The Party of No

noonereal

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2009
I was wondering where the GOP campaign slogan to subvert the country came from.
The war on drug employees the slogan, "Just say no" but that is not the same.
Then it hit me, "NO!" is taken from a young child's vocabulary when the child is unable to offer any insight and simply wants attention and does not know nor care about the consequences.

Then it hit me, "NO!" is taken from a young child's vocabulary when the child is unable to offer any insight and simply wants attention and does not know nor care about the consequences.

please don't drip irony on the other posts.

thanks!

I keep asking this. How can the Republicans effect ANY bill? There are 265 Democrats in the House, it only takes 218 to pass a bill, there are 59 Democrats in the senate with an additional 2 independents that vote Democratic, it only takes 51 votes to pass a bill in the senate. Perhaps YOU can explain it to me? No one else has.

How amusing, the DNC adopted the GoP solgan of a few years ago.

Yet another example of what I have said and will keep saying, they are the same, both in it for themselves at our expense.

Watch the add from a few years ago, notice how all they say is 'no'
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ohw-tzVbcbA]YouTube - Democrats Today. No Vision. No Plan. Not Your Party.[/ame]

I keep asking this. How can the Republicans effect ANY bill? There are 265 Democrats in the House, it only takes 218 to pass a bill, there are 59 Democrats in the senate with an additional 2 independents that vote Democratic, it only takes 51 votes to pass a bill in the senate. Perhaps YOU can explain it to me? No one else has.
Shutup, troll

The reality is that the only way the Dems have effectively total control of Congress. The Republicans are a non-entity at this point.

The Republicans are a non-entity at this point.
Exactly JB, which is why its halrious watching teh Dems give marching orders to blame protests on 'FOX news' and the GoP, which is powerless to stop anything.

The dems need only pass what they like, why isn't it happening?

Because DEMS oppose this, but the bag of tricks doesn't include attacking one's own side, so we are back to the tried and true 'blame the other guy' routine.

Perceptive observation

Politics is the art of getting ignorant people to think your simple solutons will solve their complex problems.

Now the Dems used to be the masters of this technique...like back int eh 50s and 60s

But now, especially since Rovian techniques were put into place, the Republicans are the masters of this sham technique for gtting elected.

Neither of these parties is worth the dynamite to blow them up, in my opinion.

Last edited:
The Republican party.. the party of KNOW is smart to say NOto the DUmmies!

That pretty much sums it up. The Republicans had the power and blew it. Now the marxist liberal wackos are running the country. Of course, they don't have to say "no" on anything since they have clear majorities. It would, however, be nice if they would actually read the bills they propose.

NO way will the dums be running the country, after the next election. how's that for NO??

Yes, many have addressed this very issue on the thread you started on this topic. Why are you fleeing from that thread and pretending no one has responded in a new one?

This seems VERY dishonest to me.

I think it is always MUCH easier to try to tear something down rather than build something up. It's difficult to come up with solutions, draft legislation, and work together to pass the very best bill possible.

It's easy to throw a tantrum.

Too bad we've elected many lawmakers (some from each party) who have chosen the easy route.

The ENCOURAGING part is that so many people are recognizing this, and voting accordingly.

Last edited:
The conservate Dems and the moderate Pubs hold the center, and they will be the ones to craft the majorities. The whacko lefties and the lunatic righties really have no power in the solutions, though both yell a lot. Look at Xenophon the Neo-Con and the silly Funny Gunny!

The conservate Dems and the moderate Pubs hold the center,

I tend to agree - I'm just looking around for those "moderate Pubs." They are getting harder and harder to find - that's why I left the party. I think I'll be an independent for the rest of my life now.

Either the Pubs build a consensus American party or they will remain in the wilderness.

The backfire of their screaming at the town hall meetings reveal just how much the American electorate despises the GOP.

The conservate Dems and the moderate Pubs hold the center, and they will be the ones to craft the majorities. The whacko lefties and the lunatic righties really have no power in the solutions, though both yell a lot. Look at Xenophon the Neo-Con and the silly Funny Gunny!
I thought I was kidding when I said you were of low IQ, but it appears I was correct.

Want to explain to the crowd how I'm a 'neocon' francis?

Go ahead, i'll wait.

Any time now...

well???

Forum List

Back