The path to bin Laden’s death didn’t start with Obama and other assorted thoughts

Trajan

conscientia mille testes
Jun 17, 2010
The Bay Area Soviet
so;

Link- The path to Osama bin Laden’s death didn’t start with Obama - The Washington Post

First- I was one of if not the first to congratulate Obama ( the forum was bombarded with almost simultaneous bulletins etc. that night) , here at USMB for taking out Bin Laden. It was not an easy decision, the blow-back could have been fierce ( ala April 1980, Eagle Claw, Carter) if; a) he wasn't there, b) the plan was jacked and failed c) it turned into a full blown man down Blackhawk type deal, ergo d) I am not one of those that thinks it was easy and he doesn’t deserve credit, he does and the rest is sour grapes, he got him, live with it and be glad we did…...

So now that the qualifying bullshit is out of the way…..a few points that have collected over the last;

a) The Dick Durbin’s investigation as to the destroyed Videos of the enhanced interrogation sessions and his accusations that Bush ordered it, were dead wrong. An apology is in order.

b) Pelosi was indeed told , face to face that water boarding was in use, on whom and what they got in the way of Intel. The media owes her lies air-time.

c) The seeds of intel that we later harvested, having grown into the hard intel that put Bin Laden where he was and how we knew it, were planted in the Bush years, period. This should be acknowledged by Obama. ( I won’t ask theta they acknowledge that intense techniques got this info. because I am not unrealistic, they never ever will just say yea, no water boarding, no intel, so asking them to jump thru a hoop I know they won’t isn’t really fair)

d) The wheat, doesn’t harvest itself. Obama had to give the go, he did, he gets the credit for that and gets to say so. Unlike many, I have no issue with someone using Bin Laden imagery to make a point as long as the point is apt and dignified.

HOWEVER; I do have an issue when they spoke against the very same, Hillary ran an ad where in Bin Laden was a member of a montage of bad people thru out the world, the message being you wanted Hillary to deal with these folks not her adversary at the time, Obama. Obama took offense at that ad and its use of the Bin Laden imagery, further the left and the msm took after Bush for his use of 9-11 imagery in 2004.

Obama has also made remarks more than once, as to ‘not spiking the football’ and then, spiking it repeatedly.

Now we have Rock Center and the Brian Williams special, where in they visit the situation room and a prime time hour of End Zonespikes. I am having a hard time imagining Eisenhower (D-Day) , Kennedy ( after the Missile Crisis) doing same, because, well, they didn’t.

Its only May 3……..whats he going to do, play this till Nov. 6?

I think the left conveniently forget that most of us on the right side of the aisle congratulated Obama that night.
I think it was awesome to know that Osama was finally caught and killed.

I did criticize them for giving Bin Laden a 'proper muslim' burial though. I didnt then, and still dont to this day know why we did that.
I thought that Bin Laden was acting outside the tenants of Islam when he ordered the attack.
How can he be a real Muslim if he committed such a horrible act.

Then there was the fact that we really had no proof of death other than our elected officials saying it really was true.
I have to take them at their word, because I really do put it past them to lie about it.

One other thing that really bugs me is how they deny that Bush era policies led to his eventual death. Without the enhanced interrogations I dont think we would have ever caught him.
Bush was responsible for all the bad things Obama had to deal with... why is he not given a little credit for saying 'go get him' and without him signing off on how to do it?

Osama's death should be one thing we can all come together on and say "WE did it".

Forum List

Back