The Other Side of the World Cup!

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
dog-jp-macur-1-master675.jpg

All the million dollar stadiums and hotels and other stuff laid out for the attendees. But, what of the people who live there? When it's all over, what happens to them. :evil:

This has pictures of the stadia along with an interactive one @ http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/29/s...egion-after-cup.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&_r=0

1. It isn't the "other side if the World Cup" Brazil was like that before the tournament.

2. It's a shithole. Who cares?

If I'm not mistaken, the slant of the article was to point out all the billions spent on the venues and support facilities, excluding those who desperately could have gained a great deal from having that money sent their way.

1. It isn't the "other side if the World Cup" Brazil was like that before the tournament.

2. It's a shithole. Who cares?

If I'm not mistaken, the slant of the article was to point out all the billions spent on the venues and support facilities, excluding those who desperately could have gained a great deal from having that money sent their way.

Yeah, and billions of dollars later, they would still be poor and those places would still be shitholes. What I object to most is the dishonesty of the language. Implying to the casual reader that this is somehow the fault of FIFA and the sport. I know it has nothing to do with th, and perhaps you know that too but the language is dishonest and deceptive.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back