The overreaction on tha MA election is astounding

This MIGHT be as shocking as many want to make it if Kennedy himself lost the seat to a Republican. Does anyone think that would have happened? Anyone?

:eusa_eh:

If Kennedy were still alive and holding the seat, we wouldn't have had the election you silly person. :cuckoo:

To be honest, I'm kinda glad that seat can now be extricated from the idea of being a "kennedy" seat. I'm not a big fan of heritage politics. It's the reason I was against Caroline being GIVEN Hillary's seat. There were too many cracks in the cornerstone of camelot anyway.

Martha was a shitty candidate. End of story. She was a poor substitute for what amounted to a mascot of mass politics. I'd bet money, marbles and chalk that his tenure will be short lived or that he will not tow too many right wing lines given the will of his state.

To be honest, I'm kinda glad that seat can now be extricated from the idea of being a "kennedy" seat. I'm not a big fan of heritage politics. It's the reason I was against Caroline being GIVEN Hillary's seat. There were too many cracks in the cornerstone of camelot anyway.

Martha was a shitty candidate. End of story. She was a poor substitute for what amounted to a mascot of mass politics. I'd bet money, marbles and chalk that his tenure will be short lived or that he will not tow too many right wing lines given the will of his state.
Hmmmm....

Is that seat up for grabs again in November? Or does he get the full six years?

Was this election to determine who would carry the rest of Teddy's term?

"Democrats are dropping like flies."
-- Whore ABC News headline, Link

"In the House, 14 GOP incumbents have decided not to seek re-election, while 10 Democratic incumbents have made the same announcement. Does this mean Republicans are 'dropping like flies'? In the Senate, six Republican incumbents have decided not to seek re-election, while two Democratic incumbents have made the same announcement. Is this evidence of a mass Democratic exodus?"
-- Steve Benen, Link

I thought Mr.Brown had won the presidency after the media love fest last night! ....and I can't just pat the GOP on the back for this this win because the Dems (as usual) fucked this one up royal and handed it over as far as I'm concerned.

Hmmmm....

I'd hope that he gets his full term. He won it so let him play with the toy.

Hmmmm....

I'd hope that he gets his full term. He won it so let him play with the toy.
His re-election will be in a November General, not a January Special though. So I am wondering now what the term will be.

It is very entertaining to observe.

I disagree. I have not seen the "official" results, but early estimates stated that Brown was victroious due to the Indepedent vote. This same Indepdent vote put Barack Obama into the White House. IF the early estimates are true, this COULD be a sign of things to come for the Democratic party, no?

That's why they're called 'Independent',...... they are not in anyone's pocket. However, I have to wonder, what did they expect after the disaster called the Dubya. They seem to think that you can fix everything overnight.

I think Reid and Obama need to be careful how much they try to strong arm the moderate democrats. Otherwise, they won't pass anything.

The question for Reid especially is this: Is it worth commiting political suicide to pass a crappy health care bill no one likes?

Reid could push through the compromise bill. What it would take in order to force health care through before Brown is sworn in would not only doom Reid's leadership role, but probably sink the Senate Democrats as a whole. But he could do it.

I suspect strongly he won't push it through though. That would mean in 2010 he could mollify the base by saying that "those evil conservatives blocked meaningful reform" while still tacking to the right to try to pick up Independents.

Obama has almost nothing to lose. At this point Reid and Pelosi are dead weight for him, and by 2012 people won't remember this health care debacle. All that will matter in 2012 is the economy and who the GOP nominee is.

Brown campaigned on a clear conservative message

1) Across the board tax cuts

2) Strong national security. Not giving rights to foreign terrorists.

Brown's message was solid conservative. And he won- solidly. In MA of all places.
Conservatives should be careful reading too much into this though. Reports I was hearing on the way in this morning makes it sound like it was independents that handed Brown the win. Again, if you think there's an army of Conservative voters in Massachusets, you're just not dealing with reality.

If the Republicans read this wrong and head too far to the right, they can still lose the independents and with them any hope of a come back.

However, the GOP has the advantage right now. A win built on independents is an even more stunning win in that if the independents are flipping, then Democratic strongholds across the country could be in serious trouble.

It was a historically significant victory which overturned a traditionally Democatic seat.

Does it signal a 2010 rout by the republicans? Perhaps not, but it was a wakeup call for the Dems

I am glad you finally realised what is happening.

Democrat politicians ignored the anger they witnessed at the town halls across this country--they ignored the losse's in New Jersey & Pennsylvania--& went right back to health care.

Americans are pushing back. And when Americans push back--you either get out of the way or get run over.

Mass. the original tea partiers fired a shot yesterday that was heard all the way in Washington D.C.---November 2010 is going to be very ugly for any democrat up for re-election.

$Ram it down.jpg

I think the Republicans have been pretty reserved considering it was the biggest upset in political history. Come on,a Conservative Republican winning the most Liberal Democrat seat in Congress? That's pretty amazing no? Anyway,they're definitely not gloating as much as the Democrats did when they were winning elections. I remember when all the Democrat loons were actually running around screeching about how Republicans and Conservatism were "Dead." If there has been an overreaction to this historic win,it's coming from the Democratic side. Talk about throwing one of your own under the bus? Yikes! Poor Coakley.

It was a historically significant victory which overturned a traditionally Democatic seat.

Does it signal a 2010 rout by the republicans? Perhaps not, but it was a wakeup call for the Dems

I am glad you finally realised what is happening.

Democrat politicians ignored the anger they witnessed at the town halls across this country--they ignored the losse's in New Jersey & Pennsylvania--& went right back to health care.

Americans are pushing back. And when Americans push back--you either get out of the way or get run over.

Mass. the original tea partiers fired a shot yesterday that was heard all the way in Washington D.C.---November 2010 is going to be very ugly for any democrat up for re-election.

View attachment 9265

Nonsense. Coakley didn't campaign until the last minute and then when she did not only was it too late, she screwed it up to boot.

It is very entertaining to observe.

I disagree. I have not seen the "official" results, but early estimates stated that Brown was victroious due to the Indepedent vote. This same Indepdent vote put Barack Obama into the White House. IF the early estimates are true, this COULD be a sign of things to come for the Democratic party, no?

Time will tell. it mostly depends on how the economy does in the next year or so.
Americans have a VERY short memory. And seem to love being programmed.

Americans do not have short memories--in fact, I have never witnessed such anger toward our government in my 57 years. Americans are outraged & MASS. with only a population of 12% republicans just voted for a republican. A seat that has been owned by democrats for many many decades. In fact, they only have 5 republicans in the entire general assembly of the state. Scott Brown was one of them.

This is an historic day for MASS.

It will not be gone or forgotten in November 2010. Democrats are going to get hit with a 300 ft. tsumani that will leave none of them standing.

Forum List

Back