towards an animal is disordered."
"Neither does it answer the Christian’s argument that homosexuality, like pederasty, is a sin, to interpose the defense of “consent”. Many who are arrested and prosecuted as pederasts are done so for having sexual relations with underage teenagers, post-pubescent youths who are dealing with their own sexual feelings and frequently are not unwilling accomplices in another’s sexual activities. The reason “statutory rape” is prosecuted as a criminal offense is not that the minor has not given consent. The fact of actual consent is deemed irrelevant. Sexual conduct with minors is made a crime because society has made a judgment value that sex, like smoking and drinking, is something too dangerous for minors to indulge in, even when they are willing to do so and have a good understanding of what they are doing."

lots more at link along with what looks like lots of replies and comments to the piece.

Let me cut off the immature respondant's I expect to hear from. This was posted to a conservative website so obviously political wonks want to discuss the issue. Got a complaint tell it to them.

If Todd Nickerson’s desire was for people of the same sex, this piece would never have been published, obviously. There is a Catholic group called Courage, for gay men and women who want to live celibately, in obedience to Catholic teaching — and they are often criticized, even within the Church. In our contemporary culture, most people do not believe sexual desire towards someone of one’s own sex is disordered. Almost everybody believes sexual desire towards a child is disordered. Similarly, almost everyone believes sexual desire towards an animal is disordered."

With good reason. Sexual attraction toward a consenting adult is one thing. Sexual attraction towards children (and I am not including teenagers in the category of child) is vastly different.

Comparing the two as if they are equivalent is just fucked up.

Last edited:
Perhaps you didnt post it because you happened by it and feel political "wonks" want to discuss the issue, but instead posted it because you're an immature troll who likes to instigate shit...........just perhaps.

"most people do not believe sexual desire towards someone of one’s own sex is disordered. Almost everybody believes sexual desire towards a child is disordered."

it's not about labeling what is or is not "disordered" it's about protecting minors (and beasts) from harm because they don't have the capacity to consent. consenting adults are completely irrelevant to the discussion.

"I think about what it must be like to live with this tormenting desire, but not be able to act on it, and I pity the man. We are more than our desires. This man needs people to help him bear his cross."

:rolleyes: he simply needs to be kept away from minors...

Pedos need to be shot. Real pedos that prey on children. Not the 19 year old guy that sleeps with his 16-18 year old girlfriend.

What I'm finding curious is more and more media outlets are doing pedo-related stories. And not from the expected angle of wall-to-wall condemnation. Makes me wonder if there's something to people's spitballing there's a 'legalize pedophilia' agenda. This particular article on a conservative site even I'm familar with was very odd it's neutral pov.

Pedos need to be shot. Real pedos that prey on children. Not the 19 year old guy that sleeps with his 16-18 year old girlfriend.

That wouldn't even be pedophilia. Not even illegal for the most part. Pedophilia is if involving someone under 12 typically. Media misuses it seemingly very willingly though.

no, i think just more and more you are searching for any and every mention of pedos because you find it titillating.

With good reason. Sexual attraction toward a consenting adult is one thing. Sexual attraction towards children (and I am not including teenagers in the category of child) is vastly different.

Comparing the two as if they are equivalent is just fucked up.

Trouble is defining consenting adult. Piece goes into that. But I'd add that in the case of literal prepubescent children it's important that we make clear there is no reason to legally grant sexual staus to a child who hasn't reached puberty yet. It's the adult projecting their sexuality onto the child. Children will usually defer to adults and go along with their will so the law must interven and act as guardians as with keeping adults and children sexually-segregated. One's sexual, the other isn't.

What I'm finding curious is more and more media outlets are doing pedo-related stories. And not from the expected angle of wall-to-wall condemnation. Makes me wonder if there's something to people's spitballing there's a 'legalize pedophilia' agenda. This particular article on a conservative site even I'm familar with was very odd it's neutral pov.
I noticed that a little too but I dont think people are dumb enough legalize pedophilia. To me its like serial murderers. Yeah something may be mentally wrong with them but they are still a danger to society.

Trouble is defining consenting adult.

nope, the only ones having ''trouble'' with the current legal parameters are pedophiles and their creepy sympathizers...

Surprised to see this on a conservative site, but given the date, assume it's in response to HLN's show about it.

The Pedophile’s Orientation

Very lengthy piece so some excerpts:

"This is fascinating stuff. Repulsive, at first, but I think about what it must be like to live with this tormenting desire, but not be able to act on it, and I pity the man. We are more than our desires. This man needs people to help him bear his cross.

That said, it is worth considering how the way we think and talk about sexuality, desire, and identity in our culture blurs the lines for this man. He says he cannot help desiring who he does, and I believe him. He recognizes that his desire is disordered, and he needs help refraining from indulging it. This VirPed (his word) group is all about helping him live a moral life despite this hated disorder.

"Neither does it answer the Christian’s argument that homosexuality, like pederasty, is a sin, to interpose the defense of “consent”. Many who are arrested and prosecuted as pederasts are done so for having sexual relations with underage teenagers, post-pubescent youths who are dealing with their own sexual feelings and frequently are not unwilling accomplices in another’s sexual activities. The reason “statutory rape” is prosecuted as a criminal offense is not that the minor has not given consent. The fact of actual consent is deemed irrelevant. Sexual conduct with minors is made a crime because society has made a judgment value that sex, like smoking and drinking, is something too dangerous for minors to indulge in, even when they are willing to do so and have a good understanding of what they are doing."

lots more at link along with what looks like lots of replies and comments to the piece.

Let me cut off the immature respondant's I expect to hear from. This was posted to a conservative website so obviously political wonks want to discuss the issue. Got a complaint tell it to them.

Call me immature, but, someone needs to raid your living space....

Uh oh... Here it comes! I hope NSA and the FBI are monitoring this site!

I noticed that a little too but I dont think people are dumb enough legalize pedophilia. To me its like serial murderers. Yeah something may be mentally wrong with them but they are still a danger to society.

I can't imagine any event or circumstance which would lead to legalizing it. Not even Holland has. And they put it to a vote years back. Yet there's all these articles more and more it makes me wonder if groundwork or something is being laid with that the ultimate objective.

I can't imagine any event or circumstance which would lead to legalizing it. Not even Holland has. And they put it to a vote years back. Yet there's all these articles more and more it makes me wonder if groundwork or something is being laid with that the ultimate objective.
Sweet bleeding Jesus! I think that we are on the verge of some kind of announcement by somebody!

additionally, I don't have room to talk starting a thread about killing people if you could.. they are more likely after me......

Mother of God!

Mein Kampf
The Unibomber's Manifesto
The Pedophile's Orientation

additionally, I don't have room to talk starting a thread about killing people if you could.. they are more likely after me......
This is worse than killing people. At least if you kill somebody they do not have to live with consequences; they are "out of their misery", so to speak.

Forum List

Back