The parallel universe where Mitt Romney leads all polls

Today, when the guy says something you happen to like, you quote him.

But tomorrow, when he points out what a bunch of mindless fuckwits you libs are, you will note that he is "fat."

There is no such thing as a "poll truther," anyway.

What there IS, amongst many of us, is a willingness to call bullshit on skewed polls. There's no reason to "buy" horseshit just because the lame stream media likes it.

Until you goobers recognize that the polls are skewed, you will continue to lap up the shit that you are being shoveled.

Actually, that's pretty funny to me. Bon appetit!

Do you believe that polls should have an equal number of Democrats and Republicans to be accurate?

NO, he supports the unskewedpolls.com's ratio, which is the Rasmussen ratio, which at last look was polling MORE Republicans than Democrats.

from unskewedpolls.com:

"the re-analysis of the poll, using their numbers and results, that I conducted by re-sampling the percentage of Republicans, Democrats and Independents based on the makeup among the population recently reported by Rasmussen Reports. Based on extensive surveying, Rasmussen calculates that 35.4 percent are Republicans, 34.0 percent are Democrats, and Independents are 30.5 percent."

UnSkewed Polls -- erasing the bias to show an accurate picture of politics

Is that an unknown to you, fuckwit?

If so, then you are admitting that you have NO fucking notion as to whether or not the polls are valid or not.

I asked YOU if YOU know. If you knew, you would say so and state it.

Yes. Then I turned the question around on you. And YOU would have answered if you knew.

The difference is, if you don't know (and you don't) then you have no basis to accept as valid the percentage of Dim respondents to Ohio polls regarding the 2012 Presidential Election.

The only way to "know" the actual party affiliation of the Ohio electorate, you assclown, is to gauge it by how they voted in the last election.

The data here is a bit dated (i.e., 2008), but according to the vote tally in the Presidential Election, it broke down as: Popular vote 2,940,044 (for Obama) 2,677,820 (for McCain) which equals roughly Percentage 51.5% Dim 46.9% (GOP) in '08. (Numbers from Wiki).

Now, if the current polling reflects even THAT degree of a Dim vs GOP ratio, then even a fucking assclown dolt like you SHOULD be able to figure out why it's invalid.

Do you imagine that the Dims can GET OUT THE enthusiastic vote like they did in '08 given the hideous record of nearly ceaseless FAIL from the incumbent?

You are a dolt, but even you can't be THAT completely delusional. Can you? :lol:

Your analysis is incorrect. Party affiliation is not based on who voted for whom in 08. It's based on what party those polled say they are a member.

unskewedpolls.com's daily tracking poll now has Obama leading by 4.

Do you accept that as accurate, by YOUR standards?

I guess I need to bump this question for Liability.

It will close this case if he refuses to answer.

LOL.

Another pathetic attempt by Carbuncle.

I don't accept ANY current polling as valid. I also don't go about simply rejecting polls just because I do not like what they presently show.

I would say AGAIN that the unskewed polling results are likely to be a better snapshot than the skewed polls.

I see no reason to accept the "result" of any poll when I know already that the sample used to craft the poll is skewed.

I understand why you would choose to embrace such shit, though,

:lol:

The RCP average in the last four days of the 08 election were off by 1% of the actual vote. The methodologies are not flawless but generally are valid.

I guess I need to bump this question for Liability.

It will close this case if he refuses to answer.

LOL.

Another pathetic attempt by Carbuncle.

I don't accept ANY current polling as valid. I also don't go about simply rejecting polls just because I do not like what they presently show.

I would say AGAIN that the unskewed polling results are likely to be a better snapshot than the skewed polls.

I see no reason to accept the "result" of any poll when I know already that the sample used to craft the poll is skewed.

I understand why you would choose to embrace such shit, though,

The RCP average in the last four days of the 08 election were off by 1% of the actual vote. The methodologies are not flawless but generally are valid.

No methodology that oversamples D's by 8-11 is valid... No methodology that samples independents at 1% is valid...

There is nothing pointing to 0bama having more support this year than he did in 2008 and R's dropping support...

Irrelevant...

Do you believe that turnout will be D+11 on election day?

Which state?

Ohio...

OK lets look at the Ohio polls

First off, Romney is not McCain. You can't assume all McCain voters will switch to Romney
Second: Auto bailouts. Romneys let them go bankrupt stance did not sit well with Ohioans
Third: Unions. Republican union busting in Ohio has soured many Ohioans to the Republican brand
Lastly: 47% of Americans want government handouts did not sit well with many Americans and has soured them on the Republicans

So, based on the mood of the electorate, that D+11 reflects what Ohioans were feeling that week. Will it last into November? It will probably come down after the debates as Romney gets more face time, but will not alter the fact that Obama will take Ohio

Last edited:

Why? The polls oversampled the D's... They are not statistically accurate of what the turnout will be in November...

First off, Romney is not McCain. You can't assume all McCain voters will switch to Romney
The vast majority will. In poll breakdowns, you see R's with a larger enthusiasm for their candidate...

Second: Auto bailouts. Romneys let them go bankrupt stance did not sit well with Ohioans
Barry screwed the auto industry in Ohio, as well as the middle class, not Romney... Most polls are showing a rise in Blue Collar support for Romney...

Third: Unions. Republican union busting in Ohio has soured many Ohioans to the Republican brand
Saving the state tons of cash on their taxes... That's a wash...

Lastly: 47% of Americans want government handouts did not sit well with many Americans and has soured them on the Republicans
Ohio yawned at that... In fact, most people agree with Romney's statement... The only ones who don't weren't going to vote for him anyway.. No, that helped Romney, not hurt him...

So, based on the mood of the electorate, that D+11 reflects what Ohioans were feeling that week. Will it last into November? It will probably come down after the debates as Romney gets more face time, but will not alter the fact that Obama will take Ohio

It doesn't reflect what Ohioans were feeling.. It reflects what mostly democrats were feeling as they were vastly oversampled...

You can pretend Barry will get D+11 in November, but I'm just gonna LMAO when it ends up R+2 or something similar....

Why? The polls oversampled the D's... They are not statistically accurate of what the turnout will be in November...

The vast majority will. In poll breakdowns, you see R's with a larger enthusiasm for their candidate...

Barry screwed the auto industry in Ohio, as well as the middle class, not Romney... Most polls are showing a rise in Blue Collar support for Romney...

Saving the state tons of cash on their taxes... That's a wash...

Ohio yawned at that... In fact, most people agree with Romney's statement... The only ones who don't weren't going to vote for him anyway.. No, that helped Romney, not hurt him...

It doesn't reflect what Ohioans were feeling.. It reflects what mostly democrats were feeling as they were vastly oversampled...

You can pretend Barry will get D+11 in November, but I'm just gonna LMAO when it ends up R+2 or something similar....

While polling Ohio, how does one go about "oversampling"

Why did every sample show a significant swing to the Democratic side after Romneys 35% debacle?

Why Romney is losing must-win Ohio - CNN.com

But Romney appears to be in deeper trouble in Ohio than elsewhere, an alarming development for Republicans who know that the candidate's White House chances begin and end with the kind of middle-class voters who reside in places such as Akron, Cincinnati and Zanesville.

So why exactly is Romney trailing?

- Romney's favorable rating is underwater. Almost two-thirds of voters approve of Obama's decision to bail out the auto industry, a staple of Ohio's manufacturing economy.
- The president leads Romney by a wide margin on the question of who would do more to help the middle class.
- Some pointed to the Obama campaign's aggressive effort to hang Romney's opposition to the federal bailout of Chrysler and General Motors around his neck.
- A hangover remains from the divisive 2011 battle over collective bargaining rights that hurt the GOP's standing with working class voters.
- Others cited Romney's lackluster political skills and said his stiff CEO demeanor as a turnoff for Ohioans, with one Republican officeholder saying that former Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour wasn't far off when he said recently that Romney is being caricatured as "a plutocrat married to a known equestrian."
- The main criticism that emerged, though, is that Romney is man without a message.

It is surprising that it took Ohio this long to figure out Romney

Oversampling...My ass

But Romney appears to be in deeper trouble in Ohio than elsewhere, an alarming development for Republicans who know that the candidate's White House chances begin and end with the kind of middle-class voters who reside in places such as Akron, Cincinnati and Zanesville.

- Romney's favorable rating is underwater. Almost two-thirds of voters approve of Obama's decision to bail out the auto industry, a staple of Ohio's manufacturing economy.
- The president leads Romney by a wide margin on the question of who would do more to help the middle class.
- Some pointed to the Obama campaign's aggressive effort to hang Romney's opposition to the federal bailout of Chrysler and General Motors around his neck.
- A hangover remains from the divisive 2011 battle over collective bargaining rights that hurt the GOP's standing with working class voters.
- Others cited Romney's lackluster political skills and said his stiff CEO demeanor as a turnoff for Ohioans, with one Republican officeholder saying that former Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour wasn't far off when he said recently that Romney is being caricatured as "a plutocrat married to a known equestrian."
- The main criticism that emerged, though, is that Romney is man without a message.

Oversampling...My ass

No. Oversampling dim assholes.

50 Dims to 40 Republicans.

Like THAT's how the voter turnout is going to break.

:cuckoo:

You are flatly delusional leftwhiner.

but funny.

While polling Ohio, how does one go about "oversampling"
It's a simple concept.. When you include overwhelmingly more D's than Rs and only 1% of independents, then your data is oversampled to the D's.... If the turnout is not D+11 then 0bama does not get that result...

Why did every sample show a significant swing to the Democratic side after Romneys 35% debacle?
Logical fallacy... You cannot claim one action caused the other action...

What about the parallel universe one must exist in where a president presiding over one of the worst recoveries in U.S. history, $5,000,000,000,000 debt in 3 years, credit downgrades, record unemployment, record numbers on public assistance, sinking $, etc. signifies a "shoe in" for victory?

Oversampling...My ass

but funny.

The tide has turned in Ohio. It is no longer in play for Romney

Key reasons:
Romney opposition to auto bailout
Republican union busting
A robust economy in Ohio
Romneys 47% blunder

Instead of addressing the obvious downfall of Romneys campaign in Ohio, Conservatives blame the media and every single poll as having it in for them

Delusional

Oversampling...My ass

but funny.

Key reasons:
Republican union busting
A robust economy in Ohio
Romneys 47% blunder

Instead of addressing the obvious downfall of Romneys campaign in Ohio, Conservatives blame the media and every single poll as having it in for them

Delusional

His disapproval rating in OH is higher than his approval....

Delusional indeed.

Oversampling...My ass

but funny.

Key reasons:
Republican union busting
A robust economy in Ohio
Romneys 47% blunder

Delusional

Ohio is going to go for Romney. Period.

Snap out of it leftwhiner.

Forum List

Back