The OUTRAGEOUS LIES that come out of Washington.

Neubarth

At the Ballpark July 30th
Nov 8, 2008
South Pacific
I keep the data as it is first reported from Washington. Usually when they make up numbers they make up lies to go with the numbers. They made up a wallapaloser of a lie for last weeks Unemployment Insurance Claims numbers.

As you know, I have been waging a campaign to get Washington to stop with all of the lies about the UI numbers. So now they are adding a few Unemployed people to the numbers to make it look like they offset the 100,000 to 200,000 people they were not counting each week for the past five months. Even though UI claims went down, the DOL said they had gone up and then made up this lie to try to convince the public that there was a reason for the imaginary increase.

"WASHINGTON -- The number of new claims for unemployment benefits jumped unexpectedly last week as heavy snows caused layoffs to rise.

In addition, many state agencies in the mid-Atlantic and New England regions that process the claims were closed due to the storms and are now clearing out backlogs, a Labor Department analyst said.

The department said Thursday that first-time claims for unemployment insurance rose by 22,000 to a seasonally adjusted 496,000. Wall Street analysts polled by Thomson Reuters expected a drop to 455,000."

Now, heavy snow may cause outside construction workers to miss work for a few days, but that is not going to cause them to be laid off for six months, and they most certainly are not going to file for unemployment insurance in those states that require a projection for a prolonged layoff. Most states will not bother with the paperwork to pay somebody because he lost three days of work because of the weather.

Besides, as we know with the tremendous collapse in the housing construction and business building industries, eighty percent of the construction workers are presently unemployed and have been for nearly two years now. We are now constructing only twenty percent of the buildings and houses that we used to three years ago.

Yes the saving grace is that we employed all those illegal aliens in the construction industry thereby reducing our unemployment insurance costs and keeping the figures lower.

My son is working a Mc Job, right now.

Since every employee is part time, and many of them are now working without schedules (i.e., they're call on demand workers) the weather is definitely taken into account by management.

Now how that effects unemplyment numbers I surely do not know.

But I can see how it might effect those numbers.

The mid Atlanic states are and have been getting bombed with snow.

No doubt plenty of call on deamnd workers are losing hours because of it.

Lose enough hours and they can apply for unemplyment even if they're not working full time.

My son is working a Mc Job, right now.

Since every employee is part time, and many of them are now working without schedules (i.e., they're call on demand workers) the weather is definitely taken into account by management.

Now how that effects unemplyment numbers I surely do not know.

But I can see how it might effect those numbers.

The mid Atlanic states are and have been getting bombed with snow.

No doubt plenty of call on deamnd workers are losing hours because of it.

Lose enough hours and they can apply for unemplyment even if they're not working full time.

Edi, you missed the issue and that was that Unemployment Insurance claims actually went DOWN, not up. There was no need for all of the lies this time other than the fact that they lied to bolster their lie about the numbers. Washington now lies so frequently and so viciously that they can not release any data without lying about it.

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back