The Palin Problem - Newsweek

rayboyusmc

Jan 2, 2008
Florida
Now another liberal, George Wills, is calling Palin a disaster. Compares her to Don Quixote's servant.

Newsweek also has her on the cover this week.

The Palin Problem
Yes, she won the debate by not imploding. But governing requires knowledge, and mindless populism is just that—mindless.

The question, the McCain campaign later acknowledged, was a fair one. In one of her sit-downs with Katie Couric of CBS News, Sarah Palin was asked to discuss a Supreme Court decision with which she disagreed. "Well, let's see," Palin replied, pausing. "There's, of course in the great history of America there have been rulings, that's never going to be absolute consensus by every American. And there are those issues, again, like Roe v. Wade, where I believe are best held on a state level and addressed there. So you know, going through the history of America, there would be others but …" Couric followed up: "Can you think of any?" Palin, still pondering, said: "Well, I could think of … any again, that could be best dealt with on a more local level. Maybe I would take issue with. But, you know, as mayor, and then as governor and even as a vice president, if I'm so privileged to serve, wouldn't be in a position of changing those things but in supporting the law of the land as it reads today." Asked about the exchange afterward, a McCain adviser who didn't want to be named talking about a sensitive matter said the question was fair, but added: "I wonder how many Americans would be able to name decisions they disagree with. The court is very important, but Palin is on the ticket because she connects with everyday Americans."

palin-1.jpg

Cover Story: Sarah Palin's 'Folk' Problem | Newsweek Politics: Campaign 2008 | Newsweek.com

I watched Joe Scarborough on Colbert last night.

He basically said Bush was a disaster, and the Republicans have screwed up so bad, they don't deserve to be elected.

Well it was about time McCain called out the democrats on this financial crisis. It had to be worked out of him though, with a question in Wisconsin today from a realtor. "She asked if he would go after "everyone" who created this mess, & those within the government too.

Could not believe it--McCain finally did it. He told what happened who (Criss Dodd & Barney Franks) who blocked every effort to reign these agencies in.

Americans would like to know who is to blame for their 401 K's loosing half of their value, why we had to come up with 100's of billions of dollars, etc. etc. McCain never told them until today. It may be too late.

Palin was the worst move of the campaign. McCain picked the wrong woman to try and grab the Hillary votes. He did think he had a way to grab a large % of 18M votes. He just picked the wrong woman. To little experience and to hickville to grab any real voters that may have run from Hillary to McCain. A you betcha doncha know hockey mom is not Hillary Clinton. Now Palin is the rock that McCain can't get out from under. He get teach her enough in time, He can't drop her from the ticket and he can't hide her far enough away without people knowing she has gone missing.

Thank you for an early Christmas John McCain Palin was just what we wanted. Darn tootin doncha know. 'Wink" "Wink"

Now another liberal, George Wills, is calling Palin a disaster. Compares her to Don Quixote's servant.

Newsweek also has her on the cover this week.

palin-1.jpg

Cover Story: Sarah Palin's 'Folk' Problem | Newsweek Politics: Campaign 2008 | Newsweek.com

Palin brought up this exact interview. She said she was frustrated with Katie Courick's questions. Stating she wanted to answer questions that were important to Americans--Like the economy, energy independance, this financial crisis, etc.

I have to agree with Sarah. Not too many people are concentrating on previous supreme court decisions, when we worried about going into a global depression the likes of the 1930's. It's obvious Katie was trying to do a "gotcha" question. But of course, Katie Courick is a bona-fide member of the Obama media networks.

Horseshit double bull crap.

3 months earlier she protested the Exon Valdez Supreme Court decision and its effect on Alaska. She couldn't remember that?

Please, when she isn't scripted, she shows her true intellect.

NewsWeak says Palin is a problem? She's only a problem for the Liberals who see that she has re-energized the base.
If Obama isn'tup by ten points on the eve of the election, he aint gonna' win.

George Will? Didn't he write that really boring book on Baseball?

Obviously, educated and knowledgable Cons are deserting Palin in droves. Its obvious to everyone with an 8th grade education that she's simply out of her league. Winking at the audience and giving corny shout outs to third graders is pure amateur hour.

For the uneducated Cons however, don't expect them to ever admit that Palin was just another Dan Qauyle, only worse.

They still haven't admitted their trillion dollar war on Iraq was a mistake.

Palin brought up this exact interview. She said she was frustrated with Katie Courick's questions. Stating she wanted to answer questions that were important to Americans--Like the economy, energy independance, this financial crisis, etc.

Oh wait... Sarah was frustrated with Katie Couric not addressing the issues important to the American people? But now, as she speaks directly to the American people, she doesn't talk about the issues that are important to them? Makes sense to me!

I have to agree with Sarah. Not too many people are concentrating on previous supreme court decisions, when we worried about going into a global depression the likes of the 1930's. It's obvious Katie was trying to do a "gotcha" question. But of course, Katie Courick is a bona-fide member of the Obama media networks.

again I ask, why, if that is what Sarah wants to talk about is she talking about everything BUT that?

seems convenient to complain about the questions asked when in fact she herself says nothing of substance when it's supposedly her and her team setting up her talking points.

Ya know, the issues I want to hear her address is what her faith is, how much she believes of her former pastors' sermons with regards to witches, kerry voters going to hell, the end times, and etc.

I don't care about her economic policy, since she'll be a puppet for that anyway. I don't care about her supreme court thinking. I want to know if she believes the hysterical and magical teachings of her former pastors.

Forum List

Back