The Palin Problem (It's Not What You Think...)

Flaylo

Handsome Devil
Feb 10, 2010
In some grass near you
Erica Payne: The Palin Problem (It's Not What You Think...)

Though you would never know it today, the American conservative movement once had a strong foundation in serious ideas from serious thinkers. Today, noteworthy men like Leo Strauss, Irving Kristol, and William F. Buckley, have been replaced by Glenn Beck -- a conspiracy theorist who cultivated a coke habit rather than obtaining a college degree. And let's not forget Sarah Palin, who meandered through 5 different colleges to earn one degree but evidently missed out on English 101. No wonder the crux of conservative ideology -- a preference for slow and temperate change -- has been replaced by a Tea Party crusade to repeal the 14th, 16th, and 17th amendments of our Constitution.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

crusaderfrank-albums-pds-victims-picture1080-zombies-edited-1.jpg

Though you would never know it today, the American conservative movement once had a strong foundation in serious ideas from serious thinkers. Today, noteworthy men like Leo Strauss, Irving Kristol, and William F. Buckley, have been replaced by Glenn Beck -- a conspiracy theorist who cultivated a coke habit rather than obtaining a college degree. And let's not forget Sarah Palin, who meandered through 5 different colleges to earn one degree but evidently missed out on English 101. No wonder the crux of conservative ideology -- a preference for slow and temperate change -- has been replaced by a Tea Party crusade to repeal the 14th, 16th, and 17th amendments of our Constitution.

So you agree that the academic elite are the only ones that are worthy of serious consideration as it pertains to ideas and leadership?

I dont. Intelligence has nothing to do with being book smart. It has to do with the ability to learn from experiences and implementing what you learn as you move forward in life.

So you agree that the academic elite are the only ones that are worthy of serious consideration as it pertains to ideas and leadership?

I dont. Intelligence has nothing to do with being book smart. It has to do with the ability to learn from experiences and implementing what you learn as you move forward in life.

I am more concerned with my politician being able to think critically than their academic record. Sadly, this skill seems unimportant to many - certainly the OP shows absolutely no evidence of any ability to apply critical thinking.

Why America has 'Palin fatigue' - The Week

The latest CNN poll found that a record 56 percent of Americans now have an unfavorable opinion of the the former Alaska governor. Palin's fall from grace is not merely backlash against her "tone-deaf response" to those who claimed she was "somehow responsible" for the Tucson shootings. It's because she has morphed from hockey mom to "multi-media extravaganza," knocking on our doors daily to "sell something, without any invitation." In the process, she has "completely overstayed her welcome

Last edited:
Pardonome', but me thinks it's the academic elitists who have fucked this country up.. big time.

The left clearly fears Palin, the more they degrade her the more ridiculous they look and the more political power and money she accumulates.

She is successful, started out from an average all American family to become one of the few in American politics that can fill an auditorium. Man .. that pisses them off....:lol:

The wish I'm guessing is to stop her right to free speech as a private citizen but their success would be a failure for all of us..

Sure you may not like her, her voice bugs me but there is no denying her success in the face of the hate mongers...

Pardonome', but me thinks it's the academic elitists who have fucked this country up.. big time.

You tell them Willow..

It is the fucking smart people who have fucked up this country. Time we let High School dropouts call the shots

You tell them Willow..

It is the fucking smart people who have fucked up this country. Time we let High School dropouts call the shots

do you deny it? All the supposedly best educated people in the world have been in charge with passing all the laws, shaping the landscape, levying the taxes... how's that been working out doyathink???

You tell them Willow..

That's pretty dumb, even for you.

It would be nice if we got somebody educated who in addition, had actually accomplished something other than getting elected.

The latest CNN poll found that a record 56 percent of Americans now have an unfavorable opinion of the the former Alaska governor. Palin's fall from grace is not merely backlash against her "tone-deaf response" to those who claimed she was "somehow responsible" for the Tucson shootings. It's because she has morphed from hockey mom to "multi-media extravaganza," knocking on our doors daily to "sell something, without any invitation." In the process, she has "completely overstayed her welcome

Question is, did CNN poll all of its 134 left-wing whackaloon viewers?

You are welcome to post a poll on how popular Palin still is

May I suggest Rassmussen?

You tell them Willow..

Either you are niave or you are intentionally spinning.

There are many people that fall BETWEEN the academic elite and the high school dropouts.

I have to believe you know that so I assume you are intentionally spinning.

Spinning is for those that are not confident in their position.

You are welcome to post a poll on how popular Palin still is

May I suggest Rassmussen?

Palin has imperfections??? I'm guessing she's human after all..

Let me see Mathews, Olberman, that gay chick and the tubby guy on MSNBC have close to zero ratings, yet you gobble up their message like it's gospel...

Ah.. you don't see a problem here???

Forum List

Back