The pattern is set, history has spoken

Truthmatters

Diamond Member
May 10, 2007
In the lead up to the Great Depression which started with the 1929 crash there were years of completely Republican government headed by a president who insisted the market would take care of its self. The market did what it wanted and the people suffered drastically.

The people revolted and put in a democratic president and congress when doing nothing was killing Americans.

Then the econony was stimulated by a democratic government and the people recovered.

In the lead up to the Great Recession which started in 2006 with the with fall off in housing starts and massive home forecloseurs there was years of completely Republican government Headed by a president who insisted the market would take care of its self. The market did what it wanted and people suffered greatly.

The people revolted and put in a democratic congress and president when doing nothing was harming the American people.

The economy was stimulated by a democratic government and the economy began to recover.

This is why certain people hate higher education and smear any journalist that tells the facts without waiting to see how the republican party wants them edited before they report.

History has spoken folks and the idea that there are "Magic Markets" has been decimated.

Your ideas have failed repetedly in history.

Get some new ideas.

If you actually look back, the worst years of the great depression were 1933-34 and 1938.

And if you read contemporary accounts of the campaign of 1932, the big issue wasn't the depression, the big issue was prohibition.

In 2008 stocks began to crash when it became obvious that 0bama was going to win, and folks knew what he was.

In 1933 the really big smash began when folks began reading what Roosevelt was all about. Then the began to run on the banks.

This topic really belongs in Ravi's little list, but I just like playing in it.

And really, it doesn't matter what party is in power, what matters is the policy. And Fed policy both in 1929 and worse in 1933 and with less justification in 2008 was stupid. But we can't vote on the fed.

• Banned
If you actually look back, the worst years of the great depression were 1933-34 and 1938.
The first sign that things were fucked up and everyone knew it was with the 1929 crash. Hoover did too little too late to get any real effect. Then FDR came in and cranked up the investiments in the country. After a few years of success he was goaded into going back and balencing the budget by the clamour of the right. The economy began to tank again and the investments were reinstated and things began to look up again when the War caused even MORE investment in our military. Those are the facts my friend
And if you read contemporary accounts of the campaign of 1932, the big issue wasn't the depression, the big issue was prohibition. Because they wanted the relief and KNEW it would spur in the economy, The economy was the top issue.

In 2008 stocks began to crash when it became obvious that 0bama was going to win, and folks knew what he was.This is nothing more than partisan hackery and you shame yourself for trying to pass it off as reality. It was the the foreclosuer crisis that tanked the economy and every sane and honest person knows that.
In 1933 the really big smash began when folks began reading what Roosevelt was all about. Then the began to run on the banks.more partisan bullshit that does not comport with reality.

This topic really belongs in Ravi's little list, but I just like playing in it.

And really, it doesn't matter what party is in power, what matters is the policy. And Fed policy both in 1929 and worse in 1933 and with less justification in 2008 was stupid. But we can't vote on the fed.

You problem is that those years were years in which the government was completely controled by Rs. President, house and senate. Except the the senate in the 72nd congress had gone Dem.

The lead up to both massive economic messes had been created under entirely R government hell bent on the "Magic Market".

Last edited:
In the lead up to the Great Depression which started with the 1929 crash there were years of completely Republican government headed by a president who insisted the market would take care of its self. The market did what it wanted and the people suffered drastically.

The people revolted and put in a democratic president and congress when doing nothing was killing Americans.

Then the econony was stimulated by a democratic government and the people recovered.

In the lead up to the Great Recession which started in 2006 with the with fall off in housing starts and massive home forecloseurs there was years of completely Republican government Headed by a president who insisted the market would take care of its self. The market did what it wanted and people suffered greatly.

The people revolted and put in a democratic congress and president when doing nothing was harming the American people.

The economy was stimulated by a democratic government and the economy began to recover.

This is why certain people hate higher education and smear any journalist that tells the facts without waiting to see how the republican party wants them edited before they report.

History has spoken folks and the idea that there are "Magic Markets" has been decimated.

Get some new ideas.

You're kidding, right? :lol::lol::lol:

• Banned
You dont like history?

with your ideas track record I can see why.

• Banned
When will people stop backing failed ideas?

Why dont you just get some new ideas that work?

Get some new ideas.

"Get some new ideas?"

Um........you mean something better than Democracy? Better than regulated capitalism?

Is it your contention that there is a utopian market model?

Its pretty damned clear what I mean if you just bother to read the thread.

Unfettered caplitalism is a economy killer.

I want the anti regulation people to get some new ideas instead of just keep trying to kill our economy every few years with their failed ideas.

In 2008 stocks began to crash when it became obvious that 0bama was going to win, and folks knew what he was.

Wow!

You don't get a better perception of history than that one. Unique view of cause and effect.

I never realized Obama locked up the nomination in Sept 2007

Last edited:
Yeah I saw that one too but just didnt even bother to correct the history on it.

Some people will bend all the facts to fit their failed ideas.

i just cant really figure out what they think they gain for themselves in doing so.

Your ideas either work or they dont , when they obviously dont work WHY???????? would you continue to back them?

Wow!

You don't get a better perception of history than that one. Unique view of cause and effect.

I never realized Obama locked up the nomination in mid 2007

Even though Rightwing and I are fellow Obamabots.

I doubt either one of us could have predicted Obams meteoric rise to the presidency back in 2007. :cool:

Its pretty damned clear what I mean if you just bother to read the thread.

Unfettered caplitalism is a economy killer.

I want the anti regulation people to get some new ideas instead of just keep trying to kill our economy every few years with their failed ideas.

The American Economy has grown from almost nothing to the greatest in the world in only 200 years.

WTF are you complaining about? A few bumps in the road?

Get some new ideas.

Here's a new idea ... just wave your arms and proclaim your stupidity as loud as you can. Takes less reading and for once you'd be stating the truth with some fact to back it up.

And the bumps I talked about were there because the people in our government fucked up and then smart people had to step in and repair the damage.

The idea of unregulated markets is a failed idea.

Everytime we deregulate we get fucked until we reregulate.

You may be too dense to realize it and face facts but most people are capable of this.

Wow!
I never realized Obama locked up the nomination in mid 2007
Even though Rightwing and I are fellow Obamabots.
I doubt either one of us could have predicted Obams meteoric rise to the presidency back in 2007. :cool:

I know more than a few "bubbas" who voted for Obama in 2008, mostly because Bush rode the economy down and was clueless how to fix it.

Those same guys today will vote for whomever is on the GOP ticket. They are very unhappy with Obama's policies. Things are not improving, just look at the tracking poll.
Daily Presidential Tracking Poll - Rasmussen Reports™

Barry had better "stop digging" or he'll never stop the slide, and "bend the curve"

I see the right has only insults and lies to refute the histroy which is plain to see.

Gee I'm so surprized.

Forum List

Back