The Oslo murderer

compare the numbers of the dead, then get back to me.
Your statement was about the likelihood of a person being a terrorist, not the number killed. The number killed is not a very good measure of the extent of terrorist activity because the number killed is mostly a matter of chance.

It doesn't matter. Your Muslim neighbor is more likely to be a terrorist than your Jewish neighbor, trust me.
The facts speak for themselves. Only 6% of the terrorist attacks in the US have been carried out by Muslim extremist. These statistics support the conclusion that although Muslim extremest are responsible for the most devastating attacks, their activities are not pervasive.

Your statement was about the likelihood of a person being a terrorist, not the number killed. The number killed is not a very good measure of the extent of terrorist activity because the number killed is mostly a matter of chance.

It doesn't matter. Your Muslim neighbor is more likely to be a terrorist than your Jewish neighbor, trust me.
The facts speak for themselves. Only 6% of the terrorist attacks in the US have been carried out by Muslim extremist. These statistics support the conclusion that although Muslim extremest are responsible for the most devastating attacks, their activities are not pervasive.

Tell that to the people facing extinction in Somalia. A great example of what happens when you let Islam get a foothold.

Or France.

You're leaving those people out.

The whole situation in Uganda is tribal, NOT Christian. The tribal whackjob who is in power has decided he's Christian now, but he's crazy and his whole viewpoint is based upon TRIBAL tradition, not Christian tradition.

Is this a bad time to remind her that Christianity was once a tribal religion?

Christian tradition has largely changed, but people fought in the name of God the Father not that long ago. And what we know as 'extremist' Christianity was alive and well through much of Europe until fairly recent times. Stop acting as though it was something done in medieval times. It's just history. It shows your religion is a powerful one. Is that a bad thing?

Last edited:
The whole situation in Uganda is tribal, NOT Christian. The tribal whackjob who is in power has decided he's Christian now, but he's crazy and his whole viewpoint is based upon TRIBAL tradition, not Christian tradition.

Christian tradition has largely changed, but people fought in the name of God the Father not that long ago. And what we know as 'extremist' Christianity was alive and well through much of Europe until fairly recent times. Stop acting as though it was something done in medieval times. It's just history. It shows your religion is a powerful one. Is that a bad thing?

Once Islam has seen a Reformation, ALL of Humanity will be better for it. :thup:

So, who are you?...

You aren't New, regardless of your Sign-up Date...

Where you from?...

:)

peace...

Dear AllieBaba: thank you for trying to be fair. speaking as a progressive liberal Constitutionalist who works within the Democratic Party, I can tell you there is hypocrisy and corruption, willingness to sell out principle for party politics and political gain.

As for conservative Christians, the things I will cite that remind me of the hypocrisy
with this shooting
A. when I ask my Republican friends about holding gun owners to the Constitution, they shirk. They also hesitate at the idea of holding Corporations to the Constitution while they are invoking rights underneath the same laws! This open the door to abuses without adequate check; you are right to point out this hypocrisy with liberal pro-choice who want the choice of abortion but fail to take responsibility for the consequences while blaming the right for the same. there is a similar issue with conservatives not wanting any legislation or regulation at all of guns by government because it crosses a line with them.

B. Also Herman Cain was willing to compromise Constitutional equality by supporting the legal banning of mosques; again I believe the solution woudl be to hold religious organizations to uphold the same Constitutional protections as government to ensure no people are abused by how laws are enforced, including religious policies. Other groups should equally benefit from such a standard beign enforced across all organizations, including profit corporations as well as religious institutions that otherwise run a risk of abusing authority or policies to violate rights or due process of individuals. Cult or religious abuse as well as legal and judicial abuse could be prevented by requiring uniform standards of civil due process and protection for any organization registered under the state.

I believe Constitutionalists from any and all parties will eventually come to an agreement on how to enforce laws consistently, REGARDLESS of our political beliefs on each issue.

But in the meantime there is hypocrisy on all side.

Thanks again for pointing out it is equally on the Left.

I don't see anything about this guy that even remotely reminds me of the right wingers on this board.

I see more people from the left who state their comfort with the idea of killing children, reducing population, withholding assistance from those who need it outside of the US, and oppressing people based upon their color and religion than I see people on the right doing the same thing.

In fact, kindly share exactly who exactly mirrors this guys. Specifics please. Exactly what have they said, and how does it line up with his beliefs? Links please.

Otherwise I'll just assume it's more revolting fear mongering and lying.

Once Islam has seen a Reformation, ALL of Humanity will be better for it. :thup:

So, who are you?...

You aren't New, regardless of your Sign-up Date...

Where you from?...

:)

peace...

Interesting point.

She is certainly an extremely experienced forum user. That occurred to me very early on ...but what would make you feel that she was experienced in this particular forum? :)

Are we allowed to discuss his motivations yet?

It seems obvious from his writings that he sees himself as some kind of martyr advocating for a revolution against his country because of his Islamophobic views. (Even though the population of Norway is only 3% Muslim).

Many of his views are similar to views of posters here and I find that disturbing. Not that I think anyone here would go on a murderous rampage and kill innocent people, especially children.

The guy is a fucking terrorist.

What the hell.

Seriously, do you know how to think?

His views are not at all similar to anyone I have seen posting here. He believes that devout Muslims should be able to run their own countries exactly the way they want to, including killing women who look at men. Can you point to a single of the anti Islam crowd here, including myself, who has ever come close to saying anything like that? I think that, upon reflection, you will see that most of the anti Islam crowd here advocate blowing them off the face of the planet. I will also bet that, upon reflection, you will realize that none of us advocate gong out and killing non Muslims to make our point.

If, that is, you are capable of both honesty and reflection.

Or either one.

Forum List

Back