The Party Without Values

GWBfan

May 26, 2004
Dallas, TX
Dennis Prager - Ya gotta love him! :clap: :clap:

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=41362

Why Democrats are tagged as the party without values

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: November 9, 2004
1:00 a.m. Eastern

© 2004 Creators Syndicate, Inc.

According to the New York Times, Arizona Gov. Janet Napolitano, reflecting on her party's recent losses in the presidential, Senate and House elections, asked: "How did a party that is filled with people with values – and I am a person with values – get tagged as the party without values?"

As one who was raised a Democrat and became a Republican only 10 years ago, I would like to answer Gov. Napolitano's question as honestly as she posed it.

Gov. Napolitano, your party does indeed have very many people with values in it. But the Democratic Party is no more representative of the average Democrat's values than the National Council of Churches is of the average Protestant's values. Both are far to the left of their membership.

Here is the Democratic Party as most Americans, including this John F. Kennedy liberal – a New York City born and raised, Jewish, Ivy League-educated intellectual who lives in Los Angeles – see it.

To most Americans, Michael Moore is a Marxist who has utter contempt for most of his fellow Americans, who goes abroad and tells huge audiences how stupid and venal his country is, and in his dishonest propaganda film, portrays the American military as callous buffoons. Yet, this radical was given the most honored seat at the Democratic Party convention in Boston, next to former President Jimmy Carter.

To most Americans, Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are race-baiting demagogues. Yet they are heroes to the Democratic Party. Most Americans do not see their country as the bigoted and racist nation regularly depicted by both black and white Democratic leaders.

To most Americans, a man who wears women's clothing to work is a pathetic person in need of psychotherapy. To the Democratic Party, he is a man whose cross-dressing is merely another expression of multiculturalism. The California Legislature, which is entirely controlled by Democrats, passed a law prohibiting any employer from firing a man who shows up to work wearing women's clothing.

To most Americans, Eminem is a vulgar nihilist who poisons young Americans' minds. To John Kerry he was a man whose anti-Bush hate video was worthy of endorsement.

To most Americans, obscenity-filled evenings should be restricted to R-rated films or a Las Vegas comedy act, not a major party's fund-raiser attended by its candidates for president of the United States. To Democrats, those who object to such evenings are regarded as judgmental, hypocritical and narrow-minded.

To most Americans, Hollywood stars are regarded as terrific to watch in films, but also as narcissistic ingrates when, between private jet trips to Cuba and Cannes, they express their contempt for traditional America. That the Democrats have a veritable monopoly on support from folks like Sean Penn and Robert "Castro-is-a-great-leader" Redford may give Democrats a heady feeling, but for tens of millions of Americans, it merely reinforces their belief that the Democratic Party shares Hollywood's values. Even the New York Times, in a post-election analysis, wrote of "the possibility that activist entertainers' fervent endorsements might have cost Mr. Kerry the election."

To most Americans, the American military is not only heroic – it is regarded as more important to safeguarding freedom than any other human institution, including the American Civil Liberties Union, the United Nations or the university, to cite three major Democratic Party affiliates. To virtually the entire Left, which includes the Democratic Party, the military is, at best, a necessary evil. Otherwise, the overriding doctrine is "Make love, not war." That is why Harvard still refuses to allow ROTC training – and it is unlikely that either of the Massachusetts senators even finds that wrong, let alone as reprehensible as most Americans do.

To most Americans, gays are fellow Americans who happen to be homosexual and who should be accorded the same respect any fellow American is accorded. But most Americans also believe that America should retain the millennia-old definition of marriage as man-woman. They regard liberal judges who take it upon themselves to redefine marriage with contempt. And these judges are identified with the Democrats.

Whatever their views on abortion and abortion rights, the vast majority of Americans view the abortion of a viable fetus-baby (partial-birth abortion) as immoral. The Democratic candidate and his fellow Democrats repeatedly voted against a ban on this practice.

Gov. Napolitano, I hope that this short list answers your question about how it is that your party has gotten tagged as "the party without values." Indeed, the real question, as this observer sees it, is how has this party retained so many people who have traditional American values?

GWBFan said:
To most Americans, Michael Moore is a Marxist who has utter contempt for most of his fellow Americans, who goes abroad and tells huge audiences how stupid and venal his country is, and in his dishonest propaganda film, portrays the American military as callous buffoons. Yet, this radical was given the most honored seat at the Democratic Party convention in Boston, next to former President Jimmy Carter.

Michael Moore, while I don't believe he has utter contempt for most of his fellow Americans, is a leftist radical who should not have been allowed to be where he was at the DNC. The organizers were trying to tap into Bush hatred and indictment when they did so, and it was regarded and invective and unintelligent by many Democrats, including this one.

GWBFan said:
To most Americans, Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are race-baiting demagogues. Yet they are heroes to the Democratic Party. Most Americans do not see their country as the bigoted and racist nation regularly depicted by both black and white Democratic leaders.

Which white Democratic leaders "regularly depict the nation as bigoted and racist"? I believe that Democrats just have high standards for eliminating racism from our country, accepting that it does exist and manifest itself too often. This isn't an indictment of Americans as a whole, but simply recognizing that a unified nation is a stronger nation.

GWBFan said:
To most Americans, a man who wears women's clothing to work is a pathetic person in need of psychotherapy. To the Democratic Party, he is a man whose cross-dressing is merely another expression of multiculturalism. The California Legislature, which is entirely controlled by Democrats, passed a law prohibiting any employer from firing a man who shows up to work wearing women's clothing.

"Women's clothing" is an arbitrary gender stigma. As long as someone is wearing presentable clothing in the work environment, I could care less if he's wearing a skirt. Why are women allowed to wear skirts and men are not? There's no functional rationale, its just what we're used to. Just because its customary doesn't make it right or completely necessary. I don't find this "pathetic" at all. Some people have less than straight-forward gender issues. This isn't a disease, its an abnormality, and there's nothing wrong with it, IMHO.

GWBFan said:
To most Americans, Eminem is a vulgar nihilist who poisons young Americans' minds. To John Kerry he was a man whose anti-Bush hate video was worthy of endorsement.

Eesh. Didn't know he endorsed Eminem. Bad Kerry, bad! This is akin to the Michael Moore DNC thing; poor judgement in doing what they thought was necessary to oust the President; anyone got a link to this endorsement?

GWBFan said:
To most Americans, obscenity-filled evenings should be restricted to R-rated films or a Las Vegas comedy act, not a major party's fund-raiser attended by its candidates for president of the United States. To Democrats, those who object to such evenings are regarded as judgmental, hypocritical and narrow-minded.

She made some hilarious jokes, but they were out of place at a DNC fundraiser, I guess. Kerry campaigns official position after the fact: "Our campaign has made it clear that those comments were inappropriate and crossed the line." Chad Clanton, Kerry spokesperson.

GWBFan said:
To most Americans, Hollywood stars are regarded as terrific to watch in films, but also as narcissistic ingrates when, between private jet trips to Cuba and Cannes, they express their contempt for traditional America. That the Democrats have a veritable monopoly on support from folks like Sean Penn and Robert "Castro-is-a-great-leader" Redford may give Democrats a heady feeling, but for tens of millions of Americans, it merely reinforces their belief that the Democratic Party shares Hollywood's values. Even the New York Times, in a post-election analysis, wrote of "the possibility that activist entertainers' fervent endorsements might have cost Mr. Kerry the election."

If you don't want to liten to them, don't listen to them. I rarely agree with them, and took particular satisfaction in seeing Sean Penn be ripped apart by "jaguars" in that Team America movie. There are Hollywood entertainers who express their GOP allegiance as well. Hell, they elected one. He's doing a good job, but he's practically a social Democrat.

GWBFan said:
To most Americans, the American military is not only heroic – it is regarded as more important to safeguarding freedom than any other human institution, including the American Civil Liberties Union, the United Nations or the university, to cite three major Democratic Party affiliates. To virtually the entire Left, which includes the Democratic Party, the military is, at best, a necessary evil. Otherwise, the overriding doctrine is "Make love, not war." That is why Harvard still refuses to allow ROTC training – and it is unlikely that either of the Massachusetts senators even finds that wrong, let alone as reprehensible as most Americans do.

The far left is anti military, by and large. The "entire left" is anything but. Hell, our presidential candidate served in Vietnam. This is a gross generalization and a function of the left being opposed to the Iraq war; doesn't make them *all* completely anti-military.

GWBFan said:
To most Americans, gays are fellow Americans who happen to be homosexual and who should be accorded the same respect any fellow American is accorded. But most Americans also believe that America should retain the millennia-old definition of marriage as man-woman. They regard liberal judges who take it upon themselves to redefine marriage with contempt. And these judges are identified with the Democrats.

How many people believe that gays should be allowed to have civil unions that are a-religious but offer the same governmental benefits as marriage? Anybody got the numbers? I think its stupid for gays to ask for "marriage" rights because "marriage" in the eye's of the Christian Church just AIN'T gonna happen. You don't "ammend" the bible, even if some think you should (e.g. homosexuality, slavery, etc.)

GWBFan said:
Whatever their views on abortion and abortion rights, the vast majority of Americans view the abortion of a viable fetus-baby (partial-birth abortion) as immoral. The Democratic candidate and his fellow Democrats repeatedly voted against a ban on this practice.

Completely disagree with anyone who supports partial -birth abortion. Do support abortion in the first trimester.

Cheers!

nakedemperor said:
Michael Moore, while I don't believe he has utter contempt for most of his fellow Americans, is a leftist radical who should not have been allowed to be where he was at the DNC. The organizers were trying to tap into Bush hatred and indictment when they did so, and it was regarded and invective and unintelligent by many Democrats, including this one.

Which white Democratic leaders "regularly depict the nation as bigoted and racist"? I believe that Democrats just have high standards for eliminating racism from our country, accepting that it does exist and manifest itself too often. This isn't an indictment of Americans as a whole, but simply recognizing that a unified nation is a stronger nation.

"Women's clothing" is an arbitrary gender stigma. As long as someone is wearing presentable clothing in the work environment, I could care less if he's wearing a skirt. Why are women allowed to wear skirts and men are not? There's no functional rationale, its just what we're used to. Just because its customary doesn't make it right or completely necessary. I don't find this "pathetic" at all. Some people have less than straight-forward gender issues. This isn't a disease, its an abnormality, and there's nothing wrong with it, IMHO.

Eesh. Didn't know he endorsed Eminem. Bad Kerry, bad! This is akin to the Michael Moore DNC thing; poor judgement in doing what they thought was necessary to oust the President; anyone got a link to this endorsement?

She made some hilarious jokes, but they were out of place at a DNC fundraiser, I guess. Kerry campaigns official position after the fact: "Our campaign has made it clear that those comments were inappropriate and crossed the line." Chad Clanton, Kerry spokesperson.

If you don't want to liten to them, don't listen to them. I rarely agree with them, and took particular satisfaction in seeing Sean Penn be ripped apart by "jaguars" in that Team America movie. There are Hollywood entertainers who express their GOP allegiance as well. Hell, they elected one. He's doing a good job, but he's practically a social Democrat.

The far left is anti military, by and large. The "entire left" is anything but. Hell, our presidential candidate served in Vietnam. This is a gross generalization and a function of the left being opposed to the Iraq war; doesn't make them *all* completely anti-military.

How many people believe that gays should be allowed to have civil unions that are a-religious but offer the same governmental benefits as marriage? Anybody got the numbers? I think its stupid for gays to ask for "marriage" rights because "marriage" in the eye's of the Christian Church just AIN'T gonna happen. You don't "ammend" the bible, even if some think you should (e.g. homosexuality, slavery, etc.)

Completely disagree with anyone who supports partial -birth abortion. Do support abortion in the first trimester.

Cheers!

Good responses! I don't agree with all of your thoughts, but your opinion is clearly based on rational thoughts. You're what a democrat SHOULD be! Can I refer my Michael Moore-freak friend of 20 years who won't speak to me since the election to you???
:clap: :clap:

the whole cross-dressing thing is more of a company dress-code issue than anything else.

I work for an insurance company, and we have certain types of clothing that we are allowed to wear. Men are restricted to polo shirts, golf shirts, khakis, typical 3-pc suits with ties, dress/casual shoes (no tennis shoes or sandals) etc.

women can dress in knee length skirts, blouses, knits, sweaters, khakis, and casual shoes as well. same goes for sandals, though we can get away with strappy-dress ones that aren't what you would wear to the beach.

we don't get casual fridays. and we can't have any tattoos showing-at all. hair must be neat and clean-cut. no dread-locks, no haircolor that is not one found naturally on humans (meaning pink, blue, green, etc.), and piercings must be limited to ears for women, and NONE on men.

a business has the right to tell it's employees how they must dress. THEY hired YOU under guidelines and terms that you would follow if hired. Don't wanna follow them? Well, look for another job then.

Really, would you take your insurance adjuster seriously if he had green hair and a nose ring? if you say yes, you are just saying that to be different, not that you really mean it.

dress how you want outside of work, but don't bitch and complain if a company won't hire you if you show up to the interview looking like you just stepped out of a Halloween parade.

Forum List

Back