The Party of Extremists?

In my opinion, polls like this are meaningless. Continuing to promote the "my party isn't as crappy as your party" mindset is not what the foundation of this Republic is about.

With two weeks more or less before the election, it's not getting better than this.

That is a very weak retort. If "We The People" don't work on focusing on what is truly important, having debate about the legislative direction of this Republic, (as it pertains to the Constitution) instead of continuing to play political party football, who will?

and what do you think has been going on in the country the past year? More than that, they were sending bricks to Congress under Bush. Tea Bags under Obama, no one listened, now the whirlwind.

I don't think that Nov 3rd will end this, I expect in 2012 we may well see more turn overs in Congress, including many Republican seats. Will there be a 3rd party then? Really up to those in power until that time.

This "abortion" argument is a bunch of BS. And you gotta love how they sugar coat it with, A Woman's Right to Choose.

Nobody cares if a woman wants to go out and murder her own child.

People just don't want the Guberment with OUR TAX dollars funding it.

And I don't think I need to tell you who would wail the loudest if group plans stopped covering abortions because they were not tax deductible.

That's the game.

How many plans out there offer elective proceedures as a benefit?

The abortion benefit itself should be excised. Then we'd see who still offers it.

Sounds like you're saying people should pay for their abortion coverage separately, independent of the government-subsidized portion of their health insurance coverage.

Yet that can't be what you're saying because that's exactly the approach the ACA takes with respect to coverage in the exchanges. And if I'm reading post #8 correctly, you've rejected that approach as inadequate.

The abortion benefit itself should be excised. Then we'd see who still offers it.

Sounds like you're saying people should pay for their abortion coverage separately, independent of the government-subsidized portion of their health insurance coverage.

Yet that can't be what you're saying because that's exactly the approach the ACA takes with respect to coverage in the exchanges. And if I'm reading post #8 correctly, you've rejected that approach as inadequate.

The ACA directs that the premiums be separated. That's not inconsistent with what I'm saying.

The ACA directs that the premiums be separated. That's not inconsistent with what I'm saying.

Well, on the one hand it sounds like you're endorsing that approach. On the other hand, you said: "Taxpayer funded abortions is something Americans don't want. They had to lie about to pass their garbage health care bill."

So is it a lie to claim that this approach avoids taxpayer funding of abortions?

Abortion is really not on anyone's radar this election. This is just a deflection and an attempt to grasp at anything to create an issue. It fails.

Well, on the one hand it sounds like you're endorsing that approach. On the other hand, you said: "Taxpayer funded abortions is something Americans don't want. They had to lie about to pass their garbage health care bill."

So is it a lie to claim that this approach avoids taxpayer funding of abortions?

No, because exceptions are made for "danger of the life of the mother," which is a ruse.

that's pretty funny... coming from the party of the tea freaks.

you like bartering chickens for medical care, hon?

think that girls should be forced to carry a baby to term if they're raped or the vicim of incest?

niiiiiiiiice.

GEN_115_LR-3.jpg

Well that's unexpected!

POLL: Voters more likely to see Democrats as dominated by extremists - TheHill.com

POLL: Voters more likely to see Democrats as dominated by extremists
By Alexander Bolton - 10/14/10 06:00 AM ET

Likely voters in battleground districts see extremists as having a more dominant influence over the Democratic Party than they do over the GOP.

This result comes from The Hill 2010 Midterm Election Poll, which found that 44 percent of likely voters say the Democratic Party is more dominated by its extreme elements, whereas 37 percent say it’s the Republican Party that is more dominated by extremists.

The revelations in a survey of 10 toss-up congressional districts across the country point to problems for Democrats, who are trying to motivate a disillusioned base and appeal to independents moving to the GOP ahead of the Nov. 2 election...

The Hill 2010 Midterm Election Poll

That pretty much says it all.

Liberals, try to post there and see how many they actually post.

Then try to post something like, "Obama is a communist Nazi who eats kittens" and see how quickly it shows up.

think that girls should be forced to carry a baby to term if they're raped or the vicim of incest?

niiiiiiiiice.

GEN_115_LR-3.jpg

So Martha, if Republicans Privatize Social Security and end Medicare, Medicaid and repeal the minimum wage, what are you going to do?

Martha, "Move to China, live in a dorm and work for 88 dollars a month, or be a hooker, I haven't decided. The opportunities are endless".

Last edited by a moderator:
Most people understand being responsible and following the Constitution even if they don't always practice it. No wonder Democrats are seen as more extremist. Are we applying extremist to politics now? I thought it was a religious term. Can you guys make up your mind please.

niiiiiiiiice.

GEN_115_LR-3.jpg

So Martha, if Republicans Privatize Social Security and end Medicare, Medicaid and repeal the minimum wage, what are you going to do?

Martha, "Move to China, live in a dorm and work for 88 dollars an hour, or be a hooker, I haven't decided. The opportunities are endless".

Obamacare stole $500B from Medicare.

The minimum wage is not middle class.

Social Security is insolvent and has been stolenn from by government since the beginning. There is no trust fund. Reform it, or watch it crash.

Well that's unexpected!

POLL: Voters more likely to see Democrats as dominated by extremists - TheHill.com

Likely voters in battleground districts see extremists as having a more dominant influence over the Democratic Party than they do over the GOP.

This result comes from The Hill 2010 Midterm Election Poll, which found that 44 percent of likely voters say the Democratic Party is more dominated by its extreme elements, whereas 37 percent say it’s the Republican Party that is more dominated by extremists.

The revelations in a survey of 10 toss-up congressional districts across the country point to problems for Democrats, who are trying to motivate a disillusioned base and appeal to independents moving to the GOP ahead of the Nov. 2 election...

Well, that's what happens when you let the hateful rhetoric fly from the Grayson's. People don't like the hate that spews forth from the left. Watch their network for a day.I think Jillian works there.

Well that's unexpected!

Operative words: Battleground districts.

In other words, those districts where a stong tea party candidate is trying to unseat a Democrat? No surprises there at all that a "poll" in those districts would show such numbers. You need to read between the lines of these things.

niiiiiiiiice.

Well of course these are the people that will be voting in a couple weeks, the administration seems to think the way to win them over is labeling them hicks or terrorists. How's that working out?

Wasn't it a Republican candidate who put out a casting call for a bunch of guys who looked like hicks? Sorry, you people own that one.

niiiiiiiiice.

Well of course these are the people that will be voting in a couple weeks, the administration seems to think the way to win them over is labeling them hicks or terrorists. How's that working out?

Wasn't it a Republican candidate who put out a casting call for a bunch of guys who looked like hicks? Sorry, you people own that one.

I think you are referring to Obama and MTV?

Casting Call for Audience of Obama?s MTV Town Hall? - Political Punch

Casting Call for Audience of Obama’s MTV Town Hall?

October 08, 2010 9:45 AM

Miller ABC News' Sunlen Miller reports:

When President Obama sits down for his MTV town hall this Thursday, the audience of young people who will ask him questions will have been gathered by a casting call.

According to the casting call for the event from talent agency Backstage.com, first reported by National Review Online, the company requests applications for the event, asking what issues the person is “passionate about,” requiring a “short description of your political views,” and also asks for a recent photo.

“MTV, BET and CMT are casting the audience for town hall meeting with President Obama. Shooting Oct. 14, 4 p.m. in Washington, D.C. Seeking—Audience Members: males & females, 18+,” the casting call says, “To ensure that the audience represents diverse interests and political views, include your name, phone number, hometown, school attending, your job and what issues, if any, you are interested in or passionate about. Also, provide a recent photo and short description of your political views.”

Forum List

Back