The parallel universe where Mitt Romney leads all polls

The RCP average in the last four days of the 08 election were off by 1% of the actual vote. The methodologies are not flawless but generally are valid.

No methodology that oversamples D's by 8-11 is valid... No methodology that samples independents at 1% is valid...

There is nothing pointing to 0bama having more support this year than he did in 2008 and R's dropping support...

All of the polls have independents at 1%?

Where did I say that? I know more than one did...

Wrong, ass breath. I supported Fred and thought that you guys were demonstrating a quite reasonable fear of what he represented. But I never claimed that he would win.

And the fact that Fred turned out to be damn lack-lustre as a campaigner did ruin any chance he otherwise should have had.

But none of that has ANYthing to do with the bogus poll results getting reported with the typical blithe lib disregard of clear faults in the methodology.

Carbuncle, as always, you remain a massively dishonest fail.

You're lying, but that's on your conscience.

I gave you the unskewedpolls.com tracking poll, UNSKEWED, that said Obama is now up by 4.

You refuse to acknowledge that according to your own argument, that poll is accurate.

You lose.

No. You are lying. I proudly supported Fred. But otherwise your claims are, as always, just your dishonesty.

And I have not refused to acknowledge anything. I have maintained a consistent position. I don't place much stock in polling, generally.

But to whatever extent you think a sample of 400 or 500 or a couple of thousand "randomly" selected folks who answer the phone compares to how people will vote on Election Day (and in what party affiliation proportions), then it would make sense to use samples that more or less fairly and accurately correspond WITH the electorate of that State.

Asshole lying cocksleeves like you pretend that the oversampling of Dims is of no consequence.

You lie and you are purely laughable.

Why was the realclear final average within .3 percentage points of the actual result in 2008?

112206_600.jpg

No methodology that oversamples D's by 8-11 is valid... No methodology that samples independents at 1% is valid...

There is nothing pointing to 0bama having more support this year than he did in 2008 and R's dropping support...

You inferred it with your answer. Obama is leading across almost all the polls. One poll with 1% independents doesn't invalidate all the rest.

You're lying, but that's on your conscience.

I gave you the unskewedpolls.com tracking poll, UNSKEWED, that said Obama is now up by 4.

You refuse to acknowledge that according to your own argument, that poll is accurate.

You lose.

No. You are lying. I proudly supported Fred. But otherwise your claims are, as always, just your dishonesty.

And I have not refused to acknowledge anything. I have maintained a consistent position. I don't place much stock in polling, generally.

But to whatever extent you think a sample of 400 or 500 or a couple of thousand "randomly" selected folks who answer the phone compares to how people will vote on Election Day (and in what party affiliation proportions), then it would make sense to use samples that more or less fairly and accurately correspond WITH the electorate of that State.

Asshole lying cocksleeves like you pretend that the oversampling of Dims is of no consequence.

You lie and you are purely laughable.

Why was the realclear final average within .3 percentage points of the actual result in 2008?

I don't know that it was. If you say it, it is (on that basis) dubious.
But let's say you are right in making that claim.
Maybe they didn't oversample Dims in 2008?

You inferred it with your answer. Obama is leading across almost all the polls. One poll with 1% independents doesn't invalidate all the rest.

They were individual statements meant to be taken seperately... Tht's why they were two sentences...

No inference was intended...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back