The overreaction on tha MA election is astounding

It was a historically significant victory which overturned a traditionally Democatic seat.

Does it signal a 2010 rout by the republicans? Perhaps not, but it was a wakeup call for the Dems

I am glad you finally realised what is happening.

Democrat politicians ignored the anger they witnessed at the town halls across this country--they ignored the losse's in New Jersey & Pennsylvania--& went right back to health care.

Americans are pushing back. And when Americans push back--you either get out of the way or get run over.

Mass. the original tea partiers fired a shot yesterday that was heard all the way in Washington D.C.---November 2010 is going to be very ugly for any democrat up for re-election.

View attachment 9265

The tea partiers??? That is too funny. Brown didn't want anything to do with the tea partiers or, for that matter, the rightwing media.

Brown the kind of Republican that the Limbaughs of the conservative world were trying to kick out of the Republican party for the last several years. Now they're being welcomed back??

lol

It was a historically significant victory which overturned a traditionally Democatic seat.

Does it signal a 2010 rout by the republicans? Perhaps not, but it was a wakeup call for the Dems

Democrat politicians ignored the anger they witnessed at the town halls across this country--they ignored the losse's in New Jersey & Pennsylvania--& went right back to health care.

Americans are pushing back. And when Americans push back--you either get out of the way or get run over.

Mass. the original tea partiers fired a shot yesterday that was heard all the way in Washington D.C.---November 2010 is going to be very ugly for any democrat up for re-election.

View attachment 9265

You had to ignore the anger at the town hall meetings. The GOP lied to them and they brought thouse lies to the meetings. How do you not ignore people talking about death panels who refuse to read the bill and see for themselves that they were lied to. Heck, it even created a backlash against AARP. The Repugs convinced seniors that a bill which at the time, was very much a pro-seniors bill, was against their interest. And rather than going home and doing some research and finding out the truth for themselves, they simply ran with the lies.

The GOP (and I'm thinking Grassley in particular) then played to the lies.

This is interesting but - I hope I am wrong about him and he is a moderate republican from the past and not the contemporary wingnuts that populate their world today.

"I know, I know: Democrats are saying that Scott Brown is a typical Washington Republican, the unholy spawn of George W. Bush and Dick Cheney. But here's the evidence, right on Brown's campaign website: "I believe that all Americans deserve health care coverage.... In Massachusetts, I support the 2006 health care law that was successful in expanding coverage...."

The law he's referring to is a government health care program that forces people to buy insurance, exactly like Obamacare. The idea is to achieve universal coverage, exactly like Obamacare. Those who can't afford it get subsidized by taxpayers, exactly like Obamacare. And four years after it was passed, 98 percent of Massachusetts has signed up. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this big government?"

Scott Brown Poll Surprise - Conservative Denial in Scott Brown Mass Senate Race - Esquire

Last edited:

View attachment 9265

You had to ignore the anger at the town hall meetings. The GOP lied to them and they brought thouse lies to the meetings. How do you not ignore people talking about death panels who refuse to read the bill and see for themselves that they were lied to. Heck, it even created a backlash against AARP. The Repugs convinced seniors that a bill which at the time, was very much a pro-seniors bill, was against their interest. And rather than going home and doing some research and finding out the truth for themselves, they simply ran with the lies.

I just read what you wrtote and then re-read it as I could not believe someone was so naive.

I guess I am wrong.

Wow....just wow. And you criticize seniors for not doing research?

Research is not listening to Chris Matthews and Keith Olbermann.

Just thought you may like to know.

Carry on.

What is the appropriate reaction to going from 40% to 41% of the Senate?

I'd say quite a bit less than we're seeing would be appropriate. But the hysterical hyperbolic right has raised the overreaction bar so high it's pretty hard to get over.

This is interesting but - I hope I am wrong about him and he is a moderate republican from the past and not the contemporary wingnuts that populate their world today.

"I know, I know: Democrats are saying that Scott Brown is a typical Washington Republican, the unholy spawn of George W. Bush and Dick Cheney. But here's the evidence, right on Brown's campaign website: "I believe that all Americans deserve health care coverage.... In Massachusetts, I support the 2006 health care law that was successful in expanding coverage...."

The law he's referring to is a government health care program that forces people to buy insurance, exactly like Obamacare. The idea is to achieve universal coverage, exactly like Obamacare. Those who can't afford it get subsidized by taxpayers, exactly like Obamacare. And four years after it was passed, 98 percent of Massachusetts has signed up. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this big government?"

Scott Brown Poll Surprise - Conservative Denial in Scott Brown Mass Senate Race - Esquire

We all believe all "deserve" healthcare coverage.
Many of do not see it as an entitlement..and may of us do not see it as mandatory.

I don't think i've ever seen a Party throw one of their own under the bus the way the Democrats did Coakley. That stuff is getting pretty ugly. I actually feel bad for the poor woman. There is some overreacting going on and most of it is coming from the Democratic side. The Republicans have been surprisingly low-key considering it was probably the biggest political shocker in history. Hey just my opinion anyway.

I'd say quite a bit less than we're seeing would be appropriate. But the hysterical hyperbolic right has raised the overreaction bar so high it's pretty hard to get over.

The proper reaction of you whining liberal Democratics upon getting reduced from 60% to 59% should be some quiet (and not altogether fearful) reflection and contemplation.

But instead we get the quoted kind of crap from you. Your dishonest hyperbole, and that of so many of your pals, is more in keeping with what you guys are. Quite pathetic.

View attachment 9265

There were no lies. I may not have called the death panels as they did, I would have called them evaluation panels, and there would have been "evaluation panels". Somewhere, the government was going to have to ration care to help keep premiums, and costs low. A person doesn't have to be a rocket scientist to see through that.
Just where were people going to read the bill, it never was on paper to be able to read, just concepts....fluid concepts.
Seniors didn't have to listen to republicans to get their views. Nobody in the democratic isle could ever sell their deal, because no one on that side even knew what was in it...remember...no abortions would be in it, then it was, then it wasn't? Seniors are a lot smarter than you or I because they have one thing we don't, and that would be lifes experience. You start cutting back on Medicare, and something has to give.
So please, just go back to get your next set of marching orders, and come back, we will go over those, too.

Last edited:

You do not see it best for America to go from a fillibuster proof senate to one that will require debate for all legislation?

Instead you simply see it as a 1% change?

Hmmmm....

You do not see it best for America to go from a fillibuster proof senate to one that will require debate for all legislation?

Hmmmm....

What do you expect from a blind partisan?

It is only 1% but it is a total game changer. The rubber stamp Congress that has been doing their worst to jam bad legislation down our throats is done. They'll have to compromise and debate or they'll get nothing done. Yeah Democrats, it's not a big deal. You just keep on doing what you were doing.....:lol:

Hmmmm....

What do you expect from a blind partisan?

It is only 1% but it is a total game changer. The rubber stamp Congress that has been doing their worst to jam bad legislation down our throats is done. They'll have to compromise and debate or they'll get nothing done. Yeah Democrats, it's not a big deal. You just keep on doing what you were doing.....:lol:

If the Senate had been at 50 - 50, and had the liberal Democratics "lost" the alleged "Kennedy" Senate seat to Brown, the result STILL would have been a 1% loss for the Dims and a 1% corresponding gain from the GOP. But it's difficult to believe that caronated would nevertheless make the silly argument that it's just a 1% change.

Similarly, the termination of the filibuster-proof supermajority holds LOTS of potential to disrupt the lousy agenda the liberal Democratics were busy foisting off on us.

Yes indeed. I think "game changer" is pretty close to the mark. 1% can do wonders.

Forum List

Back