CDZ The Party of Trump will be Gone some Day, what then?

Your complaint is not legitimate. THe "new GOP" ie, the base, is not radical.

IF all it takes for the "free world" to lose respect for US, is that we want to have policy that serves the interests of our citizens, then the problem is them, not US.

Whether the new GOP , the base, is radical or not, I don't see where there are enough other voters, moderate R's and moderate D's, to replace the base after the Party of Trump is told to "get lost"

The "party of Trump", is the Republican base. If the GOP leadership tells them to get lost, that is the end of the GOP, right there.

That's what I sort of figured as well.

But the OP put forward the proposition that it would be a smart move as it would bring back millions of Moderate Republicans, as well as Moderate Democrats, to reconstitute the GOP.

Yes, that makes no sense. None. Zippo. Nada. Not even a little bit. Big old fat ZERO.

The Party of Trump will be Gone some Day, what then?

It may happen in 2020, or Jan of 2021 or even Jan 2025 but it's going to happen. What then?
ivanka-trump-emails-colbert-kimmel.jpg

Actually, if you watched Archie Bunker at all you would figure out that ARchie was all mouth. When pushed came to shove, ARchie came through as a soft heart to everyone regardless of race, religion, etc.. My father was the same way. What you believe as "Archie Bunker" is such a small part of society. I am somewhat of a bigot as well but let me see a black child being mistreated, look out. children should never be subjected to any of this. The point is, we have to pick a point to start. Otherwise, we never get started. I choose to start now.

By insulting him. That is how you want to start. Or should I say, KEEP insulting him?

What you see as insults is not. It's just laying out the facts. ...]

What I see as insults are insults and smears. You are not just laying out the facts.

Do you mean that it's an insult to say that when Trump leaves office that there will no longer be a Party of Trump?

Your pretense of confusion over your insults is noted and dismissed as not credible.

"Archie Bunker" was a fictional character meant to represent the Regular Guy, American.

And you pretend to want to build up a "new" GOP with him, and you want to start by insulting him.

THat does not make much sense.

Hmm, I didn't insult him. I spoke the truth. My Father was like Archie Bunker and there was nothing really wrong with that. You just don't like it that you can't force me to say what you demand I say therefore, anything I say must be an insult. Wow, if that's all you got, it's going to be a hot time in hell for you in the next coming years.

many of the Moderate Ds are actually old Moderate Rs from yester year. You are playing R v D and not giving the general public credit. Give them a real Candidate and a solid Plank and they'll do what's right. Or you can keep giving them the radical pieces of crap and they'll keep doing what they have done for the last 40 years.

I don't you're right here. Do you really think that a lot of the Moderate D's are really just waiting for a Moderate R candidate to come down the pike and are ready to switch over?

What do you think happened then, in 2012, when the Republican Party put an All-Moderate ticket up for the people's consideration? And watched the Romney-Ryan ticket get throttled. Mitt was about as mild mannered a fellow as you could ever hope for. I don't think he referred to his extremist opponents in harsh terms even once.

As much as I like Romney, his baggage as a Businessman did him in. It didn't have anything to do with him being an R. It had to do with him hiring out as a hatchetman to shutdown and relocate businesses to overseas locations. He made billions or at least hundreds of Millions that way over a few years once he left being Governor. And please, don't embarrass yourself with Cite, Cite, Cite. I have better things to do. And he was running against a very popular sitting President. Had Romney ran again, I am confident he would have won. Afterall, all that baggage that Trump was dragging didn't stop him, only hillary got him the office. But the problem was, the small group of old white guys with white hair sitting in some small smoke filled room decided that they didn't want him. I think he would have done a bangup job in comparison over Trump. But Trump had already broke the Republican Party by then.

You will get probably get your wish, 2020 is Trump's last campaign. Romney may well run against if not this year, in 2024. If not him, Ryan and Kasich and the Bush Family are all still very much involved in politics and will get an opportunity to run for the GOP nomination, and if successful there, will have one last chance to show they have the right stuff to win.

I don't think Obama was as popular in 2012 as you remember, but he won't be around in the future.

They have too much tarnish on them from the party of Trump. Since they didn't stand up to him, saying, "I never knew him" won't cut it. It's going to have to be a new bunch. And we do have a say in the new bunch.

many of the Moderate Ds are actually old Moderate Rs from yester year. You are playing R v D and not giving the general public credit. Give them a real Candidate and a solid Plank and they'll do what's right. Or you can keep giving them the radical pieces of crap and they'll keep doing what they have done for the last 40 years.

There is nothing about Trump that is radical.

His platform has been border security and jobs.

That so many people, have gone hysterical about that, is about THEM being radical, not Trump.

This isn't about Trump. It's about reestablishing the old GOP when it was respected by the American Public and across the world. Okay, it wasn't like by the Soviet Union or any other screwball countries but the free world had a lot of respect for America. And don't tell me that Trump fits this criteria either. I am not pushing Democrats here. I am trying to have a GOP life after the party of Trump. We need to pick a point and start. I choose now.

What was radical was the GOP leadership thinking they had the right to rig the primary to control who won.

IF all it takes for the "free world" to lose respect for US, is that we want to have policy that serves the interests of our citizens, then the problem is them, not US.

Sorry, I don't give anyone free rides. That means I don't give Trump any free rides either. We all need to stop giving free rides by whether they have a R or a D after their names.

Yeah, that did not address my points.

Thus they stand.

What was radical was the GOP leadership thinking they had the right to rig the primary to control who won.

You don't have a viable point. You are a party of the Trump. You will just burn things to the ground when the time comes. But in the end, you will just go away. So your input has zero meaning at this point.

I made some suggestions and no one has found anything to counter them. I took them right out of the 1956 Republican Plank. The last real Fiscal Conservative Republican that ever served as President. And that is what should be discussed. Not you burning more bridges and lighting houses on fire.

I don't you're right here. Do you really think that a lot of the Moderate D's are really just waiting for a Moderate R candidate to come down the pike and are ready to switch over?

What do you think happened then, in 2012, when the Republican Party put an All-Moderate ticket up for the people's consideration? And watched the Romney-Ryan ticket get throttled. Mitt was about as mild mannered a fellow as you could ever hope for. I don't think he referred to his extremist opponents in harsh terms even once.

As much as I like Romney, his baggage as a Businessman did him in. It didn't have anything to do with him being an R. It had to do with him hiring out as a hatchetman to shutdown and relocate businesses to overseas locations. He made billions or at least hundreds of Millions that way over a few years once he left being Governor. And please, don't embarrass yourself with Cite, Cite, Cite. I have better things to do. And he was running against a very popular sitting President. Had Romney ran again, I am confident he would have won. Afterall, all that baggage that Trump was dragging didn't stop him, only hillary got him the office. But the problem was, the small group of old white guys with white hair sitting in some small smoke filled room decided that they didn't want him. I think he would have done a bangup job in comparison over Trump. But Trump had already broke the Republican Party by then.

You will get probably get your wish, 2020 is Trump's last campaign. Romney may well run against if not this year, in 2024. If not him, Ryan and Kasich and the Bush Family are all still very much involved in politics and will get an opportunity to run for the GOP nomination, and if successful there, will have one last chance to show they have the right stuff to win.

I don't think Obama was as popular in 2012 as you remember, but he won't be around in the future.

They have too much tarnish on them from the party of Trump. Since they didn't stand up to him, saying, "I never knew him" won't cut it. It's going to have to be a new bunch. And we do have a say in the new bunch.

Actually, all of those folks did stand up to Trump. The Bushes voted for Clinton and even banned him from their family funerals, Romney has been trashing Trump continuously, and Ryan's term as Speaker was sabotaging President Trump's plans every step of the way.

I don't know what else you'd want any of them to do

Whether the new GOP , the base, is radical or not, I don't see where there are enough other voters, moderate R's and moderate D's, to replace the base after the Party of Trump is told to "get lost"

The party of Trump is made up of only 36% of the Republicans right now. That's not a real high number. And many of those are just tagging along on the band wagon. Yes, there are some real dyed in the wool believers but most will move back to the moderate Republican if that is what is presented. As long as it has an R after it's name, that is. Then there is the real moderate Republicans that will vote democrat at time. Those are the ones that aren't represented by either party as are the real moderate Democrats. I happen to be an old Moderate Republican. But we have to present a decent candidate for a change. If not, the Dems will keep presenting the same old crap and they will get elected because there are more of the fringe Democrats than us. When the party of the Trump is gone the Republicans had better damn well toss out the old way and actually remember, "We the People".

Actually, all of those folks did stand up to Trump. The Bushes voted for Clinton and even banned him from their family funerals, Romney has been trashing Trump continuously, and Ryan's term as Speaker was sabotaging President Trump's plans every step of the way.

The Bushes will never be President again. So that doesn't count. Paul Ryan is a pretty good man. He might be a good choice but that's only one man. Romney change his complexion from Flesh Color to Orange and whatever credibility he had for later on is gone. My pick out of those would be Paul Ryan. But that is just one candidate. Where are you going to get the rest? Out of all the Candidates that were on that stage, only Paul Ryan tried to do the right thing and it bit him in the ass. Maybe Kasich but he's pretty weak. I might go for a Ryan/Kasich ticket though for 2024. Too bad Trump won't step down and we can't have that for 2020 where it would be a slam dunk.

The Bushes will never be President again. So that doesn't count. Paul Ryan is a pretty good man. He might be a good choice but that's only one man. Romney change his complexion from Flesh Color to Orange and whatever credibility he had for later on is gone. My pick out of those would be Paul Ryan. But that is just one candidate. Where are you going to get the rest? Out of all the Candidates that were on that stage, only Paul Ryan tried to do the right thing and it bit him in the ass. Maybe Kasich but he's pretty weak. I might go for a Ryan/Kasich ticket though for 2024. Too bad Trump won't step down and we can't have that for 2020 where it would be a slam dunk.

How did it "bite Ryan in the ass" at all? He was very successful at stymieing President Trump's legislative agenda in 17 and 18. A quick announcement of his plans not to seek reelection was a key part of it.

I happen to be an old Moderate Republican. But we have to present a decent candidate for a change. If not, the Dems will keep presenting the same old crap and they will get elected because there are more of the fringe Democrats than us. When the party of the Trump is gone the Republicans had better damn well toss out the old way and actually remember, "We the People".

Do you have anyone else in mind for 2020 or 2024 other than Paul Ryan? How about Weld, Sanford or Walsh who have thrown their hats into the 2020 race for the Republican nomination?

How did it "bite Ryan in the ass" at all? He was very successful at stymieing President Trump's legislative agenda in 17 and 18. A quick announcement of his plans not to seek reelection was a key part of it.

There are a few that bucked Trump that just politically went away. If you weren't in his camp you were a goner. Not anymore. That ended in 2018. And in 2020, he just might be a pariah. I know I wouldn't want Trump coming giving speeches for me if I were running.

I happen to be an old Moderate Republican. But we have to present a decent candidate for a change. If not, the Dems will keep presenting the same old crap and they will get elected because there are more of the fringe Democrats than us. When the party of the Trump is gone the Republicans had better damn well toss out the old way and actually remember, "We the People".

Do you have anyone else in mind for 2020 or 2024 other than Paul Ryan? How about Weld, Sanford or Walsh who have thrown their hats into the 2020 race for the Republican nomination?

it's sad that the old white guys in the small office decided to stack the republican election by canceling the Republican convention. You are right, you can add those 4 to the list. But first, Trump has to get out of the way and I think he's going to take the ship down with the captain. Any one of these 4 would have an even or better chance of being elected in 2020. With Trump, it's become a crap shoot.

The "party of Trump", is the Republican base. If the GOP leadership tells them to get lost, that is the end of the GOP, right there.

That's what I sort of figured as well.

But the OP put forward the proposition that it would be a smart move as it would bring back millions of Moderate Republicans, as well as Moderate Democrats, to reconstitute the GOP.

That is obviously wrong on many levels.

By insulting him. That is how you want to start. Or should I say, KEEP insulting him?

What I see as insults are insults and smears. You are not just laying out the facts.

Do you mean that it's an insult to say that when Trump leaves office that there will no longer be a Party of Trump?

Your pretense of confusion over your insults is noted and dismissed as not credible.

"Archie Bunker" was a fictional character meant to represent the Regular Guy, American.

And you pretend to want to build up a "new" GOP with him, and you want to start by insulting him.

Hmm, I didn't insult him. I spoke the truth. My Father was like Archie Bunker and there was nothing really wrong with that. You just don't like it that you can't force me to say what you demand I say therefore, anything I say must be an insult. Wow, if that's all you got, it's going to be a hot time in hell for you in the next coming years.

Sure you did. And those that he represented, can see that you are insulting them too.

There is nothing about Trump that is radical.

His platform has been border security and jobs.

That so many people, have gone hysterical about that, is about THEM being radical, not Trump.

This isn't about Trump. It's about reestablishing the old GOP when it was respected by the American Public and across the world. Okay, it wasn't like by the Soviet Union or any other screwball countries but the free world had a lot of respect for America. And don't tell me that Trump fits this criteria either. I am not pushing Democrats here. I am trying to have a GOP life after the party of Trump. We need to pick a point and start. I choose now.

Sorry, I don't give anyone free rides. That means I don't give Trump any free rides either. We all need to stop giving free rides by whether they have a R or a D after their names.

Yeah, that did not address my points.

Thus they stand.

You don't have a viable point. You are a party of the Trump. You will just burn things to the ground when the time comes. But in the end, you will just go away. So your input has zero meaning at this point.

I made some suggestions and no one has found anything to counter them. I took them right out of the 1956 Republican Plank. The last real Fiscal Conservative Republican that ever served as President. And that is what should be discussed. Not you burning more bridges and lighting houses on fire.

A job friendly trade policy and border security is hardly "burning things to the ground". To claim it is, is absurd.

That you have to mis-represent Trump's agenda, in order to bolster your conclusion, shows that your conclusion is wrong.

"The Party of Trump" is not the problem. It is the answer to America's problems.

It may happen in 2020, or Jan of 2021 or even Jan 2025 but it's going to happen. What then? Let's face it, you can't call the Party of Trump the Republican Party. The Republican Party is pretty much silent these days. When Trump leaves, it's going to leave a huge vacuum. Let's face it, a person like Trump only comes along once in a hundred years or so. Don't look for a replacement from the Party of Trump. There isn't one. It's one man. And when his time runs out, the Party is gone. The same thing happened to the Patriot Party with Perot.

So we need to rebuild the Republican Party. Where do we start? Obviously, there are going to be a lot of casualties in the process of those Rs that became staunch members of the Party of Trump and dare to call themselves Republicans. Some will weather it and others won't. I predict that the GOP would be forced to bring up an old hand for 2020 if Trump is out of the Picture and even in 2024 and that would be Paul Ryan. But that would not be a winner either. While I think it would be a good choice, the Trumpers will be seething and light the place on fire rather than vote for Paul Ryan. So even if Trump does go to 2024, the Republican Party is dead.

That means, it must be rebuilt for the 2028 year. And even then, there may still be enough of the hate and venom left that even 2028 may be a bad year for the Republicans. And I don't mean the Party of Trump which dies Politically when Trump leaves office. Like I said before, the party of Trump is one man and only one man and another one like him is not going to be seen for another hundred years in America.

What we need to do is start to rebuild now as a 3rd Party as the Republican Party. Call it "The New Republican Party" adopting the old GOP planks and ideologies. One of the other posters posted what the GOP once stood for and I hope he reposts it again here.

This isn't about the Democrat Party. It's about rebuilding the Republican Party back to the days it once was the Grand Old Party. Let the Democrat Party do whatever the hell it wants to do. But we need to rebuild back to the days of Ike.

Let's hear some constructive inputs on this one. Sorry, it's not about the party of Trump or the Democrat Party. It's about the rebuilding of the GOP to the time it earned the name of GOP.

GOP 1964 and resurrection.

More likely to witness a Democratic Party fragmentation
along Progressive vs Centrist lines.
Both claiming to be "liberal" of course.

Moi :26:

TaxCanada.jpg
Make Them Pay
Their Fair Share!

Sure you did. And those that he represented, can see that you are insulting them too.

If that is all you have to say, it's time to thin the gene pool a bit. Have a nice day.

It may happen in 2020, or Jan of 2021 or even Jan 2025 but it's going to happen. What then? Let's face it, you can't call the Party of Trump the Republican Party. The Republican Party is pretty much silent these days. When Trump leaves, it's going to leave a huge vacuum. Let's face it, a person like Trump only comes along once in a hundred years or so. Don't look for a replacement from the Party of Trump. There isn't one. It's one man. And when his time runs out, the Party is gone. The same thing happened to the Patriot Party with Perot.

So we need to rebuild the Republican Party. Where do we start? Obviously, there are going to be a lot of casualties in the process of those Rs that became staunch members of the Party of Trump and dare to call themselves Republicans. Some will weather it and others won't. I predict that the GOP would be forced to bring up an old hand for 2020 if Trump is out of the Picture and even in 2024 and that would be Paul Ryan. But that would not be a winner either. While I think it would be a good choice, the Trumpers will be seething and light the place on fire rather than vote for Paul Ryan. So even if Trump does go to 2024, the Republican Party is dead.

That means, it must be rebuilt for the 2028 year. And even then, there may still be enough of the hate and venom left that even 2028 may be a bad year for the Republicans. And I don't mean the Party of Trump which dies Politically when Trump leaves office. Like I said before, the party of Trump is one man and only one man and another one like him is not going to be seen for another hundred years in America.

What we need to do is start to rebuild now as a 3rd Party as the Republican Party. Call it "The New Republican Party" adopting the old GOP planks and ideologies. One of the other posters posted what the GOP once stood for and I hope he reposts it again here.

This isn't about the Democrat Party. It's about rebuilding the Republican Party back to the days it once was the Grand Old Party. Let the Democrat Party do whatever the hell it wants to do. But we need to rebuild back to the days of Ike.

Let's hear some constructive inputs on this one. Sorry, it's not about the party of Trump or the Democrat Party. It's about the rebuilding of the GOP to the time it earned the name of GOP.

GOP 1964 and resurrection.

More likely to witness a Democratic Party fragmentation
along Progressive vs Centrist lines.
Both claiming to be "liberal" of course.

Moi :26:

View attachment 300527
Make Them Pay
Their Fair Share!

By today's standards and definitions, both were a little liberal. But the Reps were a bit more conservative. Thats the year that the GOP ran off a whole bunch of closet JBS campaign workers and staff due them being just way too much fruitcakes. There AREN"T an Commie behind every tree.

If that is all you have to say, it's time to thin the gene pool a bit. Have a nice day.

Please recall that you posted this thread in the Clean Debate Zone.

The premise of your op, is that the Trump voters, are basically bad people.

That is an insult. It is silly of you to pretend it is not.

It is also, incorrect. There is nothing wrong, with wanting better trade and immigration policy, (which were the issues that drove Trump's rise)

Your smears are very rude and in the clean debate zone, very inflammatory.

Forum List

Back